Hotel Event Coordinator Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post provides detailed information about the job description of a hotel event coordinator to increase your knowledge of what they do.
It highlights the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that commonly make up the hotel event coordinator work description.
It also gives the major requirements recruiters commonly set for prospective candidates for the hotel event coordinator job to meet to qualify for hiring.
Please, read on to learn about the hotel event coordinator career:
What Does a Hotel Event Coordinator Do?
Hotels are known and popular for being the location for several occasions or events such as meetings, conferences, and seminars, and weddings and many other events.
A hotel event coordinator is responsible for ensuring events that take place in the hotel go smoothly and according to plan.
A hotel event coordinator works on a wide range of events, from government meetings, to conventions, and to weddings.
In other words, a hotel event coordinator can be described as one who is professionally responsible for the planning, organization, overseeing and management of the hotel event spaces and all events that are to take place in the hotel event spaces.
The hotel event coordinator job description entails performing various functions such as managing the hotel event space, overseeing and managing the events team, and interacting with clients or customers in order to bring them in to use the hotel event spaces.
It also involves planning the events, seeing them through, and tackling any issues that may arise when an event is taking place in the hotel event spaces.
The event coordinator is familiar with all the hotel event spaces, and he or she understands the particular features and possibilities that are unique to each room.
He or she is responsible for hiring and overseeing all the staff or team members who will make events run smoothly, from the cleaning staff to the catering crew.
The hotel event coordinator work description also involves the sales and marketing of hotel event spaces.
In the process of marketing the hotel event spaces to clients, the coordinator has to answer incoming queries, network at local professional events, publicize the hotel event property or spaces, and implement his or her marketing and sales savvy to get his or her venue booked.
Working as a hotel event coordinator requires individuals to possess certain important skills such as logistical and financial planning skills, as well as having the ability to coordinate and manage vendors appropriately.
He/she must also have physical strength and excellent marketing and sales ability.
In terms of academic qualifications, a hotel event coordinator is required to possess a Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality, Event Management, or in a related field.
Some employers also require several years of professional experience either as an executive assistant or through an internship, and at least adequate knowledge on sales and marketing is required.
Hotel Event Coordinator Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Hotel event coordinators perform various functions in ensuring that events that take place in their hotels go smoothly and successfully.
The job description of a hotel event coordinator usually consists of the following duties, tasks, and responsibilities:
- Understanding and identifying the requirements for each event
- Researching vendors such as caterers, decorators, and musicians, and selecting the best combination of quality and cost
- Overseeing and managing all event operations
- Overseeing issues that may come up at events and acting quickly to resolve problems
- Analyzing and evaluating an event’s success and submitting reports
- Interacting and negotiating with vendors in order to achieve the most favorable terms
- Hiring personnel that will help to organize and run events smoothly
- Planning events while paying particular attention to time and budget
- Publicizing and marketing hotel event properties or spaces to get them booked
- Running final tests on the day of the event to ensure that everything meets standards
- Interacting and keeping healthy communication and interactions with clients and vendors
- Working with clients to guide them through event details and serving as their personal coordinator throughout the entire planning process and the event.
Hotel event coordinator Job Description for Resume
If you have worked before in the role of a hotel event coordinator or are presently working in that position, and are making a new resume, you can complete the professional or job experience section of your resume by applying the hotel event coordinator duties and responsibilities presented in the job description sample above.
You will need to include a work experience section to your resume if you have or are presently being employed as an event coordinator in a hotel.
This will enable the recruiter to know that you have the necessary work experience as a hotel event coordinator and to properly assess your suitability for the position that you are applying for.
Hotel Event Coordinator Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
If you are seeking the job of an event coordinator at a hotel, recruiters will generally expect you to meet the conditions of the job requirements which are published with the job vacancy advertisement.
This is important to them to be able to find the ideal candidates that can effectively perform the obligations, objectives, and purpose of the available hotel event coordinator position.
Shown below are major requirements recruiters may want you to fulfill to qualify to access the hotel event coordinator role:
- A sound educational background that involves a Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality or Event Management, or any related field
- Logistical and financial management skills, which enable a hotel event coordinator to plan events and spend money within budgets
- Great communication skills, which require the event coordinator to interact effectively and efficiently with clients, vendors, and personnel
- Self-management and analytical skills, with the ability to maintain composure during high-level events, and also to identify and tackle issues that may arise during events
- Several years of professional experience as an event coordinator
- Tech savvy; the ability to use the computer and other modern applications or platforms to publicize hotel event spaces, and also manage events.
If you are a recruiter or employer hiring for the hotel event coordinator position for your organization, you will need to inform prospective candidates what the duties and responsibilities of the role are.
This means, you have to publish a detailed description of the available hotel event coordinator job, which you can quickly and conveniently do by using the job description example above.
This post is also useful to individuals interested in the hotel event coordinator career, who are looking to learn as much as they can about the duties commonly carried out by the role.
Did this article help increase your knowledge of what hotel event coordinators do? Please, make a comment in the box below. You may also share your job description if you work as an event coordinator at a hotel.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.