This post presents exhaustive information about the job description of a PepsiCo delivery driver, to help you learn what they do.
It highlights the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that typically make up the PepsiCo delivery driver work description.
It also provides major requirements you may need to fulfill to be hired for the delivery driver role at PepsiCo or other like companies.
Please, read on:
What Does a PepsiCo Delivery Driver Do?
A PepsiCo delivery driver is responsible for delivering a variety of products to customers in various locations throughout the United States.
PepsiCo delivery drivers must be able to work during all weather conditions and at any time of the day or night.
Pepsico delivery drivers are required to deliver products by hand or with the use of motorized vehicles.
They ensure that they have sufficient product on hand to meet customer demand.
The PepsiCo delivery driver’s job description entails maintaining an accurate inventory record of all products delivered to each location.
This includes keeping track of the quantity of each item delivered and recording it on the appropriate delivery ticket.
The delivery driver provides prompt service to customers. This means being available when needed and meeting deadlines.
They maintain high standards of personal appearance. This includes wearing clean uniforms and shoes, grooming properly, and using good hygiene practices.
They maintain a safe and efficient driving operation. This includes operating equipment safely, obeying traffic laws, and following company policies and procedures.
The PepsiCo delivery driver is also responsible for maintaining a clean vehicle.
They adhere to company policy, including those pertaining to safety, health, and environmental protection.
They also attend training sessions and follow company guidelines regarding safety, health, and environment.
The delivery driver at PepsiCo must comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
They are responsible for loading and unloading products from the truck, and for making deliveries in accordance with established schedules.
They must ensure that the products are loaded into the correct containers and that the proper labels are affixed.
The PepsiCo delivery drivers are also responsible for ensuring that the products are properly packaged and labeled.
They provide accurate and timely written records documenting the number of units delivered and the amount of money collected.
They also keep detailed records of all transactions made while working for the company.
The driver reports any problems encountered while performing their duties to the supervisor.
They also must be willing to travel within the United States.
The delivery drivers at PepsiCo are required to complete a daily log sheet, which documents the time spent at each site.
They are responsible for storing and retrieving supplies and must ensure that the products are stored in a manner that protects them from damage and theft.
PepsiCo Delivery Driver Job Description Sample/Example/Template
The PepsiCo delivery driver job description involves the following duties, tasks, and responsibilities:
- Ensure that all deliveries are made on time and according to company policy
- Load and unload truck(s) by hand or mechanical means
- Maintain accurate records of all product deliveries
- Report any problems encountered during load/unload operations
- Ensure equipment are kept clean and free from obstructions always
- Follow safety procedures when working around hazardous materials
- Assist other drivers if needed
- Provide assistance to customers
- Make sure that the loading dock is clear before beginning a new shift
- Make sure that the cargo area is secure after completing loading/unloading
- Move heavy items by applying proper lifting techniques
- Maintain a neat appearance at work
- Comply with all federal, state and local laws and regulations
- Deliver products to customers in accordance with company policy.
PepsiCo Delivery Driver Job Description for Resume
If you have worked before as a delivery driver at PepsiCo or are presently working in that role and are making a new resume/CV, you can create an impactful Professional Experience section for your resume by applying the PepsiCo delivery driver job description example provided above.
You can highlight the PepsiCo delivery driver duties and responsibilities from the sample job description above in your resume’s Professional Experience section to show that you have been successful performing the duties of a delivery driver at PepsiCo.
This piece of information in your resume can work in your favor to get the recruiter/employer to grant you an interview, especially if the new position that you are seeking requires someone with some delivery driver work experience at PepsiCo.
PepsiCo Delivery Driver Requirements: Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
If you are seeking the job of a delivery driver at PepsiCo or other company in the same industry, you may be asked to meet the following requirements:
- Must be able to frequently lift 50 pounds items and occasionally 100 pounds
- Ability to walk up stairs, bend, and stoop; squat, kneel, and twist; reach above shoulder level and crawl
- Must have a clear vision with the a ability to well with both eyes
- Must be able to hear clearly
- Must be able to comprehend instructions and speak English, as well as to read and write
- Must pass a drug test
- Must pass a background check
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks without losing focus and enthusiasm
- Ability to ensure a safe work environment for everyone
- Ability to wear the necessary personal protective equipment to perform certain tasks
- Must be able to drive commercial vehicles and operate forklift and
- Must be able to carry loads weighing more than 25 pounds
- Ability to apply relevant work tools and equipment in carrying out tasks
- Ability to relate and communicate with diverse groups of people at the workplace and outside
- Ability to work in extreme temperature conditions with breaking down.
PepsiCo Delivery Driver Salary
The average PepsiCo delivery driver income is $52,281 per year, according to Glassdoor.
The PepsiCo delivery driver’s wage ranges from $28,641 to $83,543 per year.
The PepsiCo delivery driver is an entry level position. Employees in this role typically start at $10-$15 per hour.
In addition to their salary, they may receive benefits such as health insurance, paid vacation days, and retirement plans.
This post is helpful to individuals interested in the delivery driver job at PepsiCo. They will be able to learn all they need to know about the duties and responsibilities of a delivery driver at PepsiCo.
It is also beneficial to recruiters/employers looking to find and hire the best candidates for the delivery driver role in the companies.
They can apply the sample PepsiCo delivery driver job description in making one for use in their hiring process.