Online Marketing Specialist Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post provides complete information on the job description of an online marketing specialist, to help you learn what they do.
It highlights the tasks, duties, and responsibilities that majorly make up the online marketing specialist work description in most organizations.
It also presents the major requirements to meet if you are seeking to work as an online marketing specialist in most organizations.
Please, continue reading to increase your knowledge of the online marketing specialist career:
What Does an Online Marketing Specialist Do?
An online marketing specialist is responsible for assisting an organization in its overall marketing efforts by actively participating in the development and execution of marketing plans in order to reach targets from brand awareness to product promotion.
His/her job description entails implementing marketing campaigns that use online channels in achieving a company’s goals; overseeing several important activities such as planning, maintaining the organization’s channels, and handling the SEO strategy.
An online marketing specialist is often in charge of the online marketing team and also responsible for client and partner acquisition and retention.
He/she also carries out the duty of monitoring and evaluating marketing initiatives, collaborating and liaising with designers; working cooperatively with the sales and client support teams, and researching new online marketing opportunities and trends.
The responsibilities that are carried out by online marketing specialists are widely determined by the needs and requirements of the organization they work for.
They may also execute other marketing functions such as organizing and conducting market research in order to find answers to the requirements, habits, and trends of customers, coming up with effective ideas for creative marketing campaigns, and assisting with all outbound and inbound activities by demonstrating their level of expertise in various areas such as content development and optimization, advertising, and planning of events.
The online marketing specialist work description also involves assisting an organization in its overall marketing efforts by actively participating in the development and execution of marketing plans in order to reach targets from brand awareness to product promotion.
It also includes managing and coordinating all digital marketing activities, supporting the set goals and objectives in the marketing plan, and liaising and working in relation with the sales team.
It also involves identifying and examining the organization’s objectives and translating them into marketing strategies and ensuring that the organization has a well-developed search-engine ranking; monitoring, improving, and maintaining the organization’s online reputation, overseeing the processes that are involved in email campaigns, and carrying out other marketing and awareness duties as required by the organization.
The position of an online marketing specialist requires the ideal candidate or anyone interested in this career to possess certain skills or attributes, such as strategic planning, good online marketing expertise, and strong and well-developed communication and interpersonal skills; adequate computer skills and familiarity with Internet trends, and the ability to work independently, as well as in a team.
In terms of academic qualifications, the ideal candidate for the online marketing specialist position is required to possess or have acquired a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communication, Media, or Business administration, or in a related discipline.
Some employers often demand several years of proven work experience.
Online Marketing Specialist Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Online marketing specialists perform various functions in ensuring effective marketing campaigns for the organizations online.
Shown below are major duties, tasks, and responsibilities that commonly define the job description of online marketing specialists:
- Overseeing, marketing, and coordinating all digital marketing activities
- Supporting and working in conformity with the set goals or objectives in the marketing plan
- Monitoring, managing, and improving the organization or brand’s online reputation
- Managing and overseeing search engine optimization program in order to enhance improvement in ranking and product visibility
- Brainstorming in order to develop new ideas for creative marketing campaigns
- Conducting market research in order to seek consumer requirements, habits, and trends
- Liaising and collaborating with external vendors in order to carry out promotional events and campaigns
- Publishing and maintaining promotions which result in an increase in traffic or sales revenue for the organization
- Assisting in the analysis of marketing data in order to ensure that future marketing strategies are well shaped.
Online Marketing Specialist Job Description for Resume
If you have worked before as an online marketing specialist or are presently working in that position and want to write a new resume, the sample job description above will help you in creating the perfect professional experience section for your resume.
The professional or work experience section of your resume is where you highlight the duties and responsibilities you have performed as an online marketing specialist or are presently carrying out in that role.
By reading about your work experience as an online marketing specialist, the recruiter will be more favorable to your application if the position you are applying for requires the experience.
You can apply the duties and responsibilities of an online marketing specialist as provided in the job description example above in making your resume’s professional experience section.
Online Marketing Specialist Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
If you are seeking to work as an online marketing specialist with an organization, you will need to prove to them that you can effectively perform the obligations, purpose, and objectives of the role for the recruiter to consider you for hiring.
That means you will be expected to meet certain requirements specified by the recruiter for the position.
Shown below are major requirements you may be expected to meet to be hired for the online marketing specialist role in most organizations:
- Familiarity, adequate experience, and knowledge of Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Bing Ads, Facebook Ads, and so on
- Several years of professional working experience in an online marketing field
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of several marketing elements and market research methods
- Exceptional written and oral communication and interpersonal skills, which enables an online marketing specialist to liaise with clients and co-workers, effectively
- Self-management, time management, organizational and detail-oriented skills, as an online marketing specialist is expected to be composed to complete tasks on time
- A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communication, Media, or Business Administration, or in a related discipline.
If you are a recruiter or HR manager needing to hire for the online marketing specialist position, you will need to inform prospective candidates about the duties and responsibilities associated with the position.
That means, you will need to publish the description of the position to enable interested individuals to decide if they will be able to work as an online marketing specialist in your organization or not.
The online marketing specialist job description sample provided above can serve as a template for you to quickly and easily make the perfect description of the position in your company.
Information provided in this post is also useful to individuals interested in the online marketing specialist career to boost their knowledge of what the role does.