Business Development Engineer Job Description Example
What Does a Business Development Engineer Do?
A business development engineer is someone responsible for a company’s success at deals and deployment.
Their job description involves making clients want to come back again after their encounter the first time. This could involve spending a lot of time with customers on site and understanding their problems, and in turn suggesting products with possible solutions.
A business development engineer is usually someone with a background in architecture, engineering and/or other related fields. Their prior focus as mentioned is developing and maintaining relationships with clients.
He or she is also to develop a strong relationship with customers; this they can do through e-mails, follow-ups, phone calls and even personal visits.
They are largely responsible for a company’s extended horizon or expansion in terms of customers’ relations. This could include following up on prospective clients, briefing them on the various engineering solutions of the company.
This role requires someone who is good at identifying new markets; and someone who has an eye for opportunities.
Other duties these engineers perform include providing pre-sale technical support to respective departments and reporting to the business development manager.
This position is very important to the success of any company as the engineers play a great role in defining a company’s marketing plan.
They provide vital information that would help any company’s marketing executive prepare an effective marketing strategy that will best promote the company’s product(s).
In an event of any dissatisfaction of customers with the company’s product, the business development engineer in conjunction with other related staff does a follow in order to resolve any mishap and to ensure that the customers ends up satisfied and smiling.
Business Development Engineer Job Description Example
The position of a business development engineer performs certain important duties, tasks, and responsibilities, which are presented in the following job description example:
- Analyze potential and existing markets in order to identify business opportunities
- Establish customer base relations and its management data base
- Carry out market research in order to develop strategies and roadmaps for sales of the company’s products and to secure more business relations
- Develop and maintain good customer relationship for the future growth of the company
- Provide support to marketing team, in the area of developing strategies for company’s product promotions
- Prepare presentations, proposals, and various sales tools on effective development of business opportunities for the company
- Assist the relevant management in resourcing, budgeting, and problem solving activities of the company
- Develop campaigns and other activities that will help in increasing the recognition of the company
- Regularly provide updates on the market competition analysis and knowledge to the sales and service department
Business Development Engineer Resume Preparation
In preparing a resume for the job of the business development engineer, the above job description sample presents relevant materials for the writing of the work experience section of the resume.
Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities – for the Job of Business Development Engineer
To be considered to hold the position of business development engineer by most employers, applicants must possess the following skills and abilities, which are important for achieving success on the job:
- Previous experience in similar position
- Good knowledge of the computer and the applications relevant to the position; like MS Office suite and ERO systems
- Ability to develop and make presentations for existing and prospective customers, in a professional manner
- Must have good sales and marketing skills
- Must possess excellent management, as well as organizational skills
- Possess the ability to cope with stress and effectively prioritize tasks
- Must possess effective communication and writing skills
- Must have the ability to recognize opportunities and manage budgets effectively
- Creativity: Business development engineers must be able to develop fresh ideas and strategies
- Effective people skills: He/she must have the ability to handle people no matter how difficult they might seem
- Ability to multi-task: He/she must be able to complete several tasks together and meet up with deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure and still be effective
- Ability to negotiate and dialogue with clients/customers
- Ability to engage in new product/service research for the company
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Ability to be self-motivated
- Possession of A B.Sc. in Engineering related fields
- Possession of an entrepreneurial spirit
- A comprehensive knowledge of products offered by the company and its applications
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.