AWS Solution Architect Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post presents complete information on the job description of an AWS solution architect, to help you learn what they do.
It highlights the key tasks, duties, and responsibilities that majorly make up the AWS solution architect work description.
It also presents the major requirements, including skills and qualities you will need to meet to qualify for the AWS solution architect role.
Please, continue reading to learn more about the AWS solution architect career:
What Does an AWS Solution Architect Do?
AWS, which means Amazon Web Services, is a part of the Amazon Incorporation and is involved in providing on-demand cloud computing platforms and APIs (Application Programming Interface) to individuals, companies, and governments, on a metered pay-as-you-go-basis.
The AWS solution architect is responsible for the cloud computing architecture of the amazon organization.
He/she possessed an in-depth knowledge of the principles and services that are used to develop a technical cloud strategy, assist with cloud migration efforts, examine workload architectures, and provide guidance and/or recommendations on how high-risk issues can be addressed.
In other words, the AWS solution architect is responsible for using cloud computing architecture to assist amazon’s customers to build secure, reliable, cost-efficient, high performance, and operationally sound applications on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) that simply couldn’t exist on-premises.
One of the tasks that must be carried out by an AWS solution architect in his/her daily activities includes meeting with sales and customers either through in-person meetings or being part of a conference call to learn about problems and needs.
An AWS solution architect, depending on where he/she works, may be required to focus more on products and not on customers, although the duties of an AWS solution architect mostly revolves around helping to design solutions for customer problems.
Another important duty that is carried out by an AWS solution architect is to design solutions to meet customer needs and business goals.
He/she is saddled with the responsibility of developing technical solutions and pre-sales deliverables to support customer goals which involves formulating solution plans and providing guidance on AWS architectural practices.
The Amazon web services solution architect may also be required to carry out a variety of tasks such as reviewing existing environments and/or planning new ones, traveling to onsite meetings with customers, writing scripts, and working on migration.
It is also highly important that the AWS solution architect stays up-to-date with the best practices of AWS solutions since AWS, like any other technology, is constantly evolving.
To work as an AWS solution architect individuals are required to possess certain skills and qualities, including flexibility and eagerness to learn, excellent verbal and written communication skills; good time management skills, business acumen, and good decision-making skills; attention to detail, strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, and AWS Solution Architect certification.
In terms of academic qualifications, it is important than individuals who want to become an AWS solution architect are certified, which means that they should be able to effectively demonstrate the knowledge to develop and deploy secure and robust applications on AWS technologies.
AWS Solution Architect Salary: The average salary for the AWS solution architect position, according to Payscale, is $141,841 annually.
AWS Solution Architect Job Description Example/Sample/Template
AWS solution architects perform the responsibilities:
- Performing lead role in translating business objectives and requirements into functional solutions
- Ensuring that all testing requirements as well as all test data are well-prepared and documented
- Making goals and objectives a priority and monitoring the work of others
- Leading and/or actively participating in brainstorming sessions to identify areas for process improvements
- Applying existing technologies in designing and developing technical solutions
- Meeting with sales and customers either through conference calls or in-person meetings
- Designing and developing technical solutions to meet customer needs and business goals
- Reviewing existing environments and/or planning new ones.
AWS Solution Architect Job Description for Resume
If you are writing a new resume or CV as someone who has worked before or are presently working as a AWS solution architect, it is important to add that work experience to your resume by including the professional experience section to it.
The professional or work experience section of your resume or CV is an opportunity for you to inform the recruiter/employer that you have been successful performing the duties and responsibilities of an Amazon web services solution architect.
This piece of information can be helpful to your resume/CV in getting the recruiter/employer to give you an interview, especially if the new position that you are seeking requires candidates to have some web services solution architect work experience to be hired.
You can create a compelling professional experience section for your resume/CV by applying the above AWS solution architect job description example.
AWS Solution Architect Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
If you are seeking to work as an Amazon Web Services solution architect, here are major requirements you may be expected to fulfill to be hired:
- Excellent time management skills, since an AWS solution architect will need to prioritize his/her time on projects
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills, since an AWS solution architect must be able to communicate his/her design to stakeholders and/or audiences with little or no technical knowledge
- Good decision-making skills, which gives him/her the ability to provide firm and clear perspectives that are secure, resilient, cost-efficient, and managed with operational excellence
- Flexibility and eagerness to learn, since an AWS solution architect must be open to learning the unique requirements of each project
- Strong technical skills such as basic programming knowledge, software development, continuous integration, and so on
- Several years of professional and/or proven-work experience in a relevant field
- An AWS solution architect certification which can be acquired by taking the AWS solution architect examination.
This post is helpful to individuals interested in the web services solution architect career with Amazon or other companies.
They will be able to learn all they need to know about the web services solution architect duties and decide if that’s the job they want to do.
It is also useful to recruiters/employers looking to find and hire the best candidate for the vacant web services solution architect position in their companies.
They can apply the sample AWS solution architect job description provided on this page in making a detailed description of the vacant position.