This post provides detailed information on the job description of a human resource assistant, including the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities they commonly perform.
What Does a Human Resource Assistant Do?
The human resource assistant is a staff of a company who gives a helping hand in the daily operation of the human resource department by administering specific tests, scheduling appointments, and performing other administrative tasks.
The job description of the human resource assistant entails vetting and examining the skills and competency of potential workers to ensure that they are qualified and eligible for the job in question.
Highly knowledgeable in human resources, the assistant presents appropriate tests and tasks designed to evaluate the knowledge and skill of applicants as a way of filtering qualified applicants from unqualified ones.
A good instructor and teacher, he/she teaches new employees during orientation, intimating them with the acceptable standards of behavior and the work ethics of the establishment to keep them informed.
Other duties they perform include collecting all employee information and compiling them for company use of employee database in the formulation of policies, benefits, and development.
He/she respects the privacy of employees, and as such, keeps all employee information private and confidential and only uses them for official activities.
Understanding the importance of good human relations in the work environment, the human resource assistant fosters good relationship between employers and employees and within employees themselves, and serves as a mediator in the resolution of conflicts that may arise.
He/she uses his/her expertise to advocate for good working conditions for employees by ensuring that they are well taken care of and enjoy good remuneration and benefits for services rendered.
He/she is responsible for organizing human relations training for employees to inculcate in them good interpersonal and customer relations skills, high productivity and efficiency skills.
Human resource assistants understand that the human force is the most important force in an organization, and as such, create an employee oriented and high performance culture amongst staff which propels them to not only do their job, but put in their best to achieve the best results obtainable.
Human Resource Assistant Job Description Sample/Example/Template
The duties, tasks, and responsibilities of most human resource assistants are shown in the sample job description below:
- Receive and respond to customer and management inquiries involving job application, status and processes.
- Analyze applicants’ applications, credentials and qualifications for job.
- Evaluate issues of personal matters and concerns on company policies as related to human resources.
- Carryout administrative functions such as recording and filing applicants’ documents.
- Collect employee information for company research.
- Interview new staff to know their strengths and areas of specialization.
- Contribute in the implementation of company policies and programs.
- Guarantee employee safety and welfare.
- Partake in formulating departmental goals and objectives to improve on standards and increase productivity.
- Attend administrative meetings and other events to present a good image of the company.
- Update employee database regularly to meet up with changes in their status.
- Dully process hiring and termination of employees in company benefit plans.
To preparing a resume for the post: the job description example above has necessary information for creating the job history section and other parts of a resume for the position of human resource assistant.
Human Resource Assistant Requirements: Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
The skills, knowledge and other qualities usually expected of human resource assistants include the following:
- Have knowledge of human relations.
- Have good computer skills.
- Showcase good written and oral communication.
- Have good interpersonal skills.
- Have good organizational skills.