This post provides detailed information on the Salesforce developer job description, to help you understand the work they do.
It highlights the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that typically make up the work description of a Salesforce developer.
This article also presents the major requirements you will need to meet to be qualified for hiring for the Salesforce developer role.
Please, keep reading:
What Does a Salesforce Developer Do?
The Salesforce developer job description entails developing applications using various software development tools such as Apex, VisualForce, Lightning Components, etc.
It also involves working closely with other developers and project managers in order to deliver high quality solutions to clients.
Salesforce developers have a duty to ensure that all code written by them complies with the company’s coding standards.
As a Salesforce developer, it is your job to create custom objects, triggers, visual force pages, lightning components, apps, integrations, reports, etc.
It is your responsibility to make sure that the application you develop is user friendly and easy to use.
Salesforce developers’ duties involve providing technical support to users who may encounter problems while using developed app.
It also entails creating innovative and useful apps, and ensuring the testing process is carried out before the app is released to production.
Salesforce developers are required to be familiar with different versions of the platform and how they can be used to enhance productivity and efficiency.
They debug issues which arise during the development phase and troubleshoot those which may occur during the implementation stage.
It is your responsibility as a Salesforce developer to ensure that the app is secure from attacks and bugs.
You need to take into consideration client needs when designing an application.
Developers at Salesforce should always keep up-to-date with current trends and technologies so that they can offer the most effective solution to their customers.
It is your responsibility not only to design but also to implement new features within existing applications.
More on Salesforce Developer Job Description
The Salesforce developer’s main duty is to match their application to meet the needs of their customer base by creating innovative and useful apps.
This includes making sure that the app works well across multiple devices and platforms.
Developers are expected to attend regular meetings and training sessions to stay updated with latest developments in the industry.
Furthermore, it is the duty of the Salesforce developer team to maintain the database and data integrity.
They follow the company policies and procedures.
As a Salesforce developer, you are also expected to perform system analysis and problem solving activities.
You will be expected to ensure that the app designed by you is bug free and error free and to document everything you learn and share it with others.
Salesforce Developer Job Description Sample/Example/Template
The Salesforce developer job description consists of the following duties, tasks, and responsibilities:
- Developing customizations or applications using force.com platform
- Working in an agile environment as part of a team
- Creating new features and enhancements to existing apps
- Maintaining the code base and ensuring it remains consistent with the overall application architecture
- Communicating effectively within the organization and across teams
- Participating in the development process by providing feedback and suggestions
- Collaborating with other developers to ensure consistency and quality
- Assisting in testing and debugging issues
- Supporting the deployment of changes to production
- Providing technical support to users
- Contributing to the design of user interfaces
- Identifying and resolving problems
- Analyzing business processes and developing solutions
- Contributing ideas and recommendations related to product direction
- Evaluating new technologies and products
- Conducting research and analysis
- Performing other related duties as required.
Salesforce Developer Job Description for Resume
If you are in the process of writing a new resume or CV as someone who has worked before in the Salesforce developer role, or are presently working in that position, you can write an effective Professional Experience section for your resume by applying the Salesforce developer job description example provided above.
You can highlight the Salesforce developer duties and responsibilities from the sample job description above in your resume’s job description to show that you have been effective performing the duties of a Salesforce developer.
This piece of information in your resume can greatly enhance your chances of being hired for the new job, especially if having some Salesforce developer work experience is important for success on the new job.
Salesforce Developer Requirements: Skills, Abilities, Knowledge for Career Success
If you are interested in the Salesforce developer position, here are major requirements employers/recruiters may want you to meet to be offered the job:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years of professional level programming experience
- Strong knowledge of object oriented concepts
- Excellent communication skills
- Good understanding of SQL and database administration
- Proficient in writing unit tests and automated integration tests
- Knowledge of version control systems (Git)
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
- Experience with large scale web services
- Understanding of SOAP protocols, OAuth 2.0, and force.com Platform
- Understanding of the Lightning Application Programming Interface (API)
- Familiarity with HTML 5, CSS, XML, and Git
- Understanding of relational databases
- Strong knowledge of mobile app development platforms like Phonegap
- Understanding of Salesforce DX, Salesforce Lightning Design System, and Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Strong knowledge of Salesforce Analytics, Salesforce Service Cloud, and Salesforce Chatter
- Familiarity with Salesforce Communities
- Understanding of Salesforce Data Visualization.
Salesforce Developer Salary
According to Glassdoor, the national average compensation for a Salesforce developer in the United States is $103,032 per year.
This post is useful to individuals interested in the Salesforce developer career; they can improve their knowledge of what the role does from reading this content.
It is also helpful to employers/recruiters seeking to hire competent individuals for the vacant Salesforce developer position in their companies.
They can apply the sample Salesforce developer job description sample provided on this page in making a detailed description of the role, for use in their hiring process.