Amazon Flex Driver Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post provides exhaustive information on the Amazon flex driver job description, to help you learn the work they do.
It highlights the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that majorly constitute the Amazon flex driver work description.
It also presents the major requirements anyone seeking the job of a flex driver at Amazon may be expected to fulfill to be employed.
Please, continue reading to improve your knowledge of the Amazon flex driver career:
What Does an Amazon Flex Driver Do?
Amazon flex is a courier service from Amazon Incorporations that enables private individuals to use their vehicles to deliver packages for Amazon as a way of earning extra money.
An Amazon flex driver, therefore, can be described as one who is saddled with the responsibility of transporting and/or moving various items from Amazon production environments to a variety of customers in various locations.
He/she is also responsible for ensuring that items, goods, and/or merchandise are transported in a safe and timely manner.
In other words, an Amazon flex driver refers to one who uses his/her vehicle while also utilizing the Amazon flex mobile application to pick up and drop off items while adhering to assigned routed and time schedules.
In essence, the duties of an Amazon flex driver are centered on assisting Amazon with the process of distributing products promptly to Amazon customers.
An amazon flex driver, in the process of executing his or her duties of ensuring that items are distributed and delivered to Amazon customers on time, is expected and required to carry out a wide range of important duties in his or her day-to-day activities.
One of the core tasks of an Amazon flex driver is to load items and/or packages from Amazon’s warehouse or production environment and ensure that they are delivered to clients or businesses in a safe and timely manner.
He/she may also be required to review orders before and after delivery to ensure that orders are complete, make sure that the charges are correct, and also that customer satisfaction is optimized.
An Amazon flex driver may also be required to accept payments for the delivered items. After the flex driver has arrived at his/her pick up location and checked in, he or she is saddled with the responsibility of scanning the QR code of all the items to be delivered before he/she loads them up.
He/she may also be required to utilize equipment like the hand truck since some packages may weigh 50 pounds or more.
The flex driver must also ensure that he/she carries out the deliveries in accordance with the established routes as the Amazon flex mobile application will create a route for him/her.
They may also choose to navigate themselves if they are familiar with the routes.
To work as an Amazon flex driver, the ideal candidate should possess skills and qualities such as well-developed verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and customer service orientation; good organizational skills, adequate driving experience, and physical strength and stamina; and excellent time management skills.
In terms of academic qualifications, the Amazon flex driver role demands that candidates seeking the position should have at least a High School Diploma or equivalent, as well as several years of professional and /or proven work experience in a driving-related job.
Amazon flex driver Salary: According to Glassdoor, the average salary for an Amazon flex driver is approximately $40k annually.
Amazon Flex Driver Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Amazon flex drivers performing the following responsibilities:
- Loading items and/or packages from Amazon’s warehouse or production environment
- Ensuring that items are delivered to the various locations of Amazon customers in a safe and timely manner
- Reviewing orders before and after they are delivered to ensure they are complete, charges are correct, and the customer is satisfied
- Scanning the QR code of all the items to be delivered before they are loaded up
- Accepting payments for delivered items when required
- Complying strictly with all transportation laws, guidelines, and/or regulations and ensuring that a safe driving record is maintained
- Strictly adhering to assigned routes and following time schedules
- Preparing reports and other documents that are related to delivery.
Amazon Flex Driver Job Description for Resume
If you are making a new resume or CV and have worked previously as an Amazon flex driver or are presently working in that role, you can enhance the quality of your resume/CV by adding the professional experience section to it.
With the professional or work experience of your resume, you will be able to show clearly to the recruiter/employer that you have been successful carrying out the duties and responsibilities of the Amazon flex driver.
This piece of information can help influence the employer/recruiter’s decision to grant you an interview and possibly hire you, especially if the new position that you are applying for requires individuals with the Amazon flex driver job experience.
You can easily and quickly create an impressive professional experience for your resume or CV by making use of the Amazon flex driver job description example provided above.
Amazon Flex Driver Requirements – Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities for Career Success
If you are seeking the Amazon flex driver role, here are major requirements you may be expected to meet to be hired:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to be able to interact effectively with customers
- Attention to detail to be able to take note of all orders, review them, and ensure that they are complete, the charges are correct, and the customer is satisfied
- Excellent time management skills to be able to ensure that items are delivered to customers in a safe manner and within a given timeframe
- Physical strength and stamina as these enable an Amazon flex driver to efficiently load heavy items and also move from one place to another as required
- A valid driver’s license.
- Good customer service skills to be able to answer questions and handle complaints from customers effectively.
This post is helpful to individuals interested in the Amazon flex driver career and would like to know what the job entails.
By learning of the Amazon flex driver duties and responsibilities shown on this page, you can now make an informed decision about choosing the career or not.
Also, recruiters/employers needing to find and hire competent people for a similar position as the Amazon flex driver role in their companies can apply the sample job description shown above in making one for the role in their organizations.