Construction Site Electrical Engineer Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post provides exhaustive information of the job description of a construction site electrical engineer, to help you understand what they do.
The key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that most companies would like their workers to perform as a construction site electrical engineer have been included in this post.
If you are looking for a construction site electrical engineer job, you will also find information on the major requirements that most employers/recruiters would want you to meet to be hired.
Please, continue reading to learn more about the construction site electrical engineer career.
What Does a Construction Site Electrical Engineer Do?
A construction site electrical engineer is responsible for designing, testing, installing, and maintaining large-scale electrical systems that transmit and generate power.
When designing projects construction site electrical engineers use their skills to work with computer models to have a better idea of what they should design.
The construction site electrical engineer job description involves making the progress of a team to be easy and providing technical advice within their professionalism.
He/she is responsible for interacting with other electrical engineers and staff members to identify and resolve development issues, as well as conduct mechanical assembly utilizing power and manual tools.
They are involved in ensuring that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements.
It is also the job of a construction site electrical engineer to plan layout of electric power generating infrastructure, distribution lines, transmission lines and substations, and conduct soldering commensurate to IPC standards.
Most companies looking to hire for the position of a construction site electrical engineer usually require interested individuals to prove that they are competent for the job by showing some skills and abilities.
Some of the qualities you may be expected to develop to succeed in the construction site electrical engineer career include knowledge of engineering science and technology, knowledge of computer operating systems, and analytical thinking skill.
Others include electrical design ability, team leadership budgeting skill, communication skill, attention to detail, problem-solving skill, and project management competence.
Proof of academic qualifications is needed in your search for a new construction site electrical engineer job.
Employers always expect job applicants to show they are academically qualified for the new job position.
You will have the opportunity to attend an interview, if you can present a strong portfolio with demonstrated skills and abilities for the new construction site electrical engineer job.
Most employers require that entry-level construction site electrical engineers provide a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
The degree must come from a program accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET).
Construction Site Electrical Engineer Salary: The average salary of a construction site electrical engineer can be rated at $60,000 per year.
Construction Site Electrical Engineer Job Description Example/Sample/Template
The construction site electrical engineer performs various tasks, duties, and responsibilities as shown in the following job description example:
- Working with high and low voltage equipment; and managing power generation, transmission and distribution
- Developing electrical equipment and power distribution equipment specifications, as well as preparing electrical load calculations for single and three phase loads
- Utilizing experience with power system analysis tool to prepare electrical single line drawings, schematics and detail drawings as required
- Managing and maintaining building services, such as lighting, heating, ventilation and lift systems; and working with renewal energy sources
- Overseeing maintenance, testing and repair of company-owned electrical equipment; and reporting issues on time to the managing authorities
- Drawing up project plans, making models, prototypes and circuit diagrams for high and low voltage electrical equipment; and carrying out feasibility studies for new technical developments.
Construction Site Electrical Engineer Job Description for Resume
If you are making a new resume or CV, you can make it more compelling by including the professional or work experience section in it.
This section allows you to express your previous experience working as a construction site electrical engineer or the experience you are having currently working in that role.
You can make a compelling professional experience section for your resume or CV by applying the duties and responsibilities contained in the sample construction site electrical engineer job description provided above.
With a carefully crafted professional experience section, you can increase your chances of getting the new job, especially if working experience as an electrical engineer at a construction site is important to succeeding in it.
Construction Site Electrical Engineer Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
If you are seeking the construction site electrical engineer job, here are major requirements you may be expected to meet by recruiters/employers to be qualified for hiring:
- At least 5 years of relevant engineering experience in electrical, fiber optic, and public address systems, as well as security installations and CCTV
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with electro-mechanical and process equipment fabrication, integration, operation and troubleshooting
- Prior rail mass transit projects experience and NYCT Station Improvement project experience
- Good MS Word and Excel proficiency, as well as good verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrable knowledge, understanding and application of low carbon design; and a sound understanding of health and safety regulations
- Interpersonal and leadership skills; and ability to work well alone and in a team.
If you are interested in the construction site electrical engineer career, this post will help you to learn about what the role does, as well as the qualities, skills, experience, etc. you need to develop to succeed in it.
You will also find information on this page useful if you are a recruiter/employer needing to create a job description for the construction site electrical engineer position in your company.
You can apply the construction site electrical engineer job description example provided on this page to make a detailed and effective one for your company.