Personal Driver Job Description Example
What Does a Personal Driver Do?
The major responsibility of a personal driver is to convey his/her employer to places as instructed. This incorporates driving him or her to work and occasions.
The job description of a personal driver changes from employer to employer. Most times their duties and responsibilities are not constrained to conveying their employers, but depend on a number of factors like the nature of work of the employer and his/her way of life.
The role of a personal driver ranges from safely driving the employer to keeping the car neat.
It involves carrying out simple inspection and maintenance work like changing the oil and batteries, refueling the car(s), and repairing some minor faults, which can be mechanical or electrical in nature.
The driver will find out possible electrical or mechanical defects in the car and report to the employer for it to be taken to a technician for repair.
Personal drivers often double as personal assistants. So, a personal driver is expected to render other services to the employer aside the traditional driving duties and responsibilities, such as driving and maintaining the car(s).
The work description of a personal driver may also involve dropping off and picking up of the employer’s family members, friends or business associates from events, meetings, and airports.
He/she may also be asked by the employer to book air tickets, do some shopping, or deliver messages on his/her behalf.
Sometimes, the driver may be required to perform some menial office tasks like arrangement of files and cleaning the employer’s desk.
In addition to being able to perform their roles effectively, personal drivers should certain qualities, including being able to obey all traffic guidelines, possessing good driving skills, and appropriately authorized to drive vehicles.
Personal Driver Job Description Example
Here is an example of a personal driver job description highlighting the major duties, tasks, and responsibilities that most people employed in this role play.
- Safely and timely drive the employer to work and back, and to occasions
- Safely drive the employer’s relatives, visitors, business partners and associates to and from places authorized by the employer
- Ensure that the car is clean at all times by washing both its inside and outside parts
- Carry out routine inspection on the car to ensure that it is always in good condition
- Identify electrical and mechanical problems that may hinder smooth working of the car and carry out minor repairs and maintenance where necessary
- Consider different routes, check climate and traffic reports to decide the best time to travel and the best route to take
- Safely keep receipts for vehicle repairs and maintenance and other records and reports concerning the employer’s car(s)
- Keep a travel log to record locations travelled to, travel time, and work hours
- Carry out some modest office undertakings like organizing records, and cleaning the employer’s office and desk
- Carry out other assignments that may be given by the employer.
Personal Driver Resume Preparation
A resume will be required of you if you are seeking the job of a personal driver. You can make the experience section of your resume shine by adopting the sample job description given above.
The personal driver duties and responsibilities stated in the work description provide proof of you not only having the needed experience to do the job effectively, but also the right expertise.
Requirements – Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge – for the Personal Driver Job
To be considered for the job of personal driver, most employers will normally look for the skills and qualities stated below when screening candidates for the position.
It is generally believed that having such attributes will help the driver to perform excellently on his/her job description.
- Professionalism: An individual driver should dependably be proficient in his/her work. He/she should also appear smart at all times, wearing smart clothes or as ordered by the employer. He/she must discharge his/her obligations in a professional manner
- Watchful and Safety conscious: He/she should drive with consideration at all times, realizing that the lives of his/her passengers are in his/her hand, so to say. He/she ought to likewise consider the wellbeing of other road users.
- A personal driver must be an expert driver and properly licensed to drive. If he/she is a live-out driver, then he/she should ensure o be punctual to work daily.
- Depending on the nature of his/his employer, good conversational skills may also be very essential.
- In addition, the driver must take responsibility for all issues concerning his/her work.
Personal Driver Skills for Resume
The skills section is one of the important sections to have in your resume. It tells employers you have the right aptitude for the job.
The above stated skills and qualities can assist you in making a good skills section for your personal driver resume.
Did you enjoy our personal driver job description? Do leave a comment in the box below, and if you have some experience as a personal driver, do also share it.