Beauty Advisor Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post provides complete information on the beauty advisor job description, to help you learn what they do.
It shows the key tasks, duties, and responsibilities that commonly make up the beauty advisor work description.
It also highlights the major requirements most employers will want you to meet to be considered for the beauty advisor job.
Please, continue reading to increase your knowledge of the beauty advisor career:
What Does a Beauty Advisor Do?
A beauty advisor is responsible for selling cosmetics and skincare products while also providing skin and makeup advice to customers or clients.
A beauty advisor performs the function of a salesperson that is responsible for marketing cosmetics and skincare products at retail stores.
In other words, a beauty advisor can be described as a professional individual who is responsible for providing customers with personalized services and assisting them in the process of choosing the right cosmetics.
A beauty advisor usually works in a retail store or a department store setting and is responsible for meeting the sales goals of specific cosmetics and skincare products.
The beauty advisor job description entails carrying out several essential tasks which may include greeting customers upon their arrival, giving a proper demonstration of the proper use of makeup and skincare products, and cross-selling beauty products, such as serums, body lotions, and hair care products when appropriate.
It may also involve demonstrating makeup techniques, recommending products that meet clients’ requirements, and giving customers correct and adequate information on product details such as ingredients, application methods, and price.
A beauty advisor must typically work with individual customers, including those that are passing by, as not all customers may come to the counter, to determine their beauty goals and requirements.
He/she is also expected to assist clients or customers to determine what suits them best by helping them to sample various types of makeup.
The beauty advisor work description also involves working with managers in determining new opportunities, trends, and stock needs, while also taking up the responsibility of tracking new receipts and sending damaged items back to vendors.
A beauty advisor must also ensure that the work area must be organized, tidied, clean, and attractive to customers.
Also, the individual interested in the beauty advisor career should possess and demonstrate the essential skills and qualifications that are required for efficiency and effectiveness in this position.
Some of these essential skills include strong customer service and interpersonal skills, and excellent communication skills; a flexible schedule, well-developed marketing skills, and familiarity with a wide range of beauty products; problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and fast thinking ability.
In terms of academic qualifications, individuals interested in becoming a beauty advisor is required to possess a High School diploma or equivalent, or a Bachelor’s degree from cosmetology school, fashion program, or art institute.
Several years of proven work experience in a similar field or role is also demanded by most employers.
Beauty advisor Salary: The average salary for a beauty advisor is $32,970.
Beauty Advisor Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Here are major tasks, duties, and responsibilities that typically make up the beauty advisor job description in most organizations:
- Providing clients with relationship-based services and products of the highest quality
- Using a strategic plan to achieve sales targets during in-store events, visual weeks, and promotions. Examples include appointment and pre-sell goals
- Overseeing the application of skincare products and performing facial services
- Identifying customer requirements and giving appropriate recommendations on cosmetics and skincare products based on their preferences
- Ensuring that products are presented properly on shelves
- Giving customers or clients correct and adequate advice or tips on how to take care of their skin
- Providing customers with accurate information on prices and special offers
- Ensuring that stock is replenished when needed
- Gathering and submitting sales reports to managers
- Ensuring that specified sales goals are met or exceeded.
Beauty Advisor Job Description for Resume
If you have worked before in a beauty advisor role or are currently holding the position and are writing a new resume, you can create a captivating professional experience section for the resume by applying the beauty advisor duties and responsibilities shared in the job description example above.
The professional or work experience part of your resume tells the recruiter that you have a record of success working as a beauty advisor and so will be effective in the new job.
This can influence the recruiter’s decision in calling you up for an interview, especially if the new role that you are applying for requires working experience as a beauty advisor.
Beauty Advisor Requirements – Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge for Career Success
If you are seeking the work of a beauty advisor, here are major requirements you may be expected to meet by recruiters to be hired:
- Strong communication skills: The job of a beauty advisor involves providing information on particular products to clients, therefore, he/she must be able to communicate effectively to meet sales goals
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills which enable a beauty advisor to interact and work effectively and efficiently with clients
- The ability to pay particular attention to details, as beauty advisors must be familiar with all skincare products and provide customers with detailed information about these products
- Fast thinking and problem-solving skills
- Well-developed marketing skills which enable a beauty advisor to meet sales goals and exceed them
- Several years of proven work experience in a related field or role
- A High School diploma or equivalent, or a Bachelor’s degree from cosmetology school, fashion program, or art institute.
If you are a recruiter, employer, or HR manager looking to hire for the beauty advisor role, you will need to make a description of the position to inform prospective candidates of the duties they will be expected to perform if hired.
You can apply the sample beauty advisor job description provided above in making the perfect description of the beauty advisor role in your organization.
By publishing a detailed description of the vacant beauty advisor position in your organization, you stand a better chance of attracting the best candidates to your offer.
Information on this page is also helpful to individuals who are interested in the beauty advisor career; they can increase their knowledge of the role significantly.