This post focuses on the job description of a USPS sales service distribution associate, to help you learn the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that they usually perform.
It highlights the major requirements you may be expected to fulfill if you are applying to work as a sales service distribution associate at the United States Postal Service, as well as the salary for the role.
Please, read on:
What Does a Sales Service Distribution Associate Do?
A USPS sales service distribution associate is responsible for delivering mail to customers’ homes or businesses. They are often called letter carriers; the job involves walking a route that covers several miles.
Sales service distribution associates fill out forms, such as change-of-address cards, bills, and other documents, and may deliver packages and parcels.
They may help customers with special needs, like those who have trouble getting around or need assistance using an electronic device.
They ensure that all items delivered by the post office are properly addressed and stamped.
The USPS sales service distribution associate job description entails making sure that letters and packages get to their destination on time.
It also involves working closely with others at the post office, including supervisors, managers, and clerks.
The sales service distribution associate at USPS helps customers find the right place to send their mail.
They assist customers with mailing materials and answering questions about postal services, as well as helping to ensure that mail gets to where it is supposed to go.
USPS sales service distribution associates work closely with the Postal Service’s operations and maintenance staffs to ensure effective distribution of mails to customers’ homes and businesses.
They make sure that mail goes from one location to another without missing any stops along the way and provide customer support for the U.S. Postal Service’s products and services.
They also work with customers to determine how best to meet their needs and will visit customers’ homes and businesses to provide them with information about the Postal Service and its products.
USPS Sales Service Distribution Associate Job Description Sample/Example/Template
Here are some of the key tasks, duties, and responsibilities that make up the USPS sales service distribution associate job description:
- Deliver mail to customers
- Collect mail from customers
- Assist with the delivery of parcels
- Provide support for other staff
- Maintain records
- Deliver all mail at the scheduled time
- Pick up mail from customers’ homes or businesses
- Process customer payments
- Pay for items ordered online
- Assist with the delivery of parcels
- Receive a parcel from a courier company and deliver it to its destination
- Fill out change-of-address forms and other paperwork
- Deliver mail to customer’s homes or businesses
- Help customers with special needs
- Assist customers with special equipment
- Answer questions from customers
- Handle large volumes of mail
- Maintain records and files
- Follow all safety rules
- Keep up-to-date with new technology
- Ensure proper postage is applied
- Make sure mail gets delivered
- Attend training sessions
- Report any problems to supervisors
- Comply with company policies and procedures.
USPS Sales Service Distribution Associate Job Description for Resume
If you have worked as a sales service distribution associate at USPS before or you are presently working in that role and are writing a resume or CV for a new position, you can show that experience in the Professional Experience section of your resume by applying the USPS sales service distribution associate job description example above.
By highlighting the duties and responsibilities of the USPS sales service distribution associate from the sample job description above in your resume’s Professional Experience, you will be showing to employers/recruiters that you have been effective on the sales service distribution associate role at the USPS.
This information can help boost your resume to win you an interview, especially if the new job that you are seeking requires someone with some sales service distribution associate work experience.
USPS Sales Service Distribution Associate Requirements: Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
Here are major requirements you might be asked to meet if you are seeking to work at the United States Postal Service as a sales service distribution associate:
- Strong understanding of English, including ability to read, write, and communicate with co-workers and management in English
- Possess diploma or its equivalent educational qualification
- Ability to pass a background check for drug use and criminal activities
- Must be able perform physical activities such as lifting, pulling, pushing, carrying, climbing, bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, crawling, reaching, twisting, turning, standing, walking, sitting, and working at heights
- Ability to lift 50 pounds items sometimes and 25 pounds regularly
- Must be able handle stress well
- Must be able work flexible hours
- Must be able follow instructions
- Must be able maintain confidentiality
- Must be able communicate effectively
- Be flexible, with the ability to adapt to changes in workplace.
USPS Sales Service Distribution Associate Salary
The average USPS sales service distribution associate compensation is $20 per hour, according to Glassdoor. The salary ranges from $10 to $26 ($20,000 to $52,000) for distribution associates in the US Postal Service.
This post is helpful to individuals interested in working as a sales service distribution associate at USPS; it has provided detailed information about the duties and responsibilities they perform, to enable them decide if working as a sales service distribution associate at the United States Postal Service is what they want.
do and how they do it. This can help you decide if this career path is right for you. We hope we were helpful!