Insurance Account Manager Job Description Example
What Does an Insurance Account Manager Do?
The insurance account manager can be referred to as the go-between for independent financial advisers and insurance brokers.
These are professionals that use their knowledge in insurance and personal charm to improve on relationship between independent financial advisers and insurance brokers.
The job description of insurance account managers is focused on one goal, and this is to promote insurance products of their companies to the right set of people.
They are saddled with the responsibility of promoting new insurance-related products the company has.
Aside this, they are also required to maintain the reputation already gained by all existing insurance products of the organization.
The role of insurance account managers also involves making important business promotion calls to clients.
They are equally required to organize meetings with clients. They are also saddled with the responsibility of seeing to recommendation of the company’s products by the financial adviser and brokers.
They are expected to possess encyclopedic kind of knowledge regarding the products of the company.
They are equally expected to fully understand the needs of their clients. This way, they can see to the pitching of the right products in their appropriate places.
The insurance account manager needs to be well informed about Financial Conduct Authority legislation modifications, industry development, and market trend.
Working time for these managers varies from one organization to another; some companies insist on evening and weekend additional working hours. The needs of the employee determine the working hours the account manager is required to put in.
Most of the account manager’s functions are carried out in office environment, but there may be need to work outside the office environment sometimes. They may also travel out of the country to handle certain duties.
Insurance account managers can be employed by small or large insurance companies.
Good knowledge and experience of insurance will boost the chances of the individual looking for employment as an insurance account manager and also getting promoted.
His/her work description also entails obtaining referrals from existing clients of the organization to shore up the fortune of the company and its new and existing insurance products.
He/she is required to produce quotes for the company’s products. Additionally, he/she is saddled with the responsibility of resolving issues presented by clients.
The account manager in charge of insurance should ensure laid down business procedures are adhered to every time.
The insurance account manager will have to carry out his/her operations in paperless environment, which means computer skills are essential to utmost performance.
He/she must equally possess strategic thinking ability and analytical skills.
Insurance Account Manager Job Description Example
Here is an insurance account manager job description example, showing typical responsibilities, tasks, and duties you will be expected to perform working in that role:
- Make information on company policies, revision of regulations, and various updates that are contributory, as well as on clients’ progress available
- Audit accounts and update them in agreement with producers and clients of the organization
- Maintain and update contact lists, databases and files of both clients and the organization
- Grow, manage, and review portfolio of accounts assigned
- Deal with forms and paperwork by sending, receiving, and filling them appropriately
- Organize meetings with new and existing clients
- Provide helpful advice to the company on new product ideas and improving existing products
- Set up handling terms for any claim brought up by clients
- Provide all support required by contact centers for all company’s new policies
- Ensure the company’s insurance team is able to meet standards laid out by the Financial Services Authority
- Carry other members of the account management team along
- Act as go-between for the organization and the account management team of the insurance company
- Create the all important business bridge between the company and clients
- Network with other insurance companies on behalf of the organization to foster better business development.
Insurance Account Manager Resume Preparation
You will need to present a resume to employers if you looking to get a new job as insurance account manager.
To help you prepare one, the sample job description provided above contains suitable information you need to make the work history part of the resume, which shows the employer that you have the experience to excel on the job.
Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities – for Insurance Account Manager Job
The following abilities, knowledge, and skills are usually required by employers from applicants vying for the position of insurance account manager because it is believed that they will perform better on the job if they have them:
- Possess appropriate certificates, like certificate in insurance, diploma in insurance, advanced diploma in insurance, or certificate in regulated general insurance
- Ability to gather necessary information for the development of new products and maintenance of existing ones
- Ability to easily analyze information gathered towards achieving the aims and objectives of the company
- Possess unquestionable honesty
- Possess top notch organizational skills
- Possess excellent attention to detail
- Possess passion and motivation for sales
- Ability to contracts large budgets towards improving on company’s prospects.
Insurance Account Manager Skills for Resume
The above skills needed to succeed working as an account manager in insurance firms can also be used in making the skills section of a resume for the role so that employers will be satisfied that you have the qualities needed to do the job effective.
However, make sure you actually have the skills and other qualities before stating them in your resume; otherwise you will be giving false information to the employer, which may harm your job search.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.