Hotel Storekeeper Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post provides exhaustive information of the job description of a hotel storekeeper, to help you learn what they do.
It shows the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that commonly make up the hotel storekeeper work description in most organizations.
This article also presents the major requirements most recruiters commonly expect candidates applying for the hotel storekeeper position to have to be considered for hiring.
Please, continue reading to increase your knowledge of the hotel storekeeper career:
What Does a Hotel Storekeeper Do?
The hotel storekeeper is primarily responsible for receiving, storing, and issuing supplies and equipment for the daily hotel operations.
They work closely with the purchasing department, maintain hotel stores, conduct weekly inventories of consumables, chemicals, equipment, uniforms, etc.
The hotel storekeeper job description also involves making requests for supplies, receiving deliveries, and ensuring cleanliness of all work areas.
It also entails keeping storage and receiving areas clean and tidy, and enforcing all company standards and procedures.
Hotel storekeepers are responsible for performing inventory audits to determine inventory levels and needs and also carrying out physical stock audits on a regular basis.
They are also responsible for keeping inventory and stock records, as well as compiling records of expenditures/consumptions periodically.
They are responsible for receiving and dispatching all goods and deliveries in and out of the hotel to the appropriate point of contact/storage area following standards for issuing/ receiving stock within the store’s area of operation.
Also, when issuing items from the store, they ensure store requisition form is signed by the person collecting the goods and entering into the Inventory/Materials Management System.
The hotel storekeeper work description also involves verifying that all supplies and goods received are listed on requisitions/orders and invoices, guaranteeing that the goods arrived as per the agreed purchase, delivery note, and agreed on quantity and filing them in the appropriate folder.
In a situation where deviations are found, hotel storekeepers are responsible for rejecting damaged, unacceptable, or incorrect items and following-up on the return process.
They are also responsible for the update of the Materials Management System/Inventory Management System, ensuring to post all invoices and requisitions.
Hotel Storekeeper Job Description Example/Sample/Template
The hotel storekeeper is primarily responsible for receiving, dating, and storing, and maintaining rotation of goods.
They pull requisitions, decant, palletize, and retrieve products, equipment, uniforms, etc. and deliver to units as required.
The core tasks, duties, and responsibilities that commonly make up the hotel storekeeper job description are listed below:
- Collect procured merchandise, mark appropriately for placement in facility, and deliver them to the appropriate department
- Responsible for piling received merchandise on pallets or carts
- In charge of storing food, beverage, and operational stock
- Perform daily check on the storage facilities for upkeep and hygiene
- Responsible for completing requisition forms for inventory and supplies
- Report low stock levels to manager/supervisor promptly
- Perform inspection on deliveries to confirm quality, cleanliness, and freshness, and consistency throughout case lots
- Follow food safety and handling policies and procedures across all food-related areas
- Responsible for the sanitation of all refrigerators and freezers, floors, food equipment, and drains in storage areas
- Properly place trash, empty cardboard, and pallets in storage areas
- Notify the manager of accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions
- Follow all company policies and procedures in the discharge of duties
- Responsible for upholding the confidentiality of proprietary information as well as protect the Hotel’s assets
- Adhere to quality assurance expectations and standards.
Hotel Storekeeper Job Description for Resume
If you have worked before as a hotel storekeeper or are currently handling that position and are writing a resume for a job where work experience of the role is important, you can apply the sample hotel storekeeper job description provided above in making the professional experience section of the resume.
You can apply the hotel storekeeper duties and responsibilities in the job description example above in highlighting the functions you performed or are performing in the role in your resume’s work or professional experience section.
Hotel Storekeeper Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
If you are seeking the job of a hotel storekeeper, the following are important requirements most recruiters may expect you to meet to be hired:
- Education: Applicants for the hotel storekeeper role are required to have a degree in Hotel Management or in a related field
- Certification: He/she should have forklift certification
- Knowledge: It is important that they have basic understanding of inventory and cost control practices and familiarity with Fidelio MMS, Crunch-time, or similar systems. Also, employers are interested in individuals with practical experience in a similar role and can operate a forklift
- Communication skills: It is essential that they have verbal and written communication skills to speak to guests and colleagues in a clear, appropriate, and professional language
- Flexibility: They work in a 24/7 environment, so it is vital that they are willing to work a flexible schedule which may include nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime
- Physical demand: They must be energetic, able to carry objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds, and fit to perform activities requiring them to reach, bend, twist, pull, and stoop; grasp, turn, and manipulate objects; move up and down stairs; and stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
Hotel Storekeeper Salary
The hotel storekeeper job is in the same category as a storekeeper, and according to information on Glassdoor, the average annual salary for a storekeeper per annum is $51,494 in the United States.
To hire a hotel storekeeper, recruiters need to publish the job description for interested individuals to respond to.
They can create the job description that perfectly matches the hotel storekeeper role in their organization by applying the detailed sample published in this post.
The information on this page is also helpful to individuals interested in the hotel storekeeper career and desire to learn all they can about the duties and responsibilities associated with the role.