Senior Manager Technical Accounting Job Description Sample
What Does a Senior Manager Technical Accounting Do?
The senior manager technical accounting in an organization will offer remarkable leadership to accrual process and general ledger harmonization for the organization, as well as perform administrative functions for corporate consolidation process.
The job description of the senior manager in charge of technical accounting involves the individual contributing to the organization’s achievements by handling teams that report and record accounting information, such that monetary and operating reports precisely reflect the situation of the business.
In this role, the individual has valuable leadership responsibility in the organization, which includes supervising the conscientious implementation of monthly accounting close procedures, which involves guaranteeing that factual results are delivered promptly to the SEC reporting unit.
This is a core position for maintenance of monetary control accounting for an expansive, fast growing company.
This post requires an ambitious and outstandingly skilled professional who is enthusiastic about technical accounting research on diverse intricate transactions so as to assist the organization’s growth and processes.
This job entails, but not restricted to inventory costing, debt and equity, business combination, revenue recognition, hedging and derivatives.
Senior managers responsible for technical accounting also offer assistance and leadership to accounting groups and work outside of the current group, and heads cross functional projects to enhance processes and the understanding of accounting information.
This position will necessitate a highly investigative thinker with experience in functioning within intricate environments and who delights in daily challenges.
He/she should also be unrelenting, as well as be versatile in maintaining and developing monetary control for existing and new businesses.
Sample Job Description for the Senior Manager Technical Accounting Position
Below is a sample job description for the position of senior manager heading the technical accounting unit of most organizations, which shows a list of major duties, tasks, and responsibilities which individuals holding the position are usually expected to carry out:
- Head the execution of worldwide best practices in the company and within the general ledger team
- Generate and instruct an existing specialized team in designing top class procedures and processes that will align with the organization and enable international growth
- Strengthen a customer focused environment through highly cooperative associations with core regional and global stakeholders
- Organize the accounting operations, supervising the end of the month closure and unifying process to guarantee that the financial outcomes are precisely prepared in line with GAAP and dispensed promptly to the SEC reporting unit
- Give assistance to the organization’s external reporting prerequisites and acknowledge intricate financial matters as they occur
- Offer policy leadership on accounting matters and regular application in practice
- Head the redesigning and execution of modifications to the monthly close procedures as an integral aspect of improvement mentality
Producing a resume for the Position
A good and effective resume for the post of senior manager technical accounting can also be produced using information from the job description example above to write the professional experience section.
Requirements – Knowledge, Skills and Abilities for the position of Senior Manager Technical Accounting
It is of utmost importance for the individual aspiring for the post of a senior manager in the technical accounting office to possess the following abilities and qualifications:
- A first degree in business administration, accounting, finance or other affiliated discipline
- At least ten practical years of leadership and management experience
- Self confident, strong customer service familiarity, with good speaking and writing dexterity, including the ability to convey financial or technical information to a non technical group
- Exhibit a performance history of successful association with executive heads
- Ability to reason strategically; perform operationally; and possess the ability to handle risk, ambiguity, and changing course of strategies and projects
- Practical experience functioning at public company, comprising business procedures, owner accountability for procedures, policy and financial reporting