Car Dealership Receptionist Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post shows all you need to know about the car dealership receptionist job description, including key duties, tasks, and responsibilities.
It also reveals what employers’ requirements for hiring car dealership receptionists are so you can adequately prepare for the position if you are seeking it. Read on:
What Does a Car Dealership Receptionist Do?
Car dealership receptionists are the first contact between the organization and its clients.
The car dealership receptionist is responsible for acting as a consultant in assisting customers with any automotive need, and for providing customer service support to the service and sales departments.
Their job description involves receiving/routing incoming calls, providing answers to basic queries, and then following up to customers in regards to service or sales.
It also involves providing excellent customer service experience to customers; they take thorough messages as it relates to callers and inquiries, provide basic information to callers that have general inquiries, place follow up calls for service and sales functions, and assist management with various clerical duties.
Their role also entails operating switchboard telephone system to receive incoming calls, determining nature of the call, and directing callers to appropriate person or department.
It also includes assisting with filing duties and other administrative tasks as needed.
The receptionist must also maintain a positive and ethical working relationship with all employees, manufacturers, lenders, vendors, and customers and set an example of professionalism through actions and appearance.
They work in car dealership and automobile companies.
They also ascertain and record totals of counter tickets and repair orders, sales deposits, and excel worksheet of service and parts invoice totals.
They verify against all cash, checks, and credit card payments on hand at end of shift. They also communicate any discrepancies in the totals to the appropriate unit.
The car dealership receptionist work description also involves verifying parts and service invoices to batch posting report and account for all invoices closed from the previous day.
To become a car dealership receptionist requires a High School Diploma or equivalent qualification.
The individual must also possess some role-based skills such as: excellent communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and time management skills; intermediate computer skills, phone handling skills, and basic math skills to perform the job successfully.
Car Dealership Receptionist Job Description Example/Sample/Template
The car dealership receptionist serves as the primary contact person to greet visitors by phone and in person.
They perform various functions, including answering a multi-line telephone system and receiving visitors, customers, and prospects in a timely, pleasant, and professional manner, as well as providing information and support to other departments as required.
The major tasks, duties, and responsibilities that make up a car dealership receptionist job description are listed below:
- Guarantee all checks in accordance with company policy
- Answer phone and direct customers/prospects to the appropriate department and ensure to follow-up in a timely manner
- Diplomatically handle customer complaints and refer them to the appropriate individual/unit for resolution
- Ensure all company safety policies and procedures are strictly followed
- Ensure to check with management at the end of each shift before leaving the dealership to ascertain they do not need anything additional
- Responsible for daily filing (service repair orders, parts counter tickets, car deal files, and hard copies)
- Use the dealership’s computer system to calculate customer’s bills
- Responsible for receiving payments (cash, checks, and credit card payments) from customers and document the amount received on the repair order and/or counter ticket
- Provide customers with accurate change and issue receipts to them
- Responsible for processing internals daily
- Maintain confidentiality of customer and company information at all times
- Attend to customers with a clear, friendly voice along with a professional demeanor
- Maintain and keep customer areas tidy
- Responsible for stocking fresh complimentary snacks and beverages for customers
- Attend to waiting customers.
Car Dealership Receptionist Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
If you are seeking the job of a car dealership receptionist, it is important to know that employers or recruiters will expect you to satisfy certain requirements that show that you will be effective in carrying out the purpose, objectives, and obligations of the role.
Shown below are major requirements most recruiters may expect applicants for the position of car dealership receptionist to meet to gain interview appointment:
- Education: To work as a car dealership receptionist requires a minimum of High School Diploma
- Communication Skills: Car dealership receptionists require excellent oral communication skills to effectively communicate customers’ interest needs and requests to management and sales personnel; as well as written communication skills for filing and documentation
- Language Skills: They require the ability to read and comprehend instructions and information
- Professionalism: They must present a professional personal appearance at all times and a polished communication style
- Phone Handling Skills: They require appropriate phone handling etiquette for polite conversation with customers and prospects; and for promptly and efficiently handling a multi-line phone system
- Flexibility: Car dealership receptionists must be willing and able to work various schedules
- Interpersonal Skills: Receptionists require excellent interpersonal skills to relate easily with people of various background and personalities. It is also essential for them to work effectively with all departments with limited supervision
- Computer Skills: They require intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel. They also require strong keyboarding skills
- Time-management: They must be punctual, with the ability to manage assigned tasks within time schedule; as well as provide customer support in a timely manner
- Math Skills: They require basic math skills for basic arithmetic manipulations.
To hire someone for the role of a receptionist at a car dealership, recruiters need to publish the job description for interested individuals to respond to.
They can easily and quickly adapt the sample job description provided above in addition to the information about the duties and responsibilities of a car dealership reception provided in this post in making a detailed description for the role for their company.
By making a detailed description for the car dealership position in their organizations, they will be able to attract the best persons for the job.
This article is equally helpful to individuals who are interested in getting into the car dealership receptionist career to discover what the role entails and what is required to gain employment.
Did this article help you to better understand the duties and responsibilities of car dealership receptionists? Please, leave a comment in the box below. Do also discuss your job description if you work as a receptionist at a car dealership.