Burger King Cashier Job Description, Duties, and Responsibilities
What Does a Burger King Cashier Do?
The cashier at Burger King performs various functions in ensuring that the customer gets a friendly and personalized service in addition to great food promptly served in a clean and welcoming environment.
His/her job description entails taking orders and receiving payment from guests, ensuring a clean environment, stocking food items and other materials required for the smooth running of the restaurant, and answering to issues and problems affecting guests.
Reporting to the Store Manager, the Burger King cashier’s role typically involves greeting customers as they come into the restaurant and taking their orders.
They also provide customers menu information, just as they look for opportunity to up-sell restaurant products.
The cashier is responsible for operating the cash register; they receive payments from guests either in cash or in credit card and ensure the correct change is given to customers.
The cashier is expected to adhere to all company cash handling and customer service procedures and policies while performing his/her duties.
His/her work description also entails cleaning and stocking customer and work areas. It also involves helping to identify, reconcile, and verify the correctness of transactions by customers.
Cashiers working at Burger King also usually perform the tasks of transferring equipment and supplies between work and storage areas by applying a cart or by hand.
They also may be required by the manager to assist in carrying out various kitchen-related duties.
Receiving inventory, lifting, and moving products and supplies such as food and beverage also form part of a Burger King Cashier job description.
He/she is expected to have current knowledge of all products and services offered by the unit he/she works in.
It is also important for the cashier to understand and follow established company food handling procedures such as wrapping, dating, storing, labelling, stocking, checking products’ temperature, and rotating.
The cashier also needs to know how to clean and sanitize equipment and work station.
Burger King Job Description Example/Sample/Template
The job description of a cashier at Burger King commonly consists of various tasks, duties, and responsibilities that seek to ensure effective operation of its stores and provide the best services to customers.
The following job description example aptly captures the role of cashiers at Burger King restaurants:
- Develop and ensure professional working relationships with guests and colleagues
- Greet and welcome guests warmly within 30 seconds as they enter the restaurant; ensure customers are comfortably seated as quickly as a table is available
- Improve quality of guest service by rotating station seating
- Ask guest about the quality of service received so as to maintain and improve upon it if good; may respond to and resolve guest complaints; thank guests for coming and invite them to repeat patronage
- Handle cash correctly and responsibly
- Perform cash drops frequently by following company policies on cash control; produce interim cash reports, carry out register readings, and count cash register receipts
- Take and answer the telephone, receive messages, and receive and carry out all To Go orders
- Keep checks from guests in numerical order
- Keep a waiting list if necessary
- Check every hour and ensure cleanliness and proper stock levels at restrooms
- Clean floors, booths, and chairs after guests depart; also clean, clear, and reset tables
- Carry out all cleaning duties following posted charts for cleaning
- Adhere to company guidelines on appearance and uniform standards
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned by the supervisor or manager.
Requirements – Abilities, Knowledge, and Skills – for the Role of a Burger King Cashier
If you are seeking the job of a cashier at Burger King, there are requirements, including skills, abilities, and knowledge that you will be expected to meet to qualify for the position. The following shows the major ones:
- Strong ability to read, understand, and carry out instructions, memos, and correspondence; ability to write correspondence
- Proficiency in English, to speak, read, and understand instructions and checks from guests; and also to understand safety labels, warnings, policy document; and to communicate effectively with colleagues and management
- Strong simple math skills, including performing additions, subtractions, multiplications, and divisions in all units of measure applying whole numbers, decimals, and common fractions
- Strong ability to effectively carry out instructions given in oral, written, or diagrammatic form by applying common sense understanding
- Strong ability to interact with guests and co-workers in a cordial, exciting, and enthusiastic manner
- Ability to twist, stand, and bend to carry out functions; ability to push and/or lift objects weighing more than 40lbs
- Experience handling cash and performing customer service duties.
If you are looking to create a job description for a cashier position at Burger King, this post provides you the information and sample copy to follow in creating a good one.
Job seekers interested in the cashier career at Burger King will also find this post helpful in learning about the duties and responsibilities they will be expected to perform if hired for the job.
Did this post help you understand what cashiers at Burger King do? Please, leave a comment of your view about this article in the box below. You can also share your job description if you work as a cashier at Burger King.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.