Software Engineer Salary in Maine and How to Increase It
The salary of a software engineer in Maine is $85,283 yearly.
This post presents exhaustive information on the salary of a software engineer in Maine, U.S., and the possible ways to increase it, including the major cities and companies that pay the highest salaries to software engineers in Maine.
Please, read on:
The State, Maine is located in the Northeastern region of the U.S. and it’s a region that is a pace setter in terms of software engineering salaries.
In Maine, software engineers earn a salary that is 15% lower than the National average and 38% above. Salary in Maine is $85,283 yearly with $4,000 as bonus.
Software Engineer Salary across the State of Maine
Salaries in cities across the State of Maine vary; cities like Augusta, Sanford, and Saco all pay high salaries, even higher than some States.
The salary in the State of Maine is high and a big attraction for software engineers.
Highest Paying Cities for Software Engineers in Maine
The table below represents the top paying cities in the State of Maine for software engineers:
|City||Salary (Yearly ($))|
Software Engineer Salary Based on Skill in Maine
Listed below are the earning potentials of relevant skills in the software engineer field. The percentage earned is added to their yearly salary:
- Scala skilled software engineers earn 24.30%, which is $20,723 more to their yearly salary.
- Os kernel skilled software engineers earn 17.55%, which adds up to $14,967 to their salary.
- Big Data skilled software engineers earn 17.35%, which is $14,796 as added to their yearly salary.
- Microservices skilled software engineers get 16.13%, which earns them $13,756 to their yearly salary.
- Machine Learning skilled software engineers earn 11.71%, which is $9,986 added salary.
- Data Structures skilled software engineers earn 10.99%, which adds up to $9,372 to their yearly salary.
Software Engineer Salary Based on Experience in the State of Maine
Listed below are the levels of years of experience for software engineers in Maine and how they potentially earn down the years:
- -1 year of experience earns a yearly salary of $83,025.
- 1 – 2 years of experience earns $85,299 yearly.
- 3 – 5 years of experience earns $90,000 yearly.
- 6 – 9 years of experience earns $91,565 yearly
- 10 and above years of job experience earns $111,777 yearly.
10 Highest Paying Companies for Software Engineers in Maine
Listed below are the top paying companies for software engineers in the State of Maine:
|Company||Salary (Yearly ($))|
|Octo Consulting Group||153,511|
More Benefits for Software Engineers in the State of Maine
Aside the yearly salary and bonuses which the software engineer gets, additional benefits are given to them, which comes in short or long term windfalls. Such windfalls are highlighted below:
- Cash benefits. Cash benefits are given to software engineers in Maine as compensation for job well done or as part of a finished project.
- Long term incentive. These come in form of stocks, bonds, and other long term periodic time based investments, which the company takes part in.
- Bonus incentives. Bonuses are usually offered to software engineers in Maine at the start of a new project, as a moral boost, or at the end of developing an application to help motivate them.
What Related Job Titles to Software Engineers Earn In Maine
Listed below are the salaries been paid to careers related to software engineering; some of these careers may be earning higher or lower than the software engineer:
- Application Developer earns a salary of $127,212 yearly.
- Frontend Developer earns a total of $110,517 yearly.
- Full Stack Developer earns $92,994 yearly.
- Developer earns $80,182 yearly.
- Backend Developer earns a yearly salary of $30,357.
Software Engineer Job and Salary Outlook in Maine
The location of the State alone is a pointer to the fact that software engineers aspiring to relocate to Maine are in a very good position to further advance their salaries.
However, engineers thinking of coming to Maine should also consider the high cost of living in the State.
The expected growth in the software engineer salary in Maine is tied to the region being a hub for many multinational firms engaged in technological innovations and development.
How to Increase Your Salary as a Software Engineer in the State of Maine
Here are ways to help increase your salary as a software engineer working and living in the State of Maine:
- Get a higher degree. Earn a professional degree to help you get ahead in the State of Maine.
- Get relevant skills. Check out top paying skills and get certified with the top relevant skills to move up the software engineering career ladder in Maine.
- Relocate to another city. Move to higher paying cities within the State and improve your salary. Some cities in the State, such as Augusta, Sanford, and Saco are paying software engineers higher than some States.
- Work for high paying companies. In Maine, various companies abound, but they don’t pay the same salary to software engineers, so to help increase your pay, look for high paying companies and work for them.
- Network with related professionals, friends, and acquaintances. Some non-advertised jobs pay much higher than advertised ones, and having a network of professional colleagues, friends, and acquaintances sometimes bring out these hidden jobs.
More Career Opportunities for Software Engineers in Maine
Software engineers in Maine can also explore career opportunities in other industries, including:
- Mechatronics engineers earn $89,000 yearly.
- Mechanical engineers earn $88,000 yearly.
- Industrial engineers earn $86,000 yearly.
- Electrical engineers earn $85,000 yearly.
Maine is a pace setting State in the Northeast. Due to its location, it is one of the States amongst a very few with low salaries for software engineers.
When put into consideration with the cost of living, Maine is vibrant and growth is anticipated to rise along with its cost of living, making it a good state to work.
Information sources: bls.gov, indeed.com, payscale.com, insight.dice.com, ziprecruiter.com, hackreactor.com, glassdoor.com, fullstackacademy.com.