Case Investigation Manager Job Description Example
What Does a Case Investigation Manager Do?
Case investigation managers oversee the effective and impartial resolution of disputes and complaints in an organization.
Their job description entails coordinating the activities of a case investigation team to ensure proper investigation and efficient handling of staff-staff or staff-client misunderstanding.
They also ensure all grievances are addressed fairly and in accordance with set internal and external complaint handling procedures.
As part of their duties, case investigation managers develop standards and procedures necessary for the effective resolution of client or staff complaint.
They oversee the recruiting, orienting and training of case investigation personnel. They also monitor and coordinate their operations to ensure timely resolution of cases and compliance with set standards for complaint/case handling.
Case investigation managers are responsible for the allocation of case portfolios to investigators.
They establish case objectives and supply investigators with the required motivation and counsel necessary for resolving an issue.
Their role also involves conducting and supervising investigations to discover the facts of a case.
In fulfilling their work description, case investigation managers carry out periodic analysis to evaluate investigation policies and processes to ensure they are effective and up-to-date.
They occasionally handle complex cases and issues that are difficult for regular case investigators.
They also intervene in pacifying irate or offended clients as part of their customer service responsibilities.
Case investigation managers review reports and updates to properly adjust to changing objectives.
They utilize IT systems in managing case files to ensure accurate record keeping and proper organization of information.
They are also responsible for the acknowledgement and appraisal of high performing investigators.
Usually, case investigation managers analyze operational efficiency to identify required changes and make necessary adjustments.
They liaise with the head of investigations and other departmental heads to develop and implement effective case resolution strategies.
They also present regular reports and updates to higher ranking investigations executive.
Case investigation managers comply with laid down customer service procedures in carrying out job duties to protect the image of a company.
The case investigation manager job requires a Bachelor’s degree in criminal justice, public administration, or a relevant management degree to do.
Some of the top qualities needed to achieve success on the job include analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
Case Investigation Manager Job Description Example/Template
If you are hiring for the position of case investigation manager and need a job description to use to make one for your firm, here is an example you can use.
The case investigation manager work description below shows the various tasks, duties, and responsibilities that make up the major activities of people who work in the role:
- Oversee the day-to-day operations and activities of a case investigation team
- Collaborate with various departmental heads to develop and implement investigation processes and policies
- Oversee the hiring, orienting and training of case investigation personnel to ensure a capable workforce
- Designate and schedule case territories to investigation teams according to their capacity
- Ensure case investigators adhere to set procedures and regulations for complaint or case handling
- Direct and supervise the operations of investigation teams to ensure timely and high quality resolution of cases
- Maintain an excellent level of customer service by addressing clients courteously and politely
- Conduct performance audits to identify operational leaks and make appropriate adjustments in order to improve work efficiency
- Proffer recommendations to management on best ways to generally enhance case investigation services and processes
- Oversee the escalating of client issue to more experienced personnel to ensure proper resolution of cases
- Promote the image and public perception of a company by adhering to set customer service procedures when carrying out job duties
- Utilize IT systems/tools in managing and coordinating data investigation
- Review and evaluate investigation reports to make proper adjustment necessary for achieving set objectives
- Motivate, train and counsel case investigators to enhance their skill and improve the personal and overall performance of an investigation team
- Establish work objectives and implement action plans for achieving set targets.
Case Investigation Manager Resume Preparation
If you are looking to create a case investigation manager resume, the above listed duties and responsibilities will be helpful in completing the work experience section of the resume.
Having a section in your resume to highlight the functions you carried out in a previous job as a case investigation manager will certainly make the resume stronger as most employers would like to see the experience you have acquired on the job.
The case investigation manager sample work description shown above can assist you in making a compelling job experience section.
Requirements – Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge – for Case Investigation Manager Role
If you are interested in working as a case investigation manager, here are the important requirements most employers will expect you to satisfy to be considered for the job:
- Education and Training: To become a case investigation manager, you require a Bachelor’s degree in criminal justice, public administration, or in other similar management degrees. Experience in the field of complaints resolution or as a case investigator is also relevant in securing a case investigation manager job position
- Analytical Skills: Case investigation managers are able to conduct research and surveys to obtain information useful in resolving a dispute
- Problem-solving Skills: They are skilled in developing solutions effective for addressing an issue
- Communication Skills: Case investigation managers are well versed in interacting with investigators to establish case objectives.
Case Investigation Manager Skills for Resume
If you are making a resume for the case investigation manager job, the skills section of the resume can be created by applying the above qualities usually required by employers.
Having these qualities and highlighting them in your resume will show prospective employers that you are capable of effectively handling the responsibilities of the job.
If you are interested in being a case investigation manager, the duties, tasks, and responsibilities of the role given in this post will help improve your understanding of the position.
The job description template also given in this post can help employers in designing a suitable work description for hiring and allocating tasks to the new manager of their case investigation unit.
Did this post improve your knowledge of what case investigation managers do? Please share your view of this post or give additional functions of the position that you know.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.