In this article, we explore all about the State Farm sales representative job description, to help you learn what they do.
We highlight the key tasks, duties, and responsibilities that majorly make up the sales representative’s work at the State Farm.
The requirements you will need to meet to be hired as a sales rep with State Farm or other like insurance company are also presented in this post, together with the salary expectation for the role.
What Does a State Farm Sales Representative Do?
The State Farm sales representative job description entails establishing sales possibilities for new clients, promoting items to existing customers by discovering requirements, and retaining current customers’ business through customer service activities.
It also involves establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with new and existing customers, and assuring that the customers’ needs are met.
State Farm sales representatives have the responsibility to ensure that all new sales initiatives are conducted in an ethical, fair, and considerate manner.
They must possess a dedication to quality customer service by creating a positive image of the product or service in question.
Sales representatives are responsible for developing and maintaining a good reputation within their organization by developing, maintaining, and leveraging personal relationships.
They are able to handle multiple client issues simultaneously, identify unresolved situations, and report these issues to management.
In addition, the State Farm sales representative’s work description involves finding creative solutions to unforeseen problems that may arise in the course of their sales activities.
Sales reps at the State Farm must be able to effectively develop solutions to customer needs and save the organization from operating inefficiencies and the potential liability of litigation.
They are required to master and stay current with the latest methods and knowledge related to their solution selling business.
Sales representatives must be able to maintain a high level of productivity in order to generate the levels of revenue necessary for success.
They ensure that all tasks are completed in a timely manner in order to meet or exceed the expectations of the manager, clients, and other interested parties.
It also involves managing several large-scale projects at one time; managing these projects through multiple teams, each with their own leaders, as well as being accountable for high performance from each respective team member.
More on State Farm Sales Representative Job Description
Furthermore, the sales representative is responsible for the timely and accurate completion of all sales reports, regardless of complexity.
They are also responsible for the development and implementation of creative methods to develop new sales opportunities within their assigned territory.
State Farm sales representatives must be able to effectively troubleshoot problems when interacting with customers, and develop solutions to both known problems and future potential issues.
They can do this by doing their own research, identifying solutions to problems using available resources, and then implementing the solutions found, in an ethical, fair, and considerate manner.
State Farm sales representatives must be able to effectively manage the sales and operational budgets of their assigned territory in order to meet or exceed sales goals.
They must have the ability to develop a positive relationship with customers by presenting a firm, yet friendly demeanor, and by presenting an honest response as to their ability to meet/exceed customers’ expectations in every situation.
It is also the duty of the sales rep at State Farm to support all area managers with information about the Company’s product line, as well as supporting area managers with information about any new developments involving the Company.
The sales representative will make recommendations on insurance coverage for State Farm’s clients and provide information about other products and services that may be appropriate for their needs.
State Farm Sales Representative Job Description Example/Sample/Template
The State Farm sales representative job description consists of the following duties, tasks, and responsibilities:
- Provide advice to customers regarding their insurance needs
- Answer questions from customers
- Explain policies and procedures to customers
- Assist in processing claims for customers
- Resolve customer complaints
- Ensure all documentations are completed accurately
- Follow up on outstanding issues
- Keep accurate records of customer transactions. (This includes keeping track of payments made.)
- Render professional service, promptly and courteously to customers
- Treat customers fairly and with respect
- Handle calls promptly and accurately
- Complete necessary forms accurately
- Have thorough knowledge of State Farm products and services
- Promote State Farm’s interests and those of its agents
- Know how to use computer software programs
- Comply with company rules and regulations
- Work effectively within a team environment
- Respect confidentiality
- Support fellow workers
- Participate in community activities.
State Farm Sales Representative Job Description for Resume
If you are currently working as a sales representative with State Farm or have worked there before in that role, you can share your work experience in the Professional Experience section of the resume/CV by applying the sample State Farm sales representative job description sample above.
You can apply the duties and responsibilities provided in the above job description in your resume to show that you have been successful working as a sales representative with State Farm.
This can boost your resume/CV greatly and increase your chances of being hired, especially if some work experience as a sales representative with State Farm or other similar companies is required to be employed for the new position.
State Farm Sales Representative Requirements: Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
To qualify for hiring for the sales representative role with State Farm or other companies in its industry, here are some of the major requirements you might be expected to meet:
- Completed a High School and obtained a Diploma or its equivalent and be 8 years old minimum
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record
- Excellent understanding of the English language to communicate effectively in writing and speaking
- Physically fit to stand for long hours on a stretch and lift 50 pounds or more occasionally
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
State Farm Sales Representatives should have the ability to:
- effectively perform assigned tasks solely and collectively in a team
- travel extensively and frequently
- work effectively in a stressful environment and meet deadlines
- tolerate working conditions such as extreme heat, cold, noise, etc.
- work overtime hours if needed
- bend, stoop, squat, kneel, twist, turn, crouch, climb stairs, crawl, reach above shoulder level, push and pull objects weighing less.
State Farm Sales Representative Salary
Currently, the average annual income for an insurance sales representative is $34,250 according to Glassdoor.
State Farm insurance sales representative wages vary depending on years of experience, region, and other criteria.
The state farm sales representative is an entry-level position. This occupation requires little formal education.
However, the ability to read, write, and speak English is essential. Most employers prefer applicants with some college experience.