DaVita Hiring Process: Job Application, Interviews, and Employment
The hiring process at DaVita consists of various stages, including the job application and interview processes that you need to pass through to be employed by the Company.
This post provides exhaustive information on the recruitment process at DaVita, to help you learn the best way to secure employment in the organization.
Please, continue reading:
DaVita Company Overview
DaVita Inc. is an American organisation that renders kidney dialysis services, with a network of more than 2,500 outpatient dialysis centers throughout the U.S.
DaVita is committed to renal disease at an end-stage, which strongly demands that a patients undergoes dialysis three times in a week for life. The company possesses a market share of exactly 37% in the dialysis market.
In 2018, about 69% of DaVita’s revenue was generated from Medicare and some other health insurance programs that are government-based.
In that same year, virtually all the company’s patients were insured by government-based insurance programs.
Furthermore, DaVita began its operation in 1979, and was known as medical ambulatory care.
Later on, DLJ Merchant Banking Partners acquired the company for 75 million dollars and changed its name to Total Renal Care Holdings, Inc.
But currently, the name “DaVita Inc.” is the official name for this organisation due to its recent change of owners.
The DaVita Hiring Process
DaVita has a straightforward and easy hiring process for applicants who desire to practice their career in the company. The hiring process entails the following stages:
- Job Application
To get a job at DaVita, you have to undergo the company’s hiring process, which typically begins with a job application.
You have to submit an application through DaVita’s career portal. If it’s the first time applying for a job, you will need to create a candidate profile to enable you submit your application successfully.
Your resume may be required from you, so the hiring team can have the knowledge of your past employment experiences and education histories.
Moreover, during the application, you will be asked a few questions regarding your personality. It is advised to consider these questions seriously, and provide honest answers to them.
2. Online Assessment
After your online application, you are likely to get an invitation to sit for one or more of the company’s assessment tests.
DaVita’s online assessment is usually based on the position. However, irrespective of the position, you will encounter a part of the assessment, which typically consists of personality and situations judgment-based questions.
Most times, these questions will be tricky and pretty difficult as well.
In order to proceed to the next stage of the hiring process, it is compulsory to pass the online assessment successfully.
3. Phone Interview
The moment you have successfully passed the online assessment, the DaVita hiring team will have a brief interview with you over the phone.
This phone interview is a screening method conducted by the HR manager. Performing very well will qualify you for the in-person interview later on.
The interview does not last more than 30 minutes, and it entails questions irrespective of your position, resume, and suitability for the job.
Prior to the phone screening, you will receive a short notice from the hiring team concerning the interview, informing you to be expectant and prepared.
4. Face-to-face Interview
A face-to-face interview normally comes up several weeks after you have successfully passed the phone interview. You will be interviewed by the HR manager or one or more personnel from the hiring team.
Unlike other interview sessions you might have attended, DaVita’s face-to-face interview doesn’t last more than an hour.
You will be asked questions regarding the role you are applying for, salary expectations, availability, and how passionate you are about your career.
However, there are some general DaVita interview questions that you will definitely encounter, such questions include:
- Why are you no longer interested in your previous or current workplace?
- Do you have a tangible reason why you should be hired?
- Can you give a clear description of an excellent customer service that you have received?
- Have you ever had dis-agreement with a team? If yes, tell me about it.
Candidates who prepare very hard for the interview have higher chances of succeeding than those who didn’t.
Prior to the interview, it is highly recommended to make solid preparation.
Here some tips to aid your preparation:
- Be prepared to give the interviewer examples that clearly illustrate your suitability for the position.
- Observe and understand the questions carefully before answering them.
- Arrive at the interview venue as early as possible, a late attendance is very bad for your reputation as an employee.
- When answering a question, ensure that the interviewer is satisfied with the answer before you conclude.
The lucky candidates who have been selected to be employed in the company will all undergo a compulsory orientation and training program before resuming at their offices properly.
The orientation lasts for days (depending on the position), and it involves intensive learning through watching educative videos, and being tutored by specific personnel.
This orientation is being conducted to ensure that newly employed personnel are acquainted with the company’s culture and the responsibilities that are required by their positions. How
Long Does DaVita Hiring Take?
After your interview, it could take about ten working days to hear from the hiring team regardless of your interview performance.
Sometimes, it might even be longer. But that doesn’t mean that the hiring team has no interest in you, it’s just the standard of the company.
Getting hired on the spot after an interview rarely happens. DaVita prefers taking enough time to assess the candidate’s performance and make their decision.
DaVita Jobs and Careers
DaVita offers a very huge number of jobs that can be accessed, but here are a few of the roles that are frequently sought for:
- Healthcare operations manager: This employee is responsible for building a good relationship with the DaVita’s patients, while improving the health continuously with the help of clinical goal setting and excellent enhancement initiatives.
He or she also manages the clinic by adhering to budget and forecasting expenses; managing vendor relationships, monitoring compliance, and ordering supplies.
- Patient care technician: This employee builds and maintains a long-term relationship with patients who suffer a final-stage renal disease, and also ensures that these patients receive their treatment three times per week.
He or she keeps an eye on patients before and while dialysis treatment takes place. Taking measurements and records of patients’ status, and setting up of hemodialysis machine are also included in the duties of a patient care technician.
- Business services representative: This employee has the responsibility to resolve billing and denial issues, as well as working with payers to resolve difficulties, and helping with payments of claims. He or she also shows courtesy, empathy, efficiency, competence, and care towards patients.
- Data analyst: At DaVita, this employee delivers analytical direction and support within the Compliance and Care Management teams. He or she is also responsible for identifying chances to improve automation capabilities and reporting through Excel, SQL or statistical programming.
- Health advocate: This employee has a responsibility to exhibit communication and behavior skills, demonstrating HealthCare Partners’ obligation to quality customer service, as well as care and concern with every single internal and external patient.
What to Expect Working at DaVita
As a worker at DaVita, you will definitely get opportunities to advance your career. Solid support is usually provided for employees (especially the newly employed ones) in performing their work duties efficiently.
DaVita pays its employees good wages, and offers some benefits to long-term workers. The management of the company is always ready and willing to give a listening ear to the complaints or advice of the employees.
However, most of the employees in this company usually experience very long working hours, and they also find it difficult to get some days off work, regardless of the reason they need to leave work. Moreover, some colleagues are not friendly no matter how polite you approach them.
DaVita is an organisation that is committed to offering its customers a competent and faultless service.
As a result of this, the company is only interested in employing individuals who have the expertise needed to satisfy the needs of customers.
This article has really helped to clearly provide what it takes to become a DaVita personnel and how to pass through the company’s hiring process.