Burger King Crew Member Job Description, Duties, and Responsibilities
What Does a Burger King Crew Member Do?
Burger King Crew Members have the responsibility to ensure the provision of great service and support to restaurant guests.
Working closely with other team members and the restaurant managers, which may include the shift coordinator, assistant manager, and the general manager, the crew member’s job description entails maintaining procedures and operational standards.
He/she is required to welcome guests by greeting them with a warm smile; take orders from guests and process their payments, as well as respond to quickly and resolve whatever issues customers may have.
His/her role also involves operating POS (Point of Sales) devices or the cash register to receive payment and applying value-added suggestive selling technique to sell additional service or products to customers.
The crew member at Burger King is also responsible for verifying customers’ orders to be sure that they are accurate, as well as preparing and packaging of drinks and food products to be delivered to customers.
His/her duties also entail cleaning utensils, counters, and the kitchen and food preparation areas. It also includes cleaning exterior grounds, restrooms, and the dinning room.
In carrying out his/her tasks at a Burger King restaurant, the team member must ensure that health and safety standards are maintained at the work place.
His/her work description also involves ensuring that inventory items are unloaded and stocked appropriately.
He/she must be prepared to work at multiple workstations as may be assigned by the manager, including the front counter, prep boards, expediter, and Drive-Thru.
Also, he/she must be ready to work shift, and must attend to his/her assigned shift promptly.
Another aspect of a crew member’s job description is to ensure Burger King grooming and uniform policies and standards are adhered to always.
He/she is also expected to be a problem solver in the restaurant, and so is expected to assist in resolving issues that may arise between co-workers themselves, or between workers and guests.
To be successful on the job and achieve team goals, the crew member is expected to learn team effectiveness skills.
He/she must respond politely and professionally to the needs of guests, and communicate with customers, managers, and peers in a positive manner.
Burger King Crew Member Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Restaurant crew members at Burger King perform various functions in providing the best possible service to guests.
The tasks, duties, and responsibilities highlighted below aptly describe the kind of job description commonly assigned to individuals who work as crew members at Burger King restaurants.
- Provide exceptional service and hospitality to guests consistently
- Ensure food safety standards and proper personal hygiene when handling foods
- Ensure uniformed, professional, neat, and well-groomed appearance always
- Adhere to all restaurant’s policies, including work attendance and conduct of team members
- Provide accurate information to guests regarding product knowledge, promotional information, etc.
- Ensure safety of guests and colleagues by adhering to company safety standards always
- Correctly complete the Safe Food/Quality Control Checklist to ensure food safety practices
- Attend to comments from guests courteously and promptly
- Carry out primary position responsibilities correctly and timely
- Carry out secondary position duties accurately and timely after completing the primary responsibilities
- Carry out back-up support correctly and timely after completing secondary duties
- Responsible for answering the telephone professionally and courteously, and within three rings.
Requirements – Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge – for the Role of a Burger King Crew Member
When hiring for the crew member position at Burger King, applicants are usually required to have certain abilities, skills, and knowledge that will help them to succeed on the job.
Below are common requirements you may be asked to satisfy to be given an interview appointment for the crew member job position at Burger King:
- Must be 16 years of age or more to work in a Burger King restaurant
- Willing and ability to complete all tasks assigned to you at the restaurant
- Strong ability to work in a fast-paced work setting without making mistakes on assigned duties
- Strong ability to work collaboratively in a team environment to achieve set goals, and to interact effectively with co-workers
- Strong ability to effectively resolve customer issues, and/or problems among co-workers
- Ability to work flexible schedules
- Strong reading and writing skills, and ability to communicate effectively with management, guests, and team members
- Strong knowledge of food safety
- Possess a high sense of urgency in work delivery
- Strong ability to stand, walk, handle, and lift items weighing 21-50 lbs constantly.
If you are an employer in the process of hiring for the position of crew member for a Burger King restaurant, the sample job description and information on this page will be helpful to you in making a great description for the position in your company.
A good job description will enable you to attract the best qualified people for interview and eventually boost your team strength.
This article will also help individuals interested in working with Burger King restaurants to learn about what team members do and get properly prepared for the job.
Did this post help you to learn about the duties and responsibilities of Burger King crew members? Do share what you think about this article in the comment box below. Do also share your job description if you work as a team member in a Burger King restaurant.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.