Burger King Manager Job Description, Duties, and Responsibilities
What Does a Burger King Manager Do?
The Burger King Restaurant Manager is responsible for creating an enjoyable, fun-filled dinning experience to guests by ensuring top quality products delivered in a fast, friendly, and clean environment.
His/her job description entails having total accountability and responsibilities for managing the operations of a restaurant on a day-to-day basis. He/she must ensure that company standards are followed in every way while carrying out his/her role.
The manager is directly responsible for supervising up to five shifts per week, including the personnel who work the shifts.
To ensure that shifts will be supervised effectively in his/her absence, the restaurant manager provides trainings and supervision to the assistant manager(s) for them to be able to properly supervise subordinates when the manager is not available.
The manager has the duty to instill discipline among employees in the restaurant and can reprimand erring employees, as well as recommend to the District Manager the suspension or outright termination of employment of employees, depending on how grave their misconduct is.
The Burger King restaurant manager’s work description also includes ensuring that menu items are prepared following all company sanitation and operations codes.
He/she make sure guests get top quality service by prevailing on restaurant staff to take customers’ orders quickly and correctly, and with a courteous attitude.
If there is a complaint from a guest, the restaurant manager quickly ensures that it is resolved to the satisfaction of the guest.
The manager is also responsible for ensuring that the restaurant is adequately staffed by hiring hourly paid crew members when there is a need for additional hands to provide the quality of service expected of a Burger King restaurant.
He/she also works with the District Manager to review the financial plan of the restaurant, including operating expenses and profits, and sales, so as to improve performance and productivity and achieve company business goals.
Also with the District Manager, the restaurant manager works out and implements merchandising, promotional, and sales activities for the store that can help in increasing guest traffic and sales volume.
It is also part of the Burger King manager’s job description to produce administrative reports for use by management.
He/she must ensure that all restaurant equipment and facilities comply with sanitation and maintenance standard procedures as established by the company.
The ordering and maintenance of all paper and food inventory at the restaurant is also a task for the manager, just as he/she is in charge of all cash controls, and responsible for ensuring that company procedures and policies are adhered to by all employees and staff.
The manager at Burger King store has the responsibility to ensure proper training and motivation to employees, as well as to schedule all employees and evaluate their performance.
Burger King Manager Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Burger King managers perform various functions to effectively manage both the human and material resources of their restaurants to achieve company goals.
Here are major tasks, duties, and responsibilities that typically constitute the job description of managers in charge of Burger King restaurants:
- Responsible for the profit and loss management of the restaurant – develop and execute effective marketing strategies, review financial reporting to improve restaurant sales, maintain inventory, adhere to cash control and security measures, and manage labor
- Ensure bottom line profitability for restaurant by managing cost control, profit and loss, and operations budget
- Ensure company standards on facility, grounds, and equipment are maintained. Perform inspection and troubleshooting of malfunctions in facilities and equipment
- Lead the management team in finding, selecting, recruiting and hiring the best people for the restaurant, and also in training and retaining top performing employees
- Provide counselling to all employees in written and verbal forms, as well as disciplinary actions against erring employees in accordance with company policies
- Ensure all employees follow company procedures and policies in the discharge of their responsibilities and provide feedback to them
- Provide assistance to all staff by promptly responding to their complaints or requests and resolving any issue raised
- Develop and supervise schedules of team members and subordinate management staff. Make sure all shifts are adequately staffed to meet the needs of the restaurant. Give approval to time off requests when necessary and ensure the positions are appropriately covered up by other employees
- Carry out periodic performance evaluation on employees following company policy to determine their qualification for promotion, recommendation for termination of employment, etc.
- Review the Manager Log and update it by carrying out the relevant duties highlighted in the Log; generate information for other restaurant managers
- Ensure daily communication with employees, other restaurant managers, guests, and the district manager
- Responsible for scheduling restaurant events, including fundraisers and birthday parties; carry out the necessary planning and complete all relevant paperwork for the events.
Requirements – Abilities, Knowledge, and Skills – for the Burger King Manager Role
Employers for the position of Burger King restaurant manager will want to be sure that the person they are hiring will be able to perform on the role effectively, so they typically give a set of requirements, which include qualifications, skills, abilities, knowledge, etc. that must be met by applicants for the position before they are invited to an interview.
Here are some of the major ones:
- Possession of High School Diploma and at least three years experience in restaurant management activities or experience in related field
- Possession of a reliable means of transportation
- Ability to be reached on phone outside of work hours to perform management duties
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, in writing and in speech, in the English language without being misunderstood
- Ability to read, comprehend, and interpret documents, including procedure manual, safety rules, maintenance and operations guide
- Strong ability to write correspondence and reports periodically.
Physical requirements for the job include:
- Ability to stand and walk for extended period of time
- Ability to taste or smell; talk or hear; and apply hands to finger, feel, or handle items
- Ability to occasionally sit, balance, reach with hands and arms, or climb; and crawl, kneel, stoop, or crouch
- Ability to occasionally move and/or lift items of up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work in any location within the company and work any hours.
Candidates for the manager position with disability may be provided special accommodation if hired to be able to succeed on the job.
This post provides exhaustive information about the duties and responsibilities of the Burger King restaurant manager, as well as a sample job description for the role, which you can apply to create an effective description for the position in your company if you are hiring for the role.
This article will also be found useful by individuals interested in getting into the fast foods restaurant management career. They will be able to know what will be expected of them to perform if hired as a manager in a Burger King restaurant.
Did this post help increase your knowledge of what Burger King restaurant managers do? Please give your thought about this article in the comment box below. Do also share your job description if you work at a Burger King restaurant as a manager.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.