Kroger Stocker Job Description, Duties, and Responsibilities
What Does a Kroger Stocker Do?
The Kroger stocker is responsible for carrying out stocking assignments and providing support to the Grocery department.
His/her work description entails duties such as opening products safely, loading, stocking, sorting, cutting, placing of products in the right location, and ensuring maximum visibility for products, which can lead to more sales, by building displays.
The role of the stocker at Kroger may also involve taking inventory counts as well as performing back-room duties.
It may also include cleaning of spill and general housekeeping duties on the backroom areas and sales floor.
The stocker also has the responsibility to act as a role model to showcase Kroger’s core value, including integrity, honesty, safety of others, inclusion, and diversity.
He/she is responsible for ensuring guest satisfaction and effective relationship; he/she acknowledges and greets guests warmly as they enter the department and engages them in a friendly way.
He/she is expected to stick to work schedules that have been assigned by management.
The Kroger stocker work description entails stocking tasks such as ordering of products, lifting, and stocking; facing, blocking, dusting, and rotating of products.
The stocker has the obligation to be attentive to guests’ needs always; he/she must have the ability to take or direct guests to items they are looking for.
He/she may also be assigned front end duties, including checking or/and sacking.
Kroger Stocker Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Stockers at Kroger perform various functions to ensure great customer relationship and satisfaction.
The job description below gives example of the kind of duties, objectives, tasks, and responsibilities commonly assigned to stockers at Kroger.
- Ensure a great shopping environment and satisfaction for customers, as well as pleasant and safe working environment for staff by demonstrating teamwork
- Ensure friendly and efficient service to customers by demonstrating patience, sincerity, and respect in all interactions with customers and appreciate them with a “Thank you” for their business
- Meet and greet customers with a friendly attitude anywhere in the store, assisting them in every way, including carrying out price checks, escorting them to product locations, helping them to get items that are out of reach, and loading or unloading heavy items
- Provide prompt answers to customers’ questions and requests and communicate effectively with them
- Follow Kroger guidelines in operating equipment such as box cutter, pallet jack, forklift, broom, and mop
- Build and maintain displays and ensure aisles are stocked
- Apply the right case cutting techniques in cutting and sorting Grocery stock loads, and ensure products are handled carefully to prevent damage
- Place product correctly; face and rotate product; and work display to shelf items
- Perform stock sorting by aisle, load it in a stable manner onto pallets or carts, and them transfer it to the right aisle
- Ensure production counts based on pallets or/and cases; provide help with ordering by the Grocery department
- Perform clean up duties on the sales floor or backroom, including cleaning up of spills, picking up and compacting cardboard pallets/stacks, disposing of used razor blades, and storing overstock
- Ensure individual assignment card is maintained to document production rate, fixed activities, and record piece count
- Provide assistance to cashiers on product replacement and price checks
- Help with casher duties such as scanning and processing orders of customers, processing coupons and tender, adhering to Front End procedures on scanning, and delivering of excellent customer service
- Perform call duties, including answering phone calls to the department and providing the needed assistance to callers
- Adhere to Kroger, local, state, and federal health code regulations in complying with all sanitary, safety, and food safety procedures/guidelines/regulations and programs.
Requirements – Abilities, Knowledge, and Skills – for Kroger Stocker Role
If you are seeking the job of a stocker at Kroger, you will need to possess certain qualities, skills, abilities, knowledge, etc. to prove to the recruiter that you can successfully perform the purpose, obligation, and objective of the role.
The common requirements employers set for the Kroger stocker position that you must fulfil if you are applying for the role is shown below:
- Strong and effective customer service and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast paced environment
- Possess friendly, outgoing, and approachable attitude, and ability to work in a team environment
- Possess outstanding decision making skills/sound judgement
- Possess basic math skills, such as addition, subtraction, and counting
- Possess High School Diploma or its equivalent educational level
- Strong ability to perform physical activities frequently, such as reaching, bending, turning, squatting, pulling/pushing items 300 to 2500 lbs., standing, walking, and carrying/ lifting items 10 to 25 lbs.
- Strong ability to climb and run, and work above floor level occasionally
- Strong ability to handle all backroom and ordering equipment, including safety cutter and box baler
- Strong ability to heed to instruction and coaching related to work habit, attitude, and performance from the supervisor.
If you are seeking a career with Kroger as a stocker, or are just interested in learning about the duties and responsibilities of the role, the sample job description and other content provided in this article will be helpful to you.
You will be able to learn what Kroger stockers do and what recruiters require from applicants for them to be hired for the position.
Having this information will help you to better prepare for the job and career at Kroger.
Did this post help improve your knowledge of the duties and responsibilities of the stocker at Kroger? Please, leave a comment in the box below. You can also share your job description if you work as a stocker at Kroger.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.