Company Driver Job Description Example
What Does a Company Driver Do?
The company driver is responsible for conveying materials, equipment, and staff of the organization to the areas where they are required.
His/her job description might involve taking care of only a specific vehicle for the organization.
In some cases, the driver may likewise be tasked with driving different sorts of vehicles as circumstance requests.
So, he/she should be an expert driver, able to drive various types of vehicles –buses, trucks, et cetera.
Companies that engage in the manufacture and dispersion of items usually employ drivers to help in the distribution of their products.
Indeed, even organizations that take part in administrations still rely upon vehicle drivers for the transportation of their staff and other office materials now and again.
This post seeks to highlight the set of working responsibilities of a company driver.
The company driver’s role entails keeping up the vehicles that he or she drives.
He/she is to inspect the vehicles and perform basic support undertakings like changing the oil, refueling the car(s), changing the batteries, and checking and repairing some minor issues.
He/she recognizes electrical or mechanical faults in the vehicles and reports to the dispatcher or supervisor whose duty it is to arrange to take it to a mechanic or electrician.
The driver is also saddled with the obligation of guaranteeing that the vehicles are constantly kept perfect and clean.
Along these lines, he/she either washes the vehicles consistently or takes them to a car wash shop.
He/she might be required to convey and get packages, drop, and pick up clothing, and buy lunch for managers, supervisors and other senior specialists on solicitation.
The company driver work description may also entail dropping and picking up staff and business partners of the organization from gatherings, airplane terminals et cetera.
Asides all these, the driver should be proficient in the services he/she renders, and comply with all traffic rules.
In addition, he/she must be appropriately authorized to drive vehicles.
Company Driver Job Description Example
The company driver is assigned various duties, tasks, and responsibilities at the different organizations where they work.
Here is an example of a company driver job description you will likely be handed if newly employed:
- Load and unload organization’s merchandize
- Precisely finish all paper work connected with conveyance of merchandize
- Transport products, materials, and staff securely to areas where they are needed
- Guarantee that products and staff are protected and secured
- Answer clients’ inquiries as brilliantly as could be allowed
- Ensure timely conveyance of staff and materials to and from places as instructed by supervisor or the manager
- Ensure that vehicles are kept perfect and clean at all times by washing both the inside and outside parts of the vehicle
- Carry out routine checks on vehicles and ensure they are sound
- Recognize electrical and mechanical faults and report to the employer or technician
- Report any instance of mishap or accident to the dispatcher or supervisor
- Perform periodic maintenance on vehicles, such as changing batteries and motor oil at appropriate time, as well as refueling the car(s).
- Report any case of accident, injury or damage of vehicles to the supervisor or manager
- Keep all records, including receipts for vehicle maintenance
- Keep up a travel log to record areas travelled to, travel time, and work hours
- Perform some other undertakings like shopping, dropping and picking clothing, getting lunch, and running errands
- Pay tolls and other fundamental vehicle demands
- Dress professionally and in accordance with company’s dress code.
Company Driver Resume Preparation
When applying for the job of a company driver, you will need to present a resume that shows your experience for the job.
To make this part of the resume, the above sample job description can be applied. It has the relevant duties and responsibilities that form the day to day work activities of a driver in a company.
Essential Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge Required of a Company Driver
To succeed on the role of a driver for a company, developing the following skills and qualities will be beneficial:
- Experience: A company driver should have the capacity to carry out his/her obligations in an expert way. He/she should constantly dress in line with the organization’s clothing regulation, and should have the capacity to relate well with associates and clients
- Trained and Skilled: A company driver must be very much trained. Moreover, he/she ought to be a skilled driver and must have the necessary authorization to drive
- He/she should have sufficient knowledge of traffic laws and hold fast entirely to them
- Physical Strength: The work frequently includes loading and unloading of materials and equipment. So, a company driver must be strong enough to lift heavy loads frequently
- He/she must have a clean driving record
- He/she must be a safety conscious person
- He/she must be focused, confident, and observant.
Company Driver Skills for Resume
Your resume for the company driver role should also have the skilled section to make it more effective on employers.
You can also make this section by using the above highlighted skills required to succeed as a driver working for a company.
Did you find our company driver job description useful? We will love to hear from you, please make your comment in the box below.
You can also share your work experience as a company driver if you are one.