This post provides exhaustive information on the Target guest services attendant job description, to help you learn the work that they do.
It presents the key tasks, duties, and responsibilities that commonly make up the Target guest services attendant work description.
This article also highlights the major requirements you may be asked to fulfill if you are seeking the guest services attendant role at Target or other similar companies.
Please, read on:
What Does the Target Guest Services Attendant Do?
The Target guest services attendant job description entails greeting guests, answering questions related to the store, and assisting with additional information, as well as ensuring that customers have a great experience while they are at the store.
It also involves presenting a receipt at the end of their shift in a designated area for guests to see as acknowledgement that they were assisted during that shift and get any store offers or discounts on their receipt from the company.
Guest services attendant at Target clear out carts, bags, or baskets of partially filled items to make room for new merchandise throughout the day as needed per guest volume.
They also put themselves in between guests and other staff members to prevent any mistreatment
A Target guest services attendant is responsible for operating cash registers, cleaning the floor of the store, windows, and other areas of the store as needed.
The attendant is in charge of guests and their needs in the retail store.
Furthermore, the guest services attendant’s duties involve stocking shelves and making sure that merchandise is placed according to the planogram.
It includes keeping floors vacuumed throughout shifts as needed and decorating the store with appropriate in-store signage and seasonal merchandise as directed by the supervisor.
Target guest services attendants are also responsible for keeping all equipment clean, maintained, and working properly during their shift per corporate guidelines.
They will hand out flyers as needed and may assist with carrying groceries or other items for guests.
More tips on Target Guest Services Attendant Job Description
It is also the duty of the guest services attendant to rotate and put on displays as directed by their supervisor, and to clean up the outside of the store and parking lot areas as needed.
Attendants are responsible for properly cleaning all aisles, floors, and bathrooms throughout their shift according to corporate guidelines.
They will give out customer rewards at the end of their shift if they have been asked to do so by their supervisor during that shift.
In addition, and will set up all the items needed for the next day by simply filling out an order plan and ensuring that all equipment is ready with proper signage in place.
The attendant will notify a supervisor if they are unable to perform one of the various responsibilities of a Target guest services attendant that are detailed within this article.
Target guest services attendants also maintain safety and security by monitoring conditions.
These include checking for possible fire hazards and ensuring proper lighting of restrooms, exits, cashier areas, fitting rooms, and other public areas.
Target Guest Services Attendant Job Description Sample/Example/Template
The Target guest services attendant job description consists of the following tasks, duties, and responsibilities:
- Greets customers cheerfully with a smile and making them feel a warm welcome
- Assists customers find items in stores
- Helps customers who need assistance finding merchandise or directions to the right area of the store
- Provides information to customers regarding products and services available at the store
- Ensures that guests are provided with courteous and prompt service
- Provides customer service for guests who have questions or issues concerning purchases
- Maintains cleanliness of the store by cleaning floors, walls, restrooms, etc.
- May be required to assist customers with special needs such as wheelchairs, strollers, hearing aids, etc.
- Conducts self-service checkout procedures when possible
- Keeps cash registers stocked with money and supplies
- Removes trash from the floor
- Ensures that all areas of the store are kept neat and orderly
- Keeps shelves well stocked with merchandise
- Hands out promotional materials and coupons
- Receives and tracks merchandise returns
- Handles lost property
- Sets up displays
- Ensures merchandise is priced correctly
- Prepares shopping carts for return to registers
- Answers customer questions about merchandise or policies
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Target Guest Services Attendant Job Description for Resume
If you are creating a new resume or CV as someone who has worked before in the role of a guest services attendant at Target or are presently working in that position, you can make an effective Professional Experience section for your resume by applying the sample Target guest services attendant job description above.
You can show that you have been successful working as a guest services attendant by highlighting the duties and responsibilities of the role in your resume’s Professional Experience section by applying the Target guest services attendant job description example above.
This piece of information can help you get an interview from the recruiter/employer, especially if the new position that you are applying for requires someone with some work experience as a guest services attendant with Target or other companies in its industry.
Target Guest Services Attendant Requirements: Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
If you are seeking to work at Target or other companies as a guest services attendant, here are some of the major requirements you may be expected to fulfill:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have reliable transportation
- Dependable and trustworthy
- Willing to work flexible hours
- Hold a valid driver’s license
- Have good communication skills
- Physically fit and able to lift items of 50 pounds or more several times a day
- Have strong eyesight and normal color vision
Target guest services attendant must have the ability to:
- work overtime if necessary
- hear and see clearly
- utilize both hands and fingers
- tolerate dust, fumes, smoke, odors, noise, vibration, extremes of temperature and humidity
- bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb ladders and stairs
- work without supervision and under pressure
- perform duties standing for long hours daily
- work with chemicals.
Target Guest Services Attendant Salary
According to Glassdoor, the average hourly wage for a Target guest services attendant is $13.00 per hour ($26,000 per annum).
The salary for a Target guest services attendant can range from $9 to $18 per hour.
This post is helpful to individuals interested in working as a guest services attendant with Target or other similar companies; they will be able to learn all they need to know about the target guest services attendant’s duties and responsibilities.
It is also helpful to recruiters/employers needing to hire for the guest services attendant role.
They can create a detailed description of the role for their companies by applying the sample Target guest services attendant job description provided on this page.