Software Engineer Salary in Indiana and How to Increase It
The salary of a software engineer in Indiana is $97,545 yearly.
This post provides complete information on the salary of a software engineer in Indiana and how to increase it, including the cities and companies that pay the highest salaries in the State of Indiana.
Please, continue reading:
The software engineer’s salary in Indiana is $97,545 yearly, which is 22% lower than the National average.
In Indiana, software engineers also enjoy bonuses in the range of $1,300 yearly and a 90.4% rate of living conditions.
This makes the Midwestern State an ideal place to work and balance up both in terms of living and work conditions for software engineers.
Software Engineer Salary across the State of Indiana
Cities like Columbus, Lafayette, Carmel, Warsaw and Kokomo, are where software engineers earn the highest and lowest salaries in the State of Illinois.
With salary as high as $97,545 yearly and as low as$73,402, the software engineering career in the State of Indiana seems promising.
Highest Paying Cities for Software Engineers in Indiana
Here are cities in Indiana paying software engineers highest salaries:
|Cities||Salary Yearly ($)|
Software Engineer Salary Based on Skill in Indiana
Here are top and relevant skills a software engineer in Indiana needs to acquire to earn a higher salary yearly:
- Scala: earns 24.30%, which adds up to $22,926 salary yearly.
- Os kernels: earns 17.55%, which amounts to $16,558 salary add on yearly.
- Big Data: earns 17.35%, which gives a salary of $16,368 yearly add on.
- Microservices: earns 16.13% with a salary of $15,218 yearly add on.
- Machine Learning: earns 11.71% with a salary of $11,048 yearly add on.
- Data Structure: earns 10.99% with a yearly salary of $10,368.
Software Engineer Salary Based on Experience in Indiana
Software engineers in the State of Indiana with experience earn much higher than those without any years of experience.
Here is how the number of years of experience of a software engineer in Indiana tally with the salary they are paid:
- Less than 1 year earns $76,082 yearly.
- 1 – 2 years earns $78,113 annually.
- 3 – 5 years earns $85,000 yearly.
- 6 – 9 years annually earns $89,348.
- 10 years and above earns a yearly salary of $102,362.
10 Highest Paying Companies for Software Engineers in Indiana
Here are top ten companies paying software engineers high salaries in the State of Indiana:
|Company||Salary Yearly ($)|
|Octo Consulting Group||153,511|
More Benefits for Software Engineers in Indiana
Software engineers in Indiana enjoy benefits that are clearly included along with their salary.
These benefits can be in the short or long term:
- Cash bonus. Software engineers in Indiana are given cash bonuses yearly for a job well done, this can be as high as $1,500 and as low as $1,300.
- Gym membership. Due to constant sitting and sometimes standing, the Indiana State Software engineer is most likely to get issues with weight, so they are given gym membership cards to work off some steam and lose any added weight. The company pays for such membership.
- Vision assistance. Constant stirring at the computer has it advantages and disadvantages; the Indiana State software engineer is given vision assistance to help keep their eye sight healthy.
- Visa program. Software engineering companies in Indiana State help engineers from foreign countries with visa assistance when invitations occur to attend seminars and conferences in the State.
- Food provision. Working late and long hours sometimes makes it impossible to get food. Software engineers in Indiana are provided food due to the long stretch of work they are involved with.
- Stocks. After years of services to a company, the Indiana State software engineer is given stocks, which turns to cash after a period of time, and are given dividends and returns yearly.
- Commuter assistance. Indiana software engineers are helped in getting to work daily through commuter assisted programs, this helps beat the hassle of getting late to work.
- Health savings. Savings for the age of retirement and health is undertaken by the company, a percentage of the salary of the software engineer is kept aside for this purpose, and this can be used even while still active, since it’s health related.
What Related Job Titles to Software Engineer Earn in Indiana
The list below shows what related jobs titles to software engineers in Indiana earn yearly:
- Full stack developer earns a yearly salary of $94,732.
- Back end developer earns $90,092.
- Frontend developer earns $79,199 yearly salary.
- Applications Developer earns $ 16,414 yearly.
Software Engineer Job and Salary Outlook in the State of Indiana
The location of Indiana on the US map shows it to be an area that is fast catching up with the Northeastern States, due to its relative low cost of living.
Software engineers working and living in the State of Indiana can make ends meet better than some in high paying States with a higher cost of living.
How to Increase Your Salary as a Software Engineer in the State of Indiana
In other to get an increase in salary, the software engineer in Indiana State can take the following steps:
- Get a higher education. A good education always stands out. With that in mind, the software engineer in Indiana must have a sound educational background to earn high.
- Get a good set of Skills. No doubt, skills play a major role in the earning power of a Software engineer and those in Indiana are not an exception. A good set of soft and technical skills will greatly enhance a salary increase.
- Move to a bigger city. Indiana State has many cities, but some of these cities are bigger and more advanced than others. As a software engineer, it is advisable to move to one of these bigger cities to work and get a higher salary.
- Work for bigger paying companies. The big paying companies should be the aim of the Indiana State software engineer and the State is not lacking in them.
- Network with related professionals. There are lots of advertised openings for jobs, which are done internally. The Indiana State software engineer hoping to get a pay rise needs not ignore any form of friendship or acquaintance for they can come in handy at unexpected times.
More Career Opportunities for Software Engineers in Indiana State
Software engineers in Indiana can and do have the opportunity to advance their careers in any other related job, and the opportunities are endless.
Below is a list of more careers that software engineers can undertake in Indiana and how much they can earn, some earn higher while some lower than the annual salary of the software engineer:
- Computer and Information research scientist earns an annual salary of $101,000.
- Chemical engineer earns year $97,000.
- Aerospace engineer annually earns $93,000.
- Sales engineer earns $92,000 yearly.
- Electrical engineer earns annually $84,000.
Indiana is located in the Midwest of the USA where living conditions and job balance as par salary is obtainable.
The State of Indiana is a very good State to work and live in as a software engineer for its affordable living cost (90.4%) and relatively high salary ($95,348 yearly).
It is amongst the top 10 ranking for its cost of living.