When making an accounts receivable resume objective statement, it is important to make it compelling to grab the recruiter/employer’s attention and boost your chances of being hired for the accounts receivable job that you are seeking.
If you you’re looking to craft a killer accounts receivable resume objective that’ll catch the hiring manager’s eye, then you’ve come to the right place.
Writing a solid objective statement for resume or CV is crucial for landing accounts receivable jobs. But trying to come up with the perfect one can make your brain feel fried.
Not to worry, we’ve got you covered.
In this post, we’ll walk you through everything you need to know to write a resume objective for an accounts receivable position with serious wow-factor.
You’ll get actionable tips, plenty of examples, and even a peek inside the mind of recruiters reviewing your application.
By the end of this post, you’ll have a stand-out objective for your resume tailored perfectly for scoring your next accounts receivable opportunity.
So what are we waiting for? Let’s dive in and take your accounts receivable resume to the next level.
How to Write an Effective Accounts Receivable Resume Objective
When crafting your accounts receivable resume objective statement, keep these tips in mind:
- Research the accounts receivable job description
Review the accounts receivable job posting and highlight keywords related to required and preferred skills, duties, qualifications, etc. Include these in your objective.
- Highlight relevant skills and experience
Feature any skills, abilities, and experience that align with the accounts receivable position. This shows why you’re a great fit.
- Keep it concise
When crafting your objective statement for your accounts receivable resume, it is important to keep it concise and direct. Aim for a paragraph of 2 3 sentences to capture the reader’s attention.
- Target your objective statement to the specific company
Customize your resume objective to meet the requirements of the company for the accounts receivable position they want to fill. Take note of the company’s name and demonstrate in your objective that you comprehend their needs.
- Show the benefits you are bringing
Highlight what you are bringing to the table as an accounts receivable person if you are hired, and emphasize how your skills and experience can contribute to the success of the company.
Orient your accounts receivable objective around how you can benefit the employer, not just your career goals.
- Match the tone
Mirror the company’s voice and culture. Stay professional but conversational.
Let your personality and enthusiasm come through while keeping your objective targeted and succinct.
With an engaging intro, you’ll stand out among applicants!
Top 25 Accounts Receivable Resume Objective Examples
Here are 25 sample accounts receivable objective statements that you can get some ideas and inspiration from in making one for your resume or CV:
- Recent college graduate with robust internship experience seeks to jumpstart a career as Accounts Receivable Specialist at ABC Company where a detail-oriented competence to handle AR tasks with accuracy will be employed to help the Company thrive.
- Experienced Accounts Receivable professional desires to take the next step as Accounts Receivable Lead at XYZ Corp. where 5+ years of know-how in helping past teams boost efficiency, cash flow, and bottom line through process improvements, will be put to work.
- Diligent Accounts Receivable Clerk hopes to join the busy team at DEF Company where stellar skills as well as over 10 years in industry experience that demonstrates mastery in tackling invoices, payments, discrepancies, etc. will be leveraged to keep the Company’s AR processes humming.
- Organized, proactive Accounts Receivable Associate seeks a role at GHI Solutions to put 7 years of experience to use in achieving accurate database management, reporting, customer service, etc. for the Company.
- Highly analytical Accounts Receivable Specialist loves to bring exceptional data analysis skills to JKL Company so as to optimize its AR operations. Possess excellent knack for spotting trends and enhancing processes that can help take Company’s cash flow to the next level.
- Fresh graduate seeks to kick off an Accounts Receivable career with the team at MNO Company where a robust education and internship experience to help crush vital AR responsibilities elegantly will be leveraged.
- Friendly-face Accounts Receivable talent seeks a role at PQR Co. to deploy 5+ years of correctly handling AR tasks and responsibilities, as well as putting refined customer service abilities to good work for the organization.
- Thorough, diligent Accounts Receivable Specialist with impeccable specialty in crunching numbers hopes to join the hardworking team at STU Inc. to deploy 3+ solid years of experience in resolving discrepancies to keep Company books squeaky clean.
- Experienced Accounts Receivable Clerk hungry for a new challenge at VXY Group where a long streak of past success collecting payments and keeping clients happy will be put to use.
- Enthusiastic Accounting graduate and quick learner is eager to launch career as Accounts Receivable Associate at YZAB Company where vigorous internship experience in tackling invoices, database management, reporting will be deployed.
- Seasoned Accounts Receivable Lead seeks to work at BCD Solutions where 10+ years of steering impressive results for teams would help get the Company’s AR operation running smoothly.
- Experienced, results-driven Accounts Receivable Specialist with strong analytical abilities and sound judgment hopes to join the team at EFG Inc. where 8+ years of resolving account issues and implementing improvements that deliver real productivity will be applied to help take Company financial processes to new heights.
- Personable Accounts Receivable professional with 5+ years refining customer service skills desires to bring expertise resolving billing discrepancies and improving client experiences in the team as an Accounts Receivable Clerk with XVF Company.
- Diligent Accounts Receivable Specialist with 3+ years of experience seeks a role at KLM Industries where exceptional skills in QuickBooks, Excel, and reporting, as well as organizational skills and attention to detail will be put to work for Company’s AR needs.
- Ambitious Accounts Receivable professional desires a new challenge at NOP Corp. where 5+ years streamlining workflows, boosting accuracy, and collaborating with various teams will come handy in running Company AR operations smoothly.
- Motivated Accounts Receivable Specialist with 4 years of proven experience reducing DSO, teaming up with sales, and catching billing errors, seeks to bring unmatched analytical abilities and passion for continuous improvement to QRS Company.
- Accurate, analytical Accounts Receivable Associate desires a position at TUV Logistics where 8 years of experience of improved systems management and processes will be employed to boost AR productivity
- Friendly Accounts Receivable professional with 7+ years working with patients and insurance companies to facilitate timely payments, seeks to bring experience and empathy to the team at WXY Healthcare in a client-facing Accounts Receivable role.
- Diligent Accounts Receivable Specialist eager to join the team at ZAB Corp. where expertise in Sage 50 and Excel, plus 5+ years of ensuring accurate books and improved cash flow will be relevant in running Company’s AR needs.
- Proactive Accounts Receivable Clerk with 3+ solid years of experience seeks a position at CDE Company where versatile skills in databases, invoicing, collections, and finding process improvements will help the company run efficiently.
- Highly organized Accounts Receivable professional with 5+ years reducing DSO through timely invoicing, statements, and collections, seeks to bring expertise to FGH Industries to boost efficiency and cash flow.
- Recent Business Administration graduate desires to jumpstart career as Accounts Receivable Associate at IJK Solutions where extensive internship experience in handling invoicing, reporting, and anything else will be useful.
- Experienced Accounts Receivable Specialist hopes for a role at LMN Construction where solid expertise in QuickBooks, Excel, reporting, and databases will help in tackling AR responsibilities head-on.
- Proven Accounts Receivable Lead with 10+ years of driving results hopes to take the team at OPQ Inc. to the next level where training new professionals and finding new ways to enhance operations will be useful.
- Focused and friendly Accounts Receivable professional seeks the next challenge at RST Logistics where 9 years of helping several teams succeed, as well as experience building client relationships, resolving issues tactfully, and ensuring timely payments, will help the Company immensely.
Accounts Receivable Skills, Abilities, Experience, and Education for Resume Objective
When applying for accounts receivable positions, there are several key qualifications you’ll want to highlight in your resume objective statement.
Here are some of the main abilities, skills, certifications, education, experience, and training hiring managers look for, which you should have in your accounts receivable resume objective:
- Personal Abilities:
- Accuracy and attention to detail: AR roles require meticulous data entry and record-keeping
- Organization and time management: you’ll need to juggle multiple tasks and deadlines
- Effective communication skills: individuals working as in an accounts receivable position should be able to communicate with clients through emails, and collaborate seamlessly with colleagues
- Strong analytical thinking abilities: the position also requires the ability to identify errors or discrepancies and find solutions
- Multitasking capabilities: the accounts receivable job also requires the ability to handle multiple responsibilities and projects simultaneously.
2. Key Skills
- Proficiency in mathematics and accounting; understanding the principles of accounts AR) and performing calculations
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite; utilizing Excel for reporting purposes; Word for written correspondence, etc.
- Exceptional customer service skills; ensuring positive customer experiences and timely payment processing.
- Industry software: Experience with major programs like QuickBooks, Peachtree, etc.
- Critical thinking: Investigate and resolve account issues.
- Certified Accounts Receivable Professional (CARP)
- Certified Medical Accounts Receivable Specialist (CMARS)
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certifications
- QuickBooks Certified User.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, or in a related business field
- Associate’s degree or courses in accounting or bookkeeping.
- 1-3 years of experience performing accounts receivable duties
- Experience in related roles like Billing Clerk, Accounting Assistant, etc.
- Internships completed during college.
- On-the-job training using company software/databases
- Continuing education courses in accounting, finance, etc.
- Company-specific AR processes and guidelines.
By now, you’ve got all the ingredients to cook up a killer resume objective for an accounts receivable job.
We went over:
- Why objectives matter
- Tips for writing an effective one
- 25 examples for inspiration
- Key qualifications to highlight in your accounts receivable resume objective.
See? Crafting an impressive objective isn’t so daunting after all.
The examples above have given you some ideas to jumpstart your own personalized resume objective statement.
And the tips helped you learn exactly what hiring managers for accounts receivable job positions want to see.
So, take all these nuggets and start brainstorming the perfect objective for your next accounts receivable application.
- Keep it targeted and concise
- Highlight your skills and experience relevant to accounts receivable
- Tailor your accounts receivable resume objective statement to each company and role
- Let your personality shine through.
Do the above and you’ll increase your chances of having recruiters invite you to an interview and hiring you for the accounts receivable position that you are seeking.>> Create a professional resume in only 3 steps with the Awesome Resume Builder (it's free!) and increase your interview call ups.