If you want to know all about the American Express customer service job description, then you have come to the right place.
We cover what individuals who work in the customer service role with the American Express do, including the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities they perform.
This article also covers the requirements you may be asked to meet to be hired for a customer service position at the American Express, as well as the expected salary for the role.
Please, read on:
What Does an American Express Customer Service Do?
The American Express customer service role is responsible for providing a professional and courteous level of customer service to all callers.
It is responsible for answering incoming calls, routing the caller based on their needs, and assisting them in any way possible with their situation.
The American Express customer service job description entails providing follow-up information and assistance as needed regarding the original phone call received.
It also entails ensuring that all calls are completed within a specified time period.
The American Express customer service ensures that customers receive fair and professional treatment and that customers’ privacy is protected at all times during the call.
The position is also responsible for collecting payment from customers, and accurately recording the information on their statement, and for updating customers’ payment information as it changes.
The duties of the customer service at American Express involve assisting customers with issues concerning customer rewards and benefits, including coupons, membership rewards, and other related topics.
They also entail routing calls to the correct department or employee, depending on the situation at hand.
It ensures that all instructions are followed by their staff, and executed according to procedure.
The American Express customer service is responsible for communicating changes related to company policies and procedures, including changes in product or promotion details, in a timely manner.
It ensures that customers are treated in a fair and honest manner, and that the company’s policies and procedures are executed correctly.
The customer service at the American Express is responsible for following up with customers as needed, to ensure satisfaction with the original call.
It is responsible for training staff on company policies and procedures, as well as sales techniques.
It provides accurate information relating to the company’s programs, sales, rewards, and benefits.
It also handles sales inquiries related to each product sold by the company.
The customer service assists customers with any call-in program issues, including enrollment and procedures, instructions, and other related topics.
It answers incoming calls to essential business personnel, such as account executives and supervisors, as needed.
It is also responsible for handling customer questions, concerns, and issues related to company policies and procedures.
American Express Customer Service Job Description Sample/Example/Template
Here are the key tasks, duties, and responsibilities that make up the American Express customer service job description:
- Answer phone calls from customers, prospects or other callers regarding various products or services offered by American Express
- Provide information to customers about their accounts, credit cards, etc.
- Maintain records for all transactions made on behalf of American Express
- Take orders over the telephone
- Respond to inquiries from customers, prospects or others regarding a product or service sold by American Express
- Help resolve billing disputes between American Express and its customers
- Assist in solving problems associated with customer’s credit card account
- Provide information to customers regarding their accounts, credit cards and other products and services offered by American Express Company
- Answer questions concerning American Express Company’s products and services
- Deal with complaints from customers, prospects or otherwise regarding American Express Company’s products or services
- Handle incoming mail and packages for American Express Company
- Manage inventory and stock control systems
- Work closely with management team members to ensure that company goals are met
- Work as part of a team to accomplish specific objectives.
American Express Customer Service Job Description for Resume
If you have worked before or are presently working in a customer service role at the American Express and are making a resume for a new job, you can avail the recruiter/employer the work experience you have acquired by applying the sample American Express customer service job description provided above.
With the above American Express customer service job description, you can highlight the duties and responsibilities you have successfully performed on the job in your resume’s Professional Experience section.
This can greatly influence the employer/recruiter to invite you to an interview, especially if the new job that you are seeking requires someone with some customer service work experience at the American Express or similar companies.
American Express Customer Service Requirements: Skills, Abilities, Knowledge for Career Success
Here are important requirements you might be asked to meet if you are seeking to work in customer service with American Express:
- Knowledge of computers and ability to effectively use relevant software applications
- Ability to read and interpret documentation, including operating and maintenance instructions, safety standards, and procedure manuals
- Knowledge of office equipment operation, including word processing, scanning, communications equipment
- Excellent writing skills for creating correspondence and routine reports
- Excellent communication skills, in writing and in speaking
- Must be able to travel up to 10% of the time
- Ability to lift 50 pounds items sometimes and 25 pounds most times daily.
- It is necessary to be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb ladders, walk on uneven surfaces, and reach above shoulder level
- Must have good vision and hearing
- Must pass a drug test
- Must be willing to perform any other reasonable job requirements requested by supervisor.
American Express Customer Service Salary
The typical American Express customer service compensation varies from around $26,458 per year for Collector to $202,953 per year for Vice President of Client Services, according to Indeed.
The average hourly wage at American Express ranges from $10.00 per hour for Collection Representatives to $27.39 per hour for Customer Service Representatives.
The customer service job market has been predicted to grow. This means there will be an increase of new jobs available.
It also means that many companies will need more employees to fill these positions. If you’re interested in working for one of the best companies in America then this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
The post is helpful to individuals interested in a customer service job with American Express or other companies in its industry.
They will be able to learn all they to know about the duties and responsibilities performed by the role.
It is also useful to recruiters/employers in similar industry as the American Express who are in the process of hiring for the customer service position in their companies.
They can apply the American Express customer service job description example provided on this page in making one for their companies for use in their hiring process.