Verizon Communication Hiring Process: Job Application, Interviews, and Employment
The hiring process at Verizon Communication consists of various stages, including the job application and interview, and other stages you will have to successfully complete to be hired by the Company.
This post provides exhaustive information on the recruitment process at Verizon Communication, to help your quest of gaining employment at the company easier.
Please, continue reading:
Verizon Communication Company Overview
Verizon Communications Inc. is a United States multinational telecommunications holding company based in New York City, but was incorporated in Delaware.
It has subsidiaries which are also renowned entities doing business and thriving within the same industry.
The history of Verizon Communications can be traced back to 1984 when the department of justice in America instructed AT&T Corporation to break up the Bell System and share itself into seven companies.
Currently, this company contributes a lot within the United States and in other parts of the world by providing telecommunication-related products and services to individuals and even organizations.
The Verizon Communications Hiring Process
Numerous persons have successfully secured a job at Verizon after undergoing the hiring process of the company.
Are you seeking for a job, here are what to expect in the Verizon communication recruitment process:
1. Job Application Process
Verizon Communications usually provides a list of available jobs on their careers site.
An applicant is expected to visit the careers portal, search for His/her preferred position and then apply for it.
The moment you have seen the role that interests you, the company offers several ways in which you can complete the job application.
You can make use of your social profile, a file upload or cloud option. This is the first step to take in the hiring process.
Once you have submitted you application, an email will be sent to you to confirm the process.
2. Interview Process
A few weeks after your application has been found suitable for the job, Verizon Communications will schedule an in-person interview.
But before you can be interviewed in person, one of the HR team members will interview you over the phone for about 30 minutes.
The phone interview typically involves questions regarding your resume and former work experience.
If you can impress the interviewer in this phone screening, then expect an invitation to meet with the location hiring manager or a panel of Human Resources personnel for a strict interview.
Moreover, Verizon doesn’t want to hire an employee who is an amateur at the job. Hence, your knowledge of the role you are applying for will be assessed thoroughly during the interview.
Whenever you answer a questions, the interviewer(s) may demand you to elaborate or present a pertaining scenario.
A few weeks before your interview commences, you would have gotten an invitation for it already.
One of the reasons why candidates are informed about their interview long before it is conducted is for them to be well prepared for that day.
Here are helpful tips to help you answer the Verizon Communication interview questions correctly:
- Make sure you do your research about Verizon Communication. Get familiar with the company’s goal and how they prioritize customers. Knowing significant things about the company can help thrill your interviewer(s).
- Give genuine examples of how you have exhibited your skill in resolving an issue at your previous workplace.
- The day before your interview, avoid being stressed out. Ensure you sleep well and have adequate rest.
- During the interview, make sure your phone is switched off, or turn off notifications.
- It is a typical thing to be nervous. But if you are well-prepared, then there is nothing to worry about.
3. What is the Duration of the Verizon Communication Hiring Process?
Every candidate is usually keen to hear back from Verizon Communication after an interview.
There is no specific time to get a response from the company, but the Human Resources department always ensure that an applicant gets a message in due time after he/she has been interviewed.
Whether you would be employed or not, Verizon thinks it’s ideal for you to know the outcome of the interview.
4. Orientation Process
The moment Verizon Communication offers you an employment, you will be demanded to join other new hires for an orientation program.
The orientation program is what prepares the new staffs to work at the company. Participants of the program would be educated about the culture practiced at Verizon.
Special senior executives or maybe supervisors will be assigned to teach new workers how to perform certain work duties relating to your role.
Furthermore, based on your position, you may need to network with some other staffs and also familiarize yourself with the work environment.
The orientation process doesn’t last more than a week, after which you will start working at Verizon properly.
Verizon Communication Jobs and Careers
Here are common positions to apply for at Verizon:
- Sales associate: This role majorly performs customer service duties. The employee is responsible for welcoming patrons, attending to the needs of customer, and fitting shoppers with personalized devices and services.
- Customer service representative: This employee works in Verizon call center, offering troubleshooting to patrons and using general knowledge of product and services to resolve customers’ issues. Customer service representatives are to be patient, since the job can be stressful and provoking sometimes.
- Distinguish data scientist: This employee is mainly responsible for promoting AI/ML within the company. He/she serves a representative of Verizon Communications on AI/ML and in interacting with industry leaders and leading researchers. This employee supervises the design, deployment, and design of AI solutions that increases the growth of Verizon Communications and ensures a better customer experience as well.
- Network engineering and operations supervisor: This employee is mainly responsible for overseeing the stability of the largest and reliable 4G network across the country. He/she offers technical assistance and communicates technical data and status to the customer service departments, management teams, as well as the technical support organizations.
- Development manager: This position is responsible for supervising a team of various developers, such as full-stack big data and web developers and machine learning data/engineering scientist. He/she identifies errors in providing direction in the development and maintenance of applications, platforms, and services.
What to Expect Working at Verizon Communication
Verizon Communications is a great employer to work for. The company cares about the wellbeing of staffs, which is the reason they normally offer excellent benefits and a convenient working environment.
As a worker at the Verizon Communication, you will experience a great work life balance and advancement in your career.
The management is transparent about any new change within the company, and a good communication culture exists among co-workers.
Moreover, Verizon makes sure employees receive an amazing pay that suits their role in the company.
However, incentives and salary increment are rarely given.
As someone who desires to work at Verizon Communication, begin by applying for the job, which will give you an entry into the company’s hiring process.
This article has offered detailed information about the job application and what to expect in the recruitment process at Verizon Communication.
Discover the kind of test you may be expected to take to be hired at Verizon Communication; find lots of practice tests to prepare with: Job Assessment Tests.