This article covers information about the Best Buy sales associate job description, to help you know what they do.
It highlights the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that make up the Best Buy sales associate work description.
This post also presents the major requirements you may be asked to meet to be hired for the sales associate position at Best Buy, as well as the expected salary for the position.
Please, read on:
What Does a Best Buy Sales Associate Do?
The Best Buy sales associate job description entails learning about and applying the Company’s product knowledge to assist any customer who walks in the doors.
It also involves performing all applicable FIFO procedures using a data card or other terminal provided by the supervisor.
The sales associate will be able to perform all activities required for their job without supervision, unless otherwise specified by their supervisor.
Best Buy sales associates’ role entails running the cash register and performing all necessary station duties according to Article 9 of their employee manual.
It also involves assisting customers in order to ensure that they receive the best possible resolution to their inquiries, complaints, or concerns.
The sales associate completes all forms and keeps them on-hand at all times, and can also stock shelves and clean the store as needed.
Furthermore, they understand and accept the policies and procedures of Best Buy and will take all necessary steps to ensure that the store is clean at all times and that customers are happy with their experiences at the store.
The Best Buy sales associate’s duties involve promptly responding to customer requests for information and/or assistance, as well as promptly addressing customer concerns that may arise.
It also includes maintaining the time cards of other employees, in addition to their own, when legally required by state law to do so.
They are also knowledgeable about all prices and promotions in order to answer any questions that a customer may have, as well as knowledgeable of the differences between the various languages and devices.
More on Best Buy Sales Associate Job Description
It is also their responsibility to carry boxes from the back of the store to ensure that all merchandise is carried through the entire store every night.
This is in order to properly stock shelves.
Sales associates at Best Buy know when the store opens and closes, and must be in complete control of their station, daily and at all times.
They are always attentive to customer needs and concerns and are knowledgeable of the policies and procedures of the company, and will follow them as outlined in the employee manual.
In addition, they are responsible for setting up and taking down all necessary displays throughout the store and for taking inventory when required to do so.
Sales associates at Best Buy provide adequate customer service at all times.
They maintain proper cash-handling procedures at all times and ensure that the money is counted accurately at the beginning and end of each shift.
Best Buy Sales Associate Job Description Sample/Example/Template
The Best Buy sales associate job description consists of the following duties, tasks, and responsibilities:
- Provide customer service by answering questions, providing information about products and services, and assisting with product selection
- Maintain a clean work area and adhere to company policies and procedures
- Follow all safety rules and regulations at the store or location where employed
- Carry out all instructions from management regarding attendance, tardiness, and absences
- Be courteous of other associates and guests in the store
- Comply with all laws and ordinances
- Assist in maintaining an orderly environment within the store
- Remain attentive to details while performing your job
- Attend training classes as scheduled
- Work with the rest of the team to achieve common goals
- Answer phones and take messages
- Resolve problems and handle complaints
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Best buy Sales Associate Job Description for Resume
If you are writing a new resume or CV as someone who has worked before or are presently working in the role of a sales associate at Best Buy, you can apply the above job description example in making a compelling Professional Experience section for your resume.
You can highlight the Best Buy sales associate duties and responsibilities from the sample job description above in your resume’s Professional Experience to show that you have been effective performing the role.
This can greatly influence the employer/recruiter to invite you to an interview, especially if the new job that you are seeking requires candidates to have some sales associate work experience from Best Buy or similar companies.
Best Buy Sales Associate Requirements: Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
If you are seeking the sales associate job with Best Buy or similar companies, here are major requirements you might be asked to meet to be hired:
- High school diploma/GED with one year retail experience
- Must be able to understand, read, write, and communicate well in English
- Ability to stand and move around for long hours during work
- Must be ability to pass background and drug screening checks before employment is offered
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be willing to follow directions and complete tasks on time
- Possess reliable transportation
- Must be able to work during holidays and work overtime when needed.
Best Buy Sales Associate Salary
The average Best Buy sales associate income, according to Glassdoor, is $15 per hour. Salary ranges from $6 to $22 per hour.
This post is helpful to individuals interested in working with Best Buy as a sales associate. They can learn all they need to know about what the role does from this post.
It is also useful to employers/recruiters in similar industry as Best Buy who are looking to hire for the sales associate position.
They can apply the Best Buy sales associate job description example on this page in making a detailed description for the vacant sales associate role in their company, for use in the hiring process.