Pharmacy Technician Supervisor Job Description Example, Duties, and Responsibilities
What Does a Pharmacy Technician Supervisor Do?
The pharmacy technician supervisor monitors the direct activities of the pharmacy technicians assigned to central pharmacy duties.
He/she is responsible for organizing the daily activities of the staff of the technical unit.
Their job description entails helping in diverse activities and functions in agreement with standard written policies and principles as well as state and federal requirements.
They conduct technician meetings twice a week by organizing programs of action.
Also included in their job description is drafting out and delivery of the minutes of weekly meetings.
Their role also involves carrying out evaluation and following-up on issues suitably with the required documentation.
This post requires supervising and managing PSR’s whose responsibilities involve coordination and handling/preparing of new patient medication orders and reorders.
This will involve duties such as validating benefits, obtaining copay amounts, translating and imputing new or refill prescriptions into the pharmacy data system.
The supervisor receives authorizations, filters, identifies, and finds resolutions to an order that indicates accounts receivable or clinical problems.
The individual for this post works with both internal and external clients in ensuring prompt processing of orders and meeting every financial and clinical prerequisite before fulfillment by the staff.
An essential associate of the hospital’s multidisciplinary unit, the pharmacy technician supervisor perpetually strives to improve its activities to keep the hospital at the cutting edge of medication care and services.
Pharmacy Technician Supervisor Job Description Example
Here is an example of the pharmacy technician supervisor job description. It contains the duties, tasks, and responsibilities which are essential to be performed by anyone holding the position.
- Supervise technicians helping in precise filing of medication and keeping of records in relation to medications for utilization by patients
- Ensure that the suitable equipment and techniques are utilized
- Organize prompt distribution of drugs by utilizing team approach to authorize pharmacy technicians
- Participate actively in assessment and constant improvement of patient services, processes and policies
- Organize staff training files including completion certificate of modules as well as staff fitness and well being
- Create a training program for new employees to follow during the period of training
- Maintain acquaintance with each position so as to be proficient in offering firsthand orientation to new technicians
- Update and maintain a master schedule with daily alterations, transactions and sick leave
- Utilize the computer to input medication orders precisely and collect the essential patient information
- Organize the offering of district pharmacy services by being actively involved with the multidisciplinary healthcare unit
- Utilizes polite and professional customer-focused methods relating with clients in telephone conversations
- Carry out all tasks as directed by an accredited pharmacist
- Offer support to the technical unit of the Department of Pharmacy Services
- Maintain regular coverage for all technician posts within the units in aspects relating to meetings and medical appointments
Preparing a resume for the post of pharmacy technician supervisor: the work activities contained in the job description shown above can be used in making a resume for the position.
Requirements – Qualities – Knowledge, Skills and Abilities for the Pharmacy Technician Supervisor Position
To meet the expectations of employers, the prospective applicant for the post of a pharmacy technician supervisor must possess the following qualities, knowledge, abilities, and skills:
- At least a four year degree in management health care administration or an affiliated course with solid management background
- Sufficient acquaintance with medical technology, health insurance as well as with all Microsoft Office programs
- Possession of essential and relevant interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in organizing staff effectively in providing the required customer service
- Ability to give priority to workload, meet targeted deadlines
- Good demonstration of leadership traits and outstanding aptitude working with numbers