This post provides detailed information on the assistant event coordinator job description, including the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities they commonly perform.
It also highlights the major requirements you may be asked to fulfill to be hired for the assistant event coordinator role by most recruiters/employers.
What Does an Assistant Event Coordinator Do?
Assistant event coordinators are responsible for providing assistance to coordinators in the effective and efficient planning of events, from weddings to academic gatherings, to charity shows and international events like the United Nations General Assembly, etc.
Their job description basically involves carrying out responsibilities delegated to them by event planning coordinators.
They are usually expected to help the coordinators ensure a smoothly run event and to handle any hitch that may arise in the course of the event. They may work for hotels, planning companies, or under event planners.
Assistants must comply with instructions from the coordinator on the layout of the venue of the event in order to among other things ensure compliance with fire service and other regulations and the taste/prescription of the client(s).
It is their duty to carry out functions that may be delegated to them by the event planning coordinator.
The role of the assistant event coordinator also involves cleaning the venue immediately after the event and putting in place every logistic necessary for the event.
He/she usually interfaces with various vendors necessary for an event on behalf of the coordinator.
He/she is detailed to ensure strict compliance with budget and is also responsible for helping guests (where necessary) to secure the best accommodation facility.
An assistant event coordinator is sometimes detailed to work with the marketing and editorial teams in order to publicize the event effectively.
He/she is responsible for ensuring that people who attend the organized events have a good experience
The work description of assistants to event coordinators also entails helping out in the recruitment process and coordinating volunteers for the event.
He/she may be responsible for ensuring food vendors provide adequate and quality food for guests.
He/she is assigned the duty to plan for adequate and effective waste disposal at the end of every event.
Assistant Event Coordinator Job Description Example/Sample/Template
The role of an assistant event coordinator involves carrying out various functions in ensuring that an event runs smoothly.
The common tasks, duties, and responsibilities assigned to assistant event coordinators are shown in the job description example below:
- Helps the event planning coordinator in liaising with clients in order to find out their needs and keep them up-to-date on the progress of the planning process for their event
- Secures event venue
- Ensures supply of events’ merchandise
- Prepares financial report on events with the event coordinator
- Liaises with marketing team in order to utilize the best marketing strategy for an event with regards to the purpose and venue of the event, as well as its budget
- Ensures the availability of adequate restroom facilities at the venue of an event.
Requirements – Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge – For Assistant Event Coordinator Role
If you are seeking to work as an assistant event coordinator with a company, the following are typical requirements you may need to meet to qualify for an interview with most hirers:
- Ability to carry out various tasks efficiently
- Possession of High School Diploma
- Ability to comply with instructions
- Ability to work under pressure effectively
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to lead and work as part of a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to schedule and efficiently carry out activities within time
- Ability to listen compassionately to the needs of clients
- Ability to negotiate in order to get the best available deal for clients
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to pay attention to details
- Experience in managing hotels
- Ability to foresee problems and nip them in the bud
- Ability to manage and solve problems and conflicts with gusto
- Proven project management skill is valuable in this field.
If you are an employer looking for a sample job description or template for the role of an assistant event coordinator to use in your recruitment process, then this post will be valuable to you.
The information and the work description sample in this article will help you make a detailed description for the assistant event coordinator position that can be effective in attracting the best candidates to your job offer.
Also, if you are interested in getting into the event management career, this post will help increase your knowledge of what the role of an assistant event coordinator entails for you to be able to make the best decision about it.