This post provides complete information on the construction administrative assistant job description, including the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities they typically perform.
It also highlights the major requirements you may be expected to meet to be hired for the construction administrative assistant role.
What Does a Construction Administrative Assistant Do?
The construction administrative assistant job description involves scheduling and coordinating facility access, ensuring quality control of facility spaces, and coordinating with vendors to ensure that building systems are functioning properly.
It also entails preparing and maintaining facility records, including room capacities, sizes, configurations and equipment inventories.
The construction administrative assistant maintains a schedule of facilities’ equipment and equipment requirements, preparing work estimates, and completing related reports.
It is also their duty to communicate with other departments to ensure compliance with facility standards, and to resolve conflicts.
They attend meetings, conferences and hearings regarding facility issues.
Construction administrative assistants will also be required to attend meetings regarding the construction of new facilities or additions.
This position coordinates the training sessions of new hires to ensure that they are trained on all facility issues and are familiar with established procedures, standards and equipment requirements.
One of their duties involves ensuring that the facility’s equipment and systems are maintained, including the proper use of the equipment and scheduling training sessions related to each type of system.
The construction administrative assistant work description also involves maintaining a schedule of facility issues and equipment requirements, preparing work estimates, and completing related reports.
It also includes communicating with other departments to ensure compliance with facility standards and to resolve conflicts.
The construction administrative assistant may be responsible for training facility employees regarding their job duties and requirements.
It is also their responsibility to participate in planning meetings or conferences to discuss new construction or renovations, equipment needs or space utilization issues.
More on Construction Administrative Assistant Job Description
Construction administrative assistants serve as a spokesman for the department and provide information on project status to the public by answering questions at community meetings that relate to facility issues.
They participate in inspections with other departments that relate to facility issues.
Construction administrative assistants are in charge of completing records of facility equipment and supplies, including purchases, sales, and inventory levels.
Construction Administrative Assistant Job Description Sample/Example/Template
The construction administrative assistant job description entails the following duties, tasks, and responsibilities:
- Coordinates and schedules the building maintenance program
- Supervises the preparation of construction expenses to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Manages daily activities that maintain and operate the property, including managing related cash, collection, and disbursement activities
- Maintains work site equipment in operating condition
- Manages a variety of duties associated with building operations, including directing crews to specific tasks as needed or requested by management or client (e.g., arrange for contractors to paint or remove asbestos from a property)
- Performs various clerical tasks, such as running errands for project managers, performing payroll and maintaining records if required (e.g., managing petty cash)
- Maintains requirements for the safety of workers (e.g., extinguishing combustible materials, maintaining hazards and the building structure)
- Identifies and notifies contractors of any corrections or replacement needed on the property
- Supervises the preparation of quotations and contracts
- Receives all materials brought to the site that are related to maintenance or new construction
- Responsible for managing file system (systematic arrangement and retrieval of records, documents or information) within specified limits and following established procedures
- Retrieves requested information from various records within specified time frames
- Prepares periodic reports to management regarding building repairs, improvements and changes in inventory for long term maintenance needs
- Maintains accurate records, reports, receipts and other documents related to the project (e.g., work orders).
Construction Administrative Assistant Job Description for Resume
If you are making a new resume or CV as someone who has worked before as a construction administrative assistant or are presently working in that role, then you can create a compelling Professional Experience for your resume b applying the sample construction administrative assistant job description above.
You can apply the construction administrative assistant duties and responsibilities in your resume’s Professional Experience to show that you have been successful working in that role.
This piece of information in your resume’s Professional Experience can greatly boost it and enhance your chances of being interviewed and hired, especially if the new job you are seeking requires someone with some work experience as a construction administrative assistant.
Construction Administrative Assistant Requirements: Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
Here are major requirements you may need to meet to be hired for a construction administrative assistant position:
- Formal training, or some college, and prior related experience
- Manufacturing skills are needed in this field
- Experience with any type of construction
- Due to the nature of this job, the position requires a valid driver’s license
- A considerable amount of time spent sitting is required in this position
- Ability to drive is also required for this position as well as the ability to use a computer for entering information in spreadsheets and databases, viewing web sites, and completing reports on time
- Ability to work a regular day shift and night shift, and occasionally weekends and holidays to help accommodate client schedules
- Knowledge of the building industry, basic engineering principles, and technical skills
- Ability to manage various tasks, understanding new software programs quickly and efficiently, and read construction documents accurately, and demonstrate accuracy in data entry (data integrity)
- Must be able to perform administrative tasks such as managing the recording, ordering and retrieval of documents, correspondence and reports
- Ability to use spreadsheets, databases, and operating a computer proficiently.
Construction Administrative Assistant Salary
The average salary for a construction administrative assistant is $44,146 (glassdoor.com) and $45,702. (salary.com) per year. Philadelphia, PA, $49,020; Charlotte, NC, $47,524; Nashville, TN, $46,687; Tampa, FL, $46,288; Las Vegas, NV, $45,814 per year.
According to LinkedIn.com, there are over 469 construction administrative assistant jobs available in the United States as at December, 2022.
The home is the most basic human need and constructing it could be a career. The construction administrative assistant is the right field for you if you want to pursue an in-demand and somewhat of a stable job.
You would work with hard hats and blueprints. As long as there are homes to build, there will always be a need for an assistant in construction, which means that this job will always be available all over the country.
This post is helpful to individuals interested in the construction administrative assistant career.
They will be able to learn all about what construction administrative assistants do, and so be able to decide if it’s the best career for them.
It is also useful to recruiters/employers needing to make a job description for the construction administrative assistant position in their companies; they can apply the construction administrative assistant job description template provided above.