Software Engineer Salary in Maryland and How to Increase It
The software engineer salary in Maryland is $101,247 yearly.
This post presents completed information on the salary a software engineer is expected to receive working in Maryland and how to increase it, including the top cities and companies that pay the most salaries to software engineers in the State of Maryland.
Please, read on:
The State of Maryland is located in the Northeastern part of the US, a region noted for high salaries and high rate of living standards.
Maryland is ranked 8th (128.1%) most expensive State to work and live in the United States.
Salaries for software engineers in Maryland are around from $101,247 yearly with a bonus of $2000; it is 9% higher than National average.
Software Engineer Salary across the State of Maryland
Fort Meade, Columbia, Chevy Chase are amongst the cities in Maryland where software engineers earn very high salaries ($125,000 – $135,000 yearly).
Coupled with the high salary pay, the cost of living in Maryland is also high.
Software engineers in Maryland cities are comfortably happy given the amount of salary they collect, which is higher than some States salaries put together.
Highest Paying Cities for Software Engineers in Maryland
Here are cities where software engineers earn high in the State of Maryland:
|Cities||Salary Yearly ($)|
Software Engineer Salary Based on Skill in Maryland
Software engineers in the State of Maryland with the much in demand skills earn higher than their counterparts without such skills.
Here are the earning potentials of such skills in the State of Maryland:
- Scala skilled software engineers earn 24.30%, that is salary of $24,603 yearly.
- Os kernel skilled software engineers earn 17.55%, which is $17,768 yearly.
- Big Data skilled software engineers earn 17.35%, which is yearly salary of $17,366.
- Software engineers with Microservices skill earn 16.13% with a salary of $16,331 yearly.
- Machine Learning skilled software engineers earn 11.71%, which is $11,856 yearly salary.
- Data Structures skilled software engineers earn 10.99%, which is a yearly income of $11,127.
Software Engineer Salary Based on Experience in the State of Maryland
The number of years garnered on the job by a software engineer in Maryland most often than not will determine the yearly earning of that engineer.
So, the higher the number of years of working experience, the higher will be the salary earned by the software engineer.
Stated below are the earning potentials of software engineers according to their years of experience:
- – 1 years on the job as a software engineer earns $106,767 as yearly salary.
- 1 – 2 years as a software engineer in Maryland earns $109,682.
- 3 – 5 years earns $120,000 yearly salary.
- 6 – 9 years on the job as a software engineer earns $125,454.
- 10 years and above in Maryland as a software engineer will earn $143,728 year salary.
10 Highest Paying Companies for Software Engineers in the State of Maryland
The table below shows the 10 highest paying companies in the State of Maryland and how software engineers earn:
|Company||Salary Yearly ($)|
|Octo Consulting Group||153,511|
More Benefits for Software Engineers in the State of Maryland
Software engineers in Maryland get additional benefits attached to their annual salaries. This can come as long term or immediate benefits.
Listed below are some of these benefits:
- Stock Options. Maryland software engineers get stock options as part of their benefits. These are later turned to cash.
- Food Provided. Food provision is another benefit Maryland software engineers enjoy as part of their benefits. They get food provided due to long hours of work and not been able to take a break from work.
- Visa Assistance. The Maryland software engineers get visa assistance if the need arises to attend conferences and seminars outside the Country.
- Gym Membership. Fatigue and weight issues may set in for the Maryland software engineer. In other to help them overcome this, they are given membership of gyms where they burn off excess fat.
- Health Insurance. The health of the software engineer in Maryland is very important to the company that employed them, so they help in contributing a percentage to the health insurance scheme provided.
- Vision Insurance. The vision of the Maryland software engineer is vital to his/her work; they are therefore provided with vision insurance to guide against any form of issues with their vision.
What Related Job Titles to Software Engineer Earn in Maryland
Related job titles to software engineering in Maryland earn more or lesser than the software engineer.
Here is how related job titles to software engineering earn across the State of Maryland:
- Backend Developer earns $113,345 as yearly salary.
- Full Stack Developer earns $112,516.
- Frontend Developer earns $105,168.
- Developer earns $95,978 yearly.
- Application Developer earns $94,400.
Software Engineer Job and Salary Outlook in Maryland
The salary outlook for the Maryland software engineer is looking upward ($101,247 yearly) with a potential for rapid increase from its current range.
The location of the State alone is an indicator of its upward swing in salaries.
Even with high cost of living of 128.1%, Maryland is still a major hub in the Northeastern region.
How to Increase Your Salary as a Software Engineer in the State of Maryland
- Get a high paying company to work for. Companies pay differently, so if you want a higher salary as a software engineer in Maryland, then you might want to seek employment with the high paying companies like Citi, Apple, or Facebook.
- Relocate to bigger cities. The big cities are where the big salaries are. You might have to move to cities like Fort Meade, Columbia, Chevy Chase, and Baltimore if you are looking to make a high salary.
- Get good skills. Skills play a very crucial role in helping a software engineer in Maryland to get any form of pay rise. With the much needed skills, software engineers here in Maryland earn higher salaries than their colleagues who do not have them.
More Career Opportunities for Software Engineers in Maryland
Software engineers in Maryland can move into other related careers and these opportunities come with either a higher pay or the same as the software engineer earns.
Listed below are some of these career opportunities and how much they earn in Maryland:
- Computer network architects earn $127,000 yearly.
- Computer hardware engineer earns $126,000.
- Sales engineer earns $118,000 yearly.
The Northeastern States of the US are noted for high salaries and high cost of living, with virtually all the States within the region high on cost of living.
Maryland is ranked 8th (128.1%) on the scale of top high cost of living States with salaries in the range of $110,00 yearly; it’s a state that is moving in an upward swing.