Digital Marketing Careers: 10 Highest Paying Jobs and Salaries
This post provides exhaustive information on the digital marketing careers and the highest paying jobs you can apply to (with their salaries) if you are looking at the prospect of working in digital marketing.
Please continue reading to learn more about the highest paying digital marketing jobs, including their salaries:
Digital marketing careers involve developing strategy used in marketing a company’s product online, making use of such methods in the field as social media, search engine optimization, web analytics, e-mail marketing, etc.
Those concerned may put together different online promotions and e-mailing campaigns to get their company’s message out, and also perform consumer research to discover other ways of getting to customers through the internet.
10 Highest Paying Digital Marketing Jobs
The digital marketing career field covers several high paying jobs, which include the following:
- Mobile Marketing Specialist
- Brand Manager
- Email Marketer
- Professional Blogger
- Online Content Developer
- Search Expert
- Social Media Marketer
- Web Designer
- Search Engine Optimization Specialist
- Business Analytics Specialist
1. Mobile Marketing Specialist
The mobile marketing specialist job involves promoting goods, services, and brands on mobile digital devices like smartphones, tablets, and cell phones.
The commonest kinds of mobile marketing are wireless application protocol (WAP), search engine marketing, short message service (SMS), and multimedia message service (MMS).
Mobile Marketing Specialist Duties and Responsibilities
The mobile marketing specialist job description usually includes the following duties and responsibilities:
- Interacting with external vendors to execute promotional campaigns and events
- Assisting in outbound or inbound mobile marketing activities
- Conducting mobile market research to find answers about consumer requirements, habits and trends
- Cooperating with mobile marketing and other professionals to manage brand awareness and marketing efforts
- Undertaking individual tasks of a mobile marketing plan as assigned
- Assisting to analyze mobile marketing data like traffic, conversion rates, campaign results, and more, to help shape the future mobile marketing strategies
- Planning and executing initiatives to reach the target audience via appropriate channels like TV, e-mail, media, and more.
Mobile Marketing Specialist Skills
To be hired and succeed on the job and career, here are major skills a mobile marketing specialist should have:
- Well-organized and detail oriented
- Strong computer skills
- Exceptional communication and writing skills
- Ability to design and develop, and implement cross platform marketing campaigns.
Qualification, Experience, and Certifications
Here are major qualification, experience, and certifications commonly required by recruiters:
- BSc/BA in marketing, communications or equivalent
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS and web development tools like Dreamweaver
- Demonstrable experience in marketing or similar role
- Commercial awareness and a creative mind
- Proven experience in marketing data analytics and tools
- Thorough understanding of marketing elements
Mobile Marketing Specialist Salary
A mobile marketing specialist may earns from $100,000 to $120,000 annually in New York City, or $110,000 to $130,000 in San Jose, California, while $90,000 to $105,000 is the national average salary range for this position.
Future Job Outlook for Mobile Marketing Specialists
According to the recent business insider report, mobile is growing at a fast speed both in monetization and terms of usage. Because consumers now spend more time using mobile apps than desktop computers, mobile is the top digital ad category for growth with an amazing 42.6 percent.
Everything is now going mobile, from mobile websites to mobile payments, and modern phones have completely changed the world, with a particularly interesting future for digital marketers.
2. Brand Manager
A brand manager adapts a brand strategy for a company’s target market. They maintain brand integrity across all company marketing communications and initiatives, and may handle a portfolio of products.
Brand Manager Duties and Responsibilities
The brand manager job description commonly entails the following duties and responsibilities:
- Brand strategy like brand guidelines, the setting of style guides, and brand vision and value proposition for short and long term
- Helping with product development, pricing and new product launches, as well as developing new business opportunities
- Planning and execution of all communications and media actions on all channels, plus online and social media
- Making analysis of sales forecasts and related financials and reporting on product sales
- Making competitor and customer insights analysis.
Brand Manager Qualifications, Experience, and Skills
To be hired as a brand manager, you need to have the following skills, qualifications, and experience:
- A degree in any of Business, Advertising, Economics, Engineering, Or Marketing
- Must be fluent in English
- Have a post-graduate qualification or MBA
- Relevant work experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Relationship management skills
- Analytical skills
- A strong focus on results
- Determination and perseverance
- A high degree of business acumen
Brand Manager Salary
The median salary for senior brand managers as provided by LinkedIn data includes $140,000 annually. The media salary of a brand manager according to LinkedIn is $88,000 annually, ranging from $48,000 to $148,000.
According to Glassdoor’s data, an average salary of a typical brand manager is $96,169 annually and $114,552 for senior brand managers.
Glassdoor also provided data on assistant brand managers’ salary as $79,480 annually, while associate brand managers earn an average salary of $90,039 per year.
Future Job Outlook for Brand Managers
There is currently a strong demand for brand managers, and they can progress to marketing manager or marketing director positions.
Those with FMCG experience are highly needed for the position.
3. Email Marketer
Email marketers specialize in creating and implementing email marketing campaigns designed to increase an organization’s customer base.
Email Marketer Duties and Responsibilities
The email marketer job description consists of the following duties and responsibilities:
- Overseeing all aspects of email marketing campaigns
- Managing distribution lists and integration with an organization’s service provider
- Designing emails utilizing HTML or templates
- Analyzing performance metrics like click-through and open rates
- Carrying out segmentation of the database and implementing remarketing strategies
- A/B Testing on various email campaigns
- MVT Testing on email marketing campaigns
- Tracking and reporting on email campaigns.
Email Marketer Qualification, Experience, and Skills
You will need to have the following skills, experience, and qualifications to be hired for the email marketer job:
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or in a related field
- Previous email marketing experience within a similar industry is required
- Analytical skills and ability to translate complex data into actionable and profitable marketing plans
- Excellent written communication and copywriting skills
- Good technical skills and ability
- Outstanding problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to details.
Email Marketer Salary
The median salary of an email marketer stands for $64,880 per year according to PayScale.
Future Job Outlook for Email Marketers
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reported a 10 percent projected job growth for an email marketing job from 2016 to 2026.
4. Professional Blogger
Professional Bloggers are mainly responsible for conceptualizing, writing, editing, and promoting the content of a personal or corporate blog.
Professional Blogger Duties and Responsibilities
The professional blogger job description commonly consists of the following duties and responsibilities:
- Pitch ideas
- Write and edit articles
- Implement SEO
- Promote the blog
- Engage the audience.
Professional Blogger Qualification, Skills, Experience, and Certifications
There is no specific academic qualification or training required for being a professional Blogger. However, one needs to possess the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, English, or related field
- Exceptional writing, research, and communication skills
- Writing experience or knowledge of certain interests or a specific field
- Creativity and adaptability
- Strong understanding of the industry trends
- Proficiency with computers and computer applications
- SEO skills
- Email marketing skills
- Copywriting skills
- Content writing skills
- Lead generation/pitching skills
- Social media skills.
Professional Blogger Salary
The basic salary of a professional blogger is approximately $60,000. Those who are just starting out are likely to generate around $20,000 per year, while experienced professional bloggers could earn as much as $120,000 on an annual basis.
Future Job Outlook for Professional Bloggers
Blogging has come to stay. Ten years ago, professional blogging wasn’t even a career, but now new careers and businesses can be established by even casual bloggers.
Blogging can increase your career prospects and help you get a nice job. Presently, you can competently draw the attention of a target employer with a blog.
5. Online Content Developer
Online content developers are responsible for creating, developing, and editing a company’s content for diverse activities related to online marketing as well as front-end web development.
Online Content Developer Duties and Responsibilities
The online content developer job description is commonly made up of the following duties and responsibilities:
- Create, write, and manage user documentation
- Support company publications and information dissemination
- Research and collect information for departmental and company communications
- Execute internal communication processes
- Make new classes, courses and tools to update current offerings
- Coordinate with SMEs to create enablement deliverables
- Evaluate, test, and document new and upcoming product features
- Plan and assess product design and requirements documents
- Plan the best way to run corporate style guide and terminology conventions
- Carry out internal processes to create documentation and content
- Train and develop PDF of training manual
- Execute and uptake training deliverables.
Online Content Developer Qualification, Experience, Skills
To be hired as an online content developer, you need to have the following skills, experience, and qualification:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or communication and a minimum of 2-3 years experience in web related marketing and development
- Requirements differ by employers. Some employers seek graphics and copywriting experience, while others are more interested in specific software and programming experience
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficiency with content management software
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Digital communication skills
- Written and verbal skills
- Strategic thinking skills
- Analytical skills
- Good eye for detail
- Good listening skills
- Multitasking abilities.
Online Content Developer Salary
According to Job Hero, the national median salary for a fulltime Online Content Developer is $53,878. Those at the top of the scale make over $93,000, while those at the bottom of the scale make $33,000.
Also according to Studycom, Online Content Developers earn $64,970.
Freelance content developers often work on an hourly or per-project rate, but content developers may receive an annual salary.
Future Job Outlook for Online Content Developers
Employment of online content developers is expected to grow 15% from 2016 to 2026, much quicker than the average for all occupations.
Demand will be determined by the growing popularity of ecommerce and mobile devices.
6. Search Expert
Search experts plan, implement, and manage company’s overall search engine marketing campaigns and analyze the effectiveness of past and ongoing paid search campaigns with the aim of optimizing clients’ presence on Google and other search engines.
Search Expert Duties and Responsibilities
The search expert job description entails the following duties and responsibilities:
- Carrying out search engine optimization (SEO) strategies
- Interpreting web analytics
- Overseeing pay-per-click (PPC) ad campaigns
- Creating and implementing tests to achieve actionable results and improve campaign performance
- Applying appropriate analysis and optimization techniques to ensure that campaigns deliver consistently and achieve KPIs, goals, and objectives
- Exploring and capturing data to support reporting, analysis, testing, optimizations, and forecasting
- Discovering search trends and opportunities to improve campaign performance
- Ensuring platform conversion and remarketing pixels are placed properly and are tracking correctly.
Search Expert Qualifications, Experience, and Skills
If you are seeking the job of a search expert, here are major qualifications, experience, and skills to have:
- 4 year college degree
- Relevant work experience required
- Up to 2 years of experience in paid search engine marketing, agency experience preferred (Google AdWords and Microsoft adCenter)
- Experience with knowledge of advanced PPC: dynamic search, product listing ads, landing page testing and optimization
- Exceptional oral, written, presentation, and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an eagerness to work as a member of a team
- Well-built data analytics and strategy background
- Ability to show strong cross-functional teamwork through interacting with people at all levels of an organization
- Expertise in Microsoft Office, particularly – Excel and PowerPoint.
Search Expert Salary
The annual salary for a search expert stands for $50,000.
Future Job Outlook for Search Expert
According to BLS report, search experts job is expected to grow by 2024, making it an absolute 19% rate of growth in the near future.
7. Social Media Marketer
Social media marketing is simply a powerful way of using social media platforms and websites to promote a product or service. Examples of social media platforms include Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and Pinterest.
Social Media Marketer Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities that commonly make up the social media marketer job description include but not limited to:
- Create, curate, and manage all published content like images, video, written and audio/podcast
- Develop community and/or influencer outreach endeavors
- Expand relevant content topics to reach the company’s target customers
- Examine key metrics and pinch strategy when necessary
- Integrate with company’s overall marketing campaign plan and channels by designing, creating and managing promotions and social ad campaigns
- Watch, listen, and respond to users in a “Social” way while making leads and sales
- Oversee design such as social media graphics for Facebook cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile, Blog, etc.
- Compile reports for management showing results (ROI).
Social Media Marketer Qualifications, Experience, and Skills
To find employment as a social media marketer, you need to have the following qualifications, experience, and skills:
- Traditional marketing knowledge and experience. Marketing degree is accepted but not required with relevant work experience
- Creativity and documented immersion in social media, like giving links to profiles
- Proficient in content marketing theory and application
- Knowledge of content development and publishing, as well as experience sourcing and managing content
- Capacity to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side, able to show why their ideas are analytically sound
- Deep understanding and knowledge of social media platforms
- Ability to maintains excellent writing and language skills
- Working knowledge of the blogging ecosystem related to the company’s field
- Capacity to successfully communicate information and ideas in written and video format
- Ability to maintains sales relationships, online and off
- Superior time management skills
- Analytical skills
- Leadership and communication skills
- Writing skills
- Top of the latest digital marketing trends
- Knowledge and understanding of how content works on a social web
- Creative mindset
- Optimizing content and technology
- Strategy planning
- Community management
- Tactics and execution
- Relationship building
Social Media Marketer Salary
The salary of an entry-level social media marketing manager with less than one year experience reaches an average total compensation plus bonus, tips, and overtime pay of $40,346 based on 195 salaries.
An early career of a social media marketing manager with one to four years of experience earns an average total compensation of $47,155 based on 676 salaries.
A mid-career social media marketing manager with five to nine years of experience earns an average total compensation of $60,793 based on 281 salaries.
An experienced social media marketing manager with ten to nineteen years of experience earns an average total compensation of $68,501 based on 60 salaries. In their late career of about 20 years and higher, employees earn an average total compensation of $70,791.
Future Job Outlook for Social Media Marketers
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) predicts 10% rate of job growth for marketing managers, which include social media marketer.
8. Web Designer
The job of a web designer involves creating the look, layout, and features of a website, and understanding of both computer programming and graphic design. A designer maintains and adds more features to a website once it is created.
Web Designer Duties and Responsibilities
The web designer job description entails the following duties and responsibilities:
- Designing webpage layout
- Updating websites
- Writing and editing content
- Creating back up files
- Determining technical requirements
- Solving code problems.
Web Designer Qualifications, Experience, and Skills
The following are major web designer skills, qualifications, and experience:
- A report by O Net Online stated in 2016 that 43 percent of web developers held a bachelor’s degree, while 20 percent had an associate’s degree and 13 percent had a post-secondary certificate. For web designers to be competitive in the job market, they need an education in website design and computer technology
- Experience required for the job includes professional portfolio
- Graphic design skills
- Computer programming skills
- Computer proficiency skills
- Team work skills.
Web Designer Salary
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2015 the median hourly wage for web developers was $31.23 or $64,970 annually. Web developers perform the same duties as web designers.
Future Job Outlook for Web Designers
The expected job growth for web developers was 27 percent from 2014 to 2024. According to the BLS, the job growth of 1 percent was projected between 2014 and 2024 for web design professions.
9. Search Engine Optimization Specialist
A search engine optimization specialist is responsible for reviewing, analyzing, and implementing websites that are optimized to be selected by search engines.
He/she is also responsible for developing content and include keywords or phrases that help in increasing traffic to website.
Search Engine Optimization Specialist Duties and Responsibilities
The search engine optimization specialist job description commonly includes the following duties and responsibilities:
- Examining keywords and SEO techniques used by competitors
- Compiling and presenting SEO guidelines
- Writing useful SEO content for websites, blogs, and social media accounts
- Developing link building strategies
- Evaluating client sites for areas that can be improved and optimized
- Getting updates on both white hat and black hat SEO strategies
- Preparing detailed strategy reports
- Identifying great keywords to drive the most important traffic
- Running PPC campaigns
- Writing powerful calls-to-action to convert visitors
- Using effective keywords to fill websites and other content.
Search Engine Optimization Specialist Skills, Qualifications, and Experience
Search engine optimization specialists need to have the following skills, qualifications, and experience to succeed on the job:
- Experience with website optimization tools
- Previous experience in content marketing, content growth and SEO
- Familiarization with Google analytics
- Knowledge of search engine optimization practices
- Analytical processing skills
- Link building skills
- Information technology skills
- Knowledge of website analytic skills
- Knowledge of search engine parameters
- Keyword optimization
- Content writing skills
- Content generation skills
- Client management skills
- Web research skills
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, computer science, or any field related to information technology.
Search Engine Optimization Specialist Salary
PayScale in October 2017 reported a median annual salary of $44,326 for search engine optimization specialists.
Future Job Outlook for Search Engine Optimization Specialists
In the 2014 to 2024 report by U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), there would be a 2% to 4% growth for all categories of Search Engine Optimization Specialists.
Indeed reported that the number of listings for search engine optimization specialists have quadrupled in the past five years. The North American search engine marketing industry will expand by 16% to $19.3 billion from the $16.6 billion in 2010, according to the State of Search Marketing Report 2011.
In the report, we can see that other businesses are relying on third party SEO professionals to improve their search engine rankings.
As a means of driving revenue growth, the increasing dependence on search engine marketing has positioned the SEO specialist profession for rapid growth in future.
10. Business Analytics Specialist
A business analytics specialist job entails helping with the implementation and support of business information systems across multiple departments.
Business analytics specialists identify problems and opportunities within a company and ultimately provide solutions that help achieve the business’ goals.
Business Analytics Specialist Duties and Responsibilities
The business analytics specialist job description is usually made up of the following duties and responsibilities:
- Assisting with the business case
- Translating and simplifying requirements
- Planning and monitoring
- Requirements analysis
- Requirements organization
- Requirements management and communication
- Eliciting requirements.
Business Analytics Specialist Skills and Qualification
Business analytics specialists should possess the following skills and qualifications to gain an employment:
- Technical writing skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to conduct cost/benefit analysis
- Understanding of systems engineering concepts
- Leadership skills
- Knowledge of business case development
- Knowledge of modeling techniques and methods
- Bachelor’s degree (any degree) with the following helpful subjects: Business Administration, Information Technology, Business Studies, or Management
- There are also a number of industry-recognized certificates offered by The International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA).
Business Analytics Specialist Salary
Business analytics specialists in the United States earn an average annual pay of $82,904 as of June 27, 2019.
The majority of business analytics specialist salaries currently range between $60,000 and $104,000 across the United States.
While ZipRecruiter views business analytics specialist salaries as low as $25,500 and as high as $152,000; the average pay range for this field stands for up to $44,000.
Future Job Outlook for Business Analytics Specialists
The business analytics specialist job is expected to grow 14% from 2016 to 2026, much quicker than the average for all professions.
As organizations continue to search for ways to improve efficiency and control costs, demand for the services of these workers should grow.
The digital marketing careers provide exciting and rewarding job opportunities anyone can go into.
This post provides our selection of 10 highest paying digital marketing careers, their job descriptions and salaries to help you make an informed decision about your preferred choice.