AT&T Retail Sales Consultant Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post is about the job description of AT&T retail sales consultant. You will learn what they do, including their main duties and responsibilities.
The requirements for a candidate seeking the AT&T retail sales consultant position and the salary details are also discussed in this post.
What Does an AT&T Retail Sales Consultant Do?
The AT&T retail sales consultant assists customers with the purchase of company’s goods and services, features, accessories, and bill payment.
He/she handles the company’s products and services to customers, answering inquiries, and providing information on competitors’ products.
The AT&T retail sales consultant job description also involves preparing and maintaining records of stock, inventory, sales and revenue for daily, weekly, and monthly reporting purposes.
It also entails preparing complete and accurate records of daily, weekly, and monthly inventories of stock to be reported to storage facilities or other locations.
Retail sales consultants at AT&T receive and record complaints, requests, suggestions and compliments from customers in an accurate manner.
They explain applicable rates and services to customers using the console and monitor to display bills.
They maintain cordial relationships with customers by listening, understanding concerns or complaints, and responding accordingly.
The AT&T retail sales consultant duties also involve retrieving, transporting, loading, and unloading merchandise in an organized, clean, and safe manner.
It also entails maintaining knowledge of products and services available to customers.
Retail sales consultants operate turnstiles, conveyor belts, and other equipment to transfer merchandise to and from the sales floor.
They perform various clerical duties such as maintaining inventory records and preparing product disposal documents.
They also operate cash register to process customer credit, debit card, and electronic checks, money orders, purchase orders or other approved methods of payment in accordance with company policy.
Retail sales consultants control and steer carts, describe their contents and return them to the appropriate shelf or area.
They understand, monitor, and maintain the AT&T’s product safety and return policy.
They are responsible for any safety violations or conditions pertaining to their assigned area of responsibility that may affect immediate customers or co-workers.
The retail sales consultant purchases, warehouses, and orders merchandise using computerized point-of-sale system.
AT&T Retail Sales Consultant Job Description Example/Sample/Template
The duties, tasks, and responsibilities that commonly make up the AT&T retail sales consultant job description include:
- Performs all functions associated with the sale of products to customers in stores or other locations
- Provides customer service by assisting customers in selecting merchandise, explaining features, answering questions, providing technical assistance, and resolving problems
- Collects money from customers at cash registers
- Maintains accurate records of transactions
- Resolves complaints concerning merchandise received
- Sells merchandise on commission basis
- Adheres to company policies and procedures
- Completes special projects assigned by management
- Assists with training new employees
- May work overtime when necessary
- Distribute merchandise to stores
- Keeps store clean and orderly
- Follows safety rules and regulations
- May be required to travel up to 25% of the time
- Perform other duties as assigned.
AT&T Retail Sales Consultant Job Description for Resume
If you are writing a new resume or CV and have worked before in the AT&T retail sales consultant role or are presently working in that position, you can make the resume more impactful by sharing that work experience in the Professional Experience section.
You can apply the above AT&T retail sales consultant job description sample in creating your resume’s Professional Experience section, to show that you have been effective performing the duties and responsibilities of a retail sales consultant.
Having a compelling Professional Experience section for your resume/CV can significantly increase your chances of getting an interview from the recruiter/employer, especially if the new job requires some work experience as a retail sales consultant with AT&T or other similar companies.
AT&T Retail Sales Consultant Requirements: Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
If you are seeking the retail sales consultant role with AT&T or other companies in the same industry, here are major requirements you might be asked to fulfil:
- Minimum of 18 years with High School diploma or its equivalent
- Must have basic knowledge of computer software applications
- Good communication skills
- Communication skills, including reading, writing, speaking, and understanding English
- Ability to lift 50 pounds occasionally and ability to stand for long periods of time
- Must pass drug test and pre-employment physical examination
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts and work overtime when necessary
- Must be willing to work on weekends and public holidays
- It is necessary to be able to travel up to 25% of the time
- Must be able to use a calculator and type at a rate of 40 words per minute
- It is necessary to be able to interact well with others.
AT&T Retail Sales Consultant Salary
The salary of an AT&T retail sales consultant depends on several factors such as experience, education level, and location.
However, the average annual pay for an AT&T sales person according to Glassdoor is $20 per hour ($41,600/yr). The salary can range between $8 and $35 ($16640 – $70,000).
This post is helpful to individuals seeking the retail sales consultant career at AT&T or other like companies; they will be able to learn all they need to know about the duties and responsibilities of the retail sales consultant role at AT&T.
It is also useful to recruiters/employers in the same industry as AT&T needing to hire for a vacant retail sales consultant role in their companies.
They can apply the AT&T retail sales consultant job description example above in making a detailed description of the available position for use in their recruitment process.