Kroger Bakery Clerk Job Description, Duties, and Responsibilities
What Does a Kroger Bakery Clerk Do?
The Kroger bakery clerk is responsible for providing outstanding service and experience to customers by assisting them with bakery products and services.
His/her job description entails processing special orders and maintaining cleanliness and appearance of store bakery cases and ensures they are stocked.
It also involves duties such as preparing and baking goods such as cakes, breads, rolls, pies, and muffins, as well as packaging, merchandising, and pricing responsibilities.
The role of the bakery clerk at Kroger involves adhering to and displaying the company’s core values in the course of his/her work, including honesty, respect, safety of others, diversity, inclusion, and respect.
He/she provides prompt and friendly service to customers, assisting them in locating products and answering their questions; he/she also performs the obligation of placing special orders.
The task of ensuring cleanliness of bakery work area, aisles, and storage area, as well as equipment for safety is also saddled on the clerk.
He/she keeps floors free of spills, cleans the products and shelves, and sweeps floor and remove hazardous debris from it.
He/she is expected to ensure that sanitary bakery area and equipment are kept clean and safe for everyone.
The Kroger bakery clerk work description also include ensuring accurate pricing, tagging, filling, facing, and stocking of products.
It also involves assessing the rotation of all bakery products, ensuring that expired, spoiled or outdated products are promptly removed and discarded.
It is also the bakery clerk’s duty to receive, assess, and ensure products meet required temperature, quality, and shipment standards before logging.
Kroger Bakery Clerk Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Bakery clerks at Kroger perform various functions with the objective to provide outstanding service to customers.
The major duties, tasks, obligations, and responsibilities typically performed by bakery clerks at Kroger are shown in the job description example below:
- Encourage respect and trust between associates working together
- Perform assigned tasks in a professional manner and with a positive attitude always
- Present the company in positive light by speaking highly of it in the presence of other employees and customers
- Provide answers to customers’ questions about products sold within the department as well as across the entire store in a way that makes them feel welcomed and appreciated
- Gain current knowledge of products sold in the bakery department so as to be able to provide correct and useful answers and suggestions to customers about products
- Prepare orders from customers and operate register
- Apply the right deli equipment in slicing deli meats and cheese according to customers’ requests
- Apply the right bakery equipment in preparing deli/ bistro/ bakery/ to customers’ requests
- Provide customers with product samples to enable find new products or items that they are interested in
- Bring to customers awareness of deli/ bistro/ bakery specials they may be interested in
- Make recommendation of deli/ bistro/ bakery products to customers to enable them find the right products that they are looking for
- Ensure all equipment, including refrigerators, slicers, freezers, fryer, ovens, and scales are used in deli/ bistro/ bakery in accordance with company guidelines
- Adhere to the local Health Department procedures in washing and sanitizing cookware
- Perform sweeping and mopping of floors
- Perform preparation, packaging, labelling, and inventory of ingredients accurately in merchandise
- Ensure products for sale are fresh and of top quality; check “sell by” dates to ensure it’s appropriate or make necessary corrections if needed
- Perform stocking and inventory of department merchandise
- Observe discrepancies in product ordering/shipment process and report promptly to the department manager
- Be updated on current and future, as well as special and seasonal ads
- Carry out functions in accordance with all food safety guidelines and regulations
- Perform duties in conformity with policies and procedures guiding sanitation, logs, temperature, shrink, product rotation, and product dating
- Promote company safety programs by adhering to safety procedures when performing duties; discover unsafe conditions at work environment and report quickly to store management
- Adhere to company preventive maintenance culture by regularly inspecting equipment thoroughly and reporting any fault or part that needs to be repaired or replaced promptly to the store manager
- Promptly report an accident involving a customer or employee to management
- Move trash to the dumpster
- Promptly report all illegal activities, safety risks, and all similar issues, including fraud, theft, and robbery to store management
- Provide support to all company initiatives and programs to ensure the success of the department and store.
Kroger Bakery Clerk Requirements – Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge Needed to Succeed
If you are seeking the job of bakery clerk at Kroger, there are certain requirements you will need to meet to be offered an interview appointment.
Shown below are common skills, abilities, knowledge, and experience that you may have to possess to assure recruiters that you can effectively perform the purpose, objectives, and obligations of the Kroger bakery clerk role and stand a chance of being hired:
- Strong ability to work under stressful condition and remain unruffled
- Possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Possess good knowledge of basic math, including ability to perform counting, subtraction, and addition quickly and correctly
- Strong relationship skills to relate effectively in a courteous and professional manner with customers, colleagues, supervisors, vendors, and store management, and other people they might come in contact with in the course of work
- Must be 18 year old or more
- Possess excellent customer service skills to ensure customer are well satisfied with service provided before leaving the store
- Prior working experience involving food handling
- Strong ability to perform tasks speedily and accurately.
If you are seeking to work at Kroger as a bakery clerk, the sample job description and other information provided in this post will improve your knowledge about the career and help you discover what recruiters’ requirements are for the position so you can better prepare for it.
You can also use the information in this article to create a good description for the bakery clerk job in your company if you are an employer or HR manager looking to hire for the role.
Did this post improve your knowledge of what Kroger bakery clerks do? Please, leave a comment in the box below. You may also share your job description if you work at Kroger’ bakery department as a clerk.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.