Construction Site Storekeeper Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post provides exhaustive information on the job description of a construction site storekeeper to help you learn what they do.
It highlights the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that commonly make up the construction site storekeeper work description in most companies.
It also presents the major requirements by recruiters/employers for anyone seeking the construction site storekeeper role to meet to be hired.
Please, read on to improve your knowledge of the construction site storekeeper career:
What Does a Construction Site Storekeeper Do?
A construction site storekeeper is responsible for ensuring the maintenance of stocks, operation of an accounting system, maintenance of inventory records, preparation of material orders, and receiving, reviewing, and storing of supplies disbursed on job orders and material transfers.
In other words, the construction site storekeeper job description entails overseeing and managing the construction site and ensuring that the tools, equipment, and several other materials that are used in the construction project are safe, secure, well-maintained, and well-managed.
The construction site storekeeper is an organized and detail-oriented individual who plays a crucial role in ensuring the proper care, maintenance, and management of all the stocks and equipment of the construction site, including ordering, receiving, and managing inventory.
In carrying out his/her duties of ensuring that all the tools and equipment that are utilized in a construction project are safe and secure, the storekeeper is expected to oversee all the work activities of workers and/or laborers, contractors, subcontractors, vendors, and several other personnel related to the construction site, as this will help to improve regular performance reviews.
He/she may also have the responsibility of helping the construction project to meet its financial objectives, which may involve carrying out tasks like drawing up budgets, analyzing expenditures, evaluating the amount of merchandise delivered versus the amount of merchandise used, and so on.
A construction site storekeeper must also ensure that he/she efficiently and effectively maintains the construction site store’s inventory which may involve executing tasks like ensuring that deliveries are made on time, monitoring inventory counts, and ensuring that they are accurate and always remains adequately stocked.
The construction site storekeeper role is best suitable for individuals who possess certain skills and qualities that are needed to enhance efficiency, effectiveness, and productivity on the job.
Some of the required skills and qualities needed for success in performing the duties and responsibilities of a construction site storekeeper include particular attention to detail, financial acumen, well-developed verbal and written communication skills, excellent management skills, good interpersonal skills, decent math skills, and good time management skills.
In terms of academic qualifications, the job role/position of a construction site storekeeper does not necessarily demand having formal education up to postsecondary degree level.
However, a minimum of High School diploma may be required by some employers. Some employers also find candidates who have several years of professional experience preferable.
Construction Site Storekeeper Salary: The average salary for a construction site storekeeper position is $39,040 annually.
Construction Site Storekeeper Job Description Sample/Example/Template
Here are major tasks, duties, and responsibilities that typically make up the construction site storekeeper job description:
- Maintaining and keeping track of receipts, records, and withdrawals of the stockroom
- Receiving, unloading, and shelving supplies
- Executing other stock-related duties which may include returning, packing, pricing, and labeling supplies
- Examining and reviewing deliveries for discrepancies and damages and reporting to necessary personnel for reimbursements and record keeping
- Cleaning construction equipment and testing them to ensure functionality
- Overseeing and/or exercising general control over all the tools and activities of the store
- Inspecting the construction site and ensuring that all tools and/or equipment are complete and in good shape
- Answering questions regarding procedures and resolving issues that may arise on receipts, deliveries, warranties, repairs, and surplus supply.
Construction Site Storekeeper Job Description for Resume
If you are making a resume or CV for a new job and have worked before as a construction site storekeeper or are presently working in that role, you should add the job experience section to your resume.
The job or work experience part of your resume or CV helps to inform the recruiter/employer that you have been successful performing the duties and responsibilities of a construction site storekeeper.
This piece of information can significantly enhance the value of your resume, especially if the new job that you are seeking requires having some construction site storekeeper work experience.
You can make a very impressive professional experience section for your resume or CV by applying the sample construction site storekeeper job description above.
Construction Site Storekeeper Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for a Successful Career
If you are seeking the job of a construction site storekeeper, here are major requirements most recruiters/employers may expect you to meet to qualify for hiring:
- The ability to pay particular attention to detail, as supervising the store of a construction site, as well as a team of workers involves many different factors
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills, since a construction site storekeeper must be able to adequately communicate with workers, supervisors, vendors, contractors, subcontractors, and so on
- Excellent management skills, since he or she is in charge of maintaining all the tools and equipment of the construction site and also ensure that they are safe and well-maintained
- Financial acumen, since a construction site storekeeper may be required to file and analyze a large number of financial documents
- Strong multitasking skills which enable him or her to handle several tasks efficiently at the same time
- Good time management skills, since construction projects must be completed within a given deadline
- Several years of professional experience in a related or relevant job field/position
- At least a High School diploma.
This post is helpful to individuals interested in the construction site storekeeper career; they will be able to learn all they need to know to know about the duties and responsibilities of the job to decide if it’s the right career to pursue.
Employers/recruiters looking to hire for the construction site storekeeper position will also find this post helpful. They can apply the job description sample provided on this page in making one for the vacant construction site storekeeper position in their company.
Best Health and Safety Certification Courses
If you are in or seeking a job in a field where
health and safety at workplace is a concern, like the construction industry, then you will need to complete a relevant course or two to gain the required knowledge and meet the OSHA requirements or other requirements.
>> OSHA 30 Hour Construction Industry Outreach Training Course
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.