The main focus of the assistant retail store manager’s job description is to support the store manager in establishing and managing product knowledge experts and excellence customer service that is committed to building and sustaining a long term relationship with the organization’s customers by providing an environment that promotes the buying experience.
What Does an Assistant Retail Store Manager Do?
The assistant retail store manager is responsible for helping in the overall performance and operation of the store, which includes sales, operations, staff supervision, merchandising, training and development, expense control and loss prevention.
He/she is accountable for helping in driving sales and profitability.
The candidate for this role must adhere to all company guidelines, rules, procedures, and applicable state cum federal laws to ensure efficient daily operations.
The person must act as a role model and demonstrate high standards of performance by exhibiting those standards as given by the company.
The person must also have the ability to develop and maintain long term customer relationships, which is critical to the job.
He/she is among other things responsible for the daily operations of a location in the Customer Service Unit (CSU); making sure that all inventory requirements are carried out effectively, including organizing, securing, stocking, and returning items.
He/she will provide leadership, coaching, motivation, and guidance to the retail sales consultant team in order to achieve desired sales results and deliver a high customer experience.
He/she will collaborate with other company staff and leaders within and outside the team to create and maintain joint effort, and to ensure processes are efficient, and that organizational goals are met.
He/she will maintain a store environment that corresponds with established planograms, and make sure that current branding collateral is identifiable, as well as functional.
Assistant Retail Store Manager Job Description Example/Sample/Template
The following is an example of the assistant retail store manager’s job description, consisting of a list of vital duties, tasks, and responsibilities usually performed by individuals holding the position:
- Train store employees by reviewing and reexamining orientation to products and sales training materials
- Deliver training sessions; review employee job results and learning needs, and implement new product training
- Study company competition by visiting competing shops; then gather information such as prices, quality and style of competitive merchandise
- Buy inventory by researching evolving products; anticipate buyer interest; negotiate volume price breaks; place orders and verify receipt
- Attract clients and customers by creating display ideas; follow display suggestions and/or schedules; produce merchandise displayed in windows and showrooms, and on the sales floor
- Advertise goods by demonstrating products to customers
- Assist customers by giving them information; answering their questions; obtaining merchandise requested by the customer; completing payment transactions and afterwards prepare paid merchandise for delivery
- Organize sales and customer relations reports by categorizing and analyzing sales information; identify and investigate customer complaints
- Ensure a clean and safe store environment by developing evacuation routes; as well as identifying and documenting locations of potentially hazardous materials and chemicals
- Maintain inventory by checking commodities to determine stock levels; forecast customer demand
- Prepare reports by collating, summarizing, and interpreting information
- Ensure quality service by creating and enforcing organization standards
- Update professional knowledge by attending regular educational workshops; reviewing relevant professional publications; establishing personal cum professional networks, and participating in professional societies
- Contribute to team effort in order to accomplish organizational results as needed.
Assistant Retail Store Manager Job Description for Resume
To prepare a resume for this position the information contained in the sample job description above can be used in creating the employment history section of the resume.
Here is an example of assistant retail store manager resume, which you can use as a template in writing your resume for applying to the position.
Assistant Retail Store Manager Requirements – Knowledge, Skills, and Responsibilities for Career Success
Individuals seeking the position of assistant retail store manager are usually expected to possess the following attributes by employers:
- Must possess efficient verbal communication skills
- Must be creative on delivering services
- Must possess competitive analytical reasoning skills
- Must possess personal management skills
- Must be proficient in supply management functions
- Must be efficient in customer service functions
- Must possess effective presentation skills
- Strong ability to maintain basic safety procedures.