This post provides detailed information on the digital marketing analyst job description, including the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities they commonly perform.
It also highlights the major requirements that you may be expected to fulfill to be hired for the digital marketing analyst role.
What Does a Digital Marketing Analyst Do?
The digital marketing analyst’s work cuts across various functionalities and digital marketing channels, including content marketing, website management, email marketing, analytics, and social media. He/she is responsible for executing and reporting a company’s strategic initiatives and marketing programs.
His/her job description entails participating in the marketing planning process and executing the company’s promotional campaigns flawlessly.
He/she is responsible for supervising campaign workflows across internal marketing and 3rd party vendors, planning teams, and analytics.
His/her role also involves managing important strategic programs, ensuring business optimization and flawless execution.
He/she continuously evaluate new systems and tools to simplify and automate workflows.
The digital marketing analyst is also responsible for managing and enhancing company reporting dashboards; he/she collaborates with internal data teams to generate key performance metrics, as well as provide new insights that are actionable.
His/her work description also involves the application of analytics and industry knowledge in generating business reporting on strategy performance and campaign; understanding of important drivers, and the discovering of new opportunities to propel further growth.
Digital Marketing Analyst Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Digital marketing analysts perform various functions in ensuring a company’s marketing programs and initiatives are effective.
Below is a job description example that represents the common tasks, duties, and responsibilities associated with the role of digital marketing analysts in most firms:
- Perform email marketing and lead generation activities, including formatting, optimizing, and distributing email messages and marketing campaigns, event invitations, announcements, and newsletters
- Make sure email distributions follow marketing best practices, applicable regulations, anti-spam laws, and brand standards
- Carry out update and maintenance of information relating to business development activities and marketing in the CRM
- Collaborate with company lawyers, business services professionals, and support staff to develop and grow effective marketing mailing lists, blogs, websites, intranet, and content management
- Carry out update on company’s website and microsites by applying company’s Sitecore, HTML coding, and CMS
- Assist and direct other users of Sitecore
- Responsible for ensuring all content adhere to established standard before posting on company websites
- Help in developing, launching, and maintaining of WordPress blogs, microsites, campaign measurement and analytics
- Apply tools such as CRM, Google Analytics, social media management platforms, and the CRM in creating, analyzing, and interpreting requested reports
- Make useful suggestions on improving business processes and procedures, and the department’s systems
- Responsible for designing, producing, and distributing specific departmental reports that may be required
- Ensure documentation and maintenance of daily work activities, including team activities
- Provide training and deliver presentations when requires and directed
- May be responsible for managing supplier relationships.
Requirements – Abilities, Knowledge, and Skills – for Digital Marketing Analyst Role
If you are looking to work as a digital marketing analyst, you will be required to possess certain skills, qualities, experience, and qualifications to be eligible for an interview.
Below are typical employers’ requirements for the digital marketing analyst job that you may be expected to have to be considered for the position:
- A degree, diploma, or certificate in digital marketing or marketing
- Experience working in a digital marketing or professional services setting
- Solid work experience with email marketing tools and content management systems
- Experience with the social media on a professional level
- Solid experience working across multiple stakeholders, managing and enhancing workflows
- Strong ability to generate correct and insightful reports for making effective business decisions
- Possess strong critical thinking skill, and ability to apply it to analyzing data and solving problems
- Strong experience with direct marketing
- Expertise with Excel and other Microsoft Office products
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with strong ability to manage several competing tasks simultaneously
- Highly motivated self-starter with proven ability to work independently with little supervision on projects, but produce great results
- Excellent ability to communicate both verbally and in writing across several stakeholder groups
- Proven ability to work effectively with internal teams to complete assigned tasks and projects before deadline
- Knowledge of HTML and experience with analytical tools, analysis, reporting, and researching.
If you are an employer at the point of hiring for the position of digital marketing analyst, you will need to create a job description for prospective applicants to know the kind of marketing analyst that you are searching for.
To produce a great description for the role in your company, you can use the sample digital marketing analyst job description provided in this post to easily and quickly make one for your organization, and you can be sure of attracting the best people.
This post also provides useful information to those interested in the digital marketing career; they will learn all they need to know about the duties and responsibilities of a digital marketing analyst and be better prepared for the role.