This post provides exhaustive information on the Kroger e-commerce clerk job description, to help you understand the work that they do.
It highlights the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that majorly constitute the work description of a Kroger e-commerce clerk.
It also presents the major requirements that individuals seeking the job of an e-commerce clerk at Kroger or similar companies may be expected to fulfill to be considered for hiring.
Please, read on:
What Does a Kroger E-commerce Clerk Do?
The Kroger e-commerce clerk selects and gathers all products for the online orders of customers in the most efficient manner, paying attention to the quality and freshness of the products.
They are responsible for assembling the online orders of all customers and processing payments, and also loading and delivering orders to cars for pickup by the customers at the store.
E-commerce clerks at Kroger offer a positive customer service experience, which makes their customers want to return again for on-line shopping.
They show the company’s core values of respect, integrity, honesty, diversity, and safety and inclusion.
They start and complete the selection process for the orders made by the company’s customers in the online space.
Kroger E-commerce Clerk Job Description Example/Sample/Template
The Kroger e-commerce clerk job description entails several roles, tasks, duties, and responsibilities, here are the major ones:
- Meets and exceeds the expectations of customers for easy shopping, freshness, variety, and cleanliness
- Adheres to federal, state and local laws, company guidelines and food safety procedures
- Receives the orders from the customers from Order Selector according to the guidelines of the company, and stores products in optimal temperature zones
- Initiates and completes the selection process for the online orders of customers
- Ensures the freshness and quality of all chosen items
- Uses a portable phone to communicate with customers and responds to their calls in a professional and timely manner
- Retrieves the orders of each customer from all staging locations and ensures the accuracy of the orders. Also loads orders into the cars of the customers
- Processes all orders through the POS (point of sale) system
- Follows the procedures and policies to determine the appropriate substitutions in the event where a product is out-of-stock
- Scans and bags all orders on the go while following all bagging standards
- Communicates if there are any exceptions or substitutions to customer’s order at the time of pick-up
- Maintains the cleanliness and organization of equipment and staging areas
- Gives feedback about the pricing, scanning, discrepancies in location of items, scanning, and invalid temperature types to the store e-Commerce supervisor
- Inspects the company’s equipment and notifies the store e-Commerce supervisor of the items which need to be repaired
- Performs opening and closing procedures required
- Learns and adapts to new and improved processes
- Aids in the training of new e-Commerce team members
- Meets and exceeds the standards of productivity
- Performs the essential job functions of this position even without reasonable accommodation.
Kroger E-commerce Clerk Job Description for Resume
If you are making a new resume or CV as one who is currently working as an e-commerce clerk with Kroger or have worked before in that role, you can make a convincing Professional Experience section for the resume/CV by applying the Kroger e-commerce clerk job description sample shown above.
With a Professional Experience section in your resume that highlights some of the major duties and responsibilities that you have performed as an e-commerce clerk with Kroger, you will be more effective in convincing the recruiter/employer to hire you because it shows that you have been effective performing the job of an e-commerce clerk.
This will brighten your chances of getting the job, especially if the new position that you are seeking requires the successful candidate to have some e-commerce clerk work experience.
Kroger E-commerce Clerk Requirements
If you are seeking the job of an e-commerce clerk with Kroger or any other similar retailer, there are certain requirements, including skills, knowledge, and abilities, that you will be expected to have to be hired.
The successful candidate for the e-commerce clerk position is expected to have those skills, abilities, knowledge, etc. to improve their chances of succeeding on the job.
The Kroger e-commerce clerk job requirements include:
- A basic skill in math (like counting, subtraction and addition)
- Should possess excellent oral/written communication skills
- Must possess the ability to carry out tasks without any supervision
- Must be able to read shelf tags
- Prior experience in a warehouse or production oriented environment, stocking shelves or as a cashier.
This post is beneficial to individuals looking to find employment at Kroger or similar companies as an e-commerce clerk.
They will be able to learn all they need to know about the duties, tasks, and responsibilities commonly performed by e-commerce clerks at Kroger.
This will help them to make the best career decision concerning whether to go ahead with the e-commerce clerk career or not.
It is also useful to employers/recruiters needing to find and hire the best people for the e-commerce clerk role in their companies.
They can create a detailed description of the e-commerce clerk job that they want to fill for use in the recruitment process by using the sample Kroger e-commerce clerk job description example provided above on this page.