This post provides exhaustive information on the Uber driver job description, to help you learn the work they do.
It highlights the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that typically make up the Uber driver work description.
This article also presents the major requirements candidates will need to meet to be hired for the Uber driver role.
Please, read on:
What Does an Uber Driver Do?
The Uber driver job description entails picking up passengers from multiple locations and transporting them between locations.
Uber drivers perform their work using the Route management utilizing app technology.
They make spreadsheets and keep track of mileage, maintenance, and other expenditures.
The Uber driver role also entails creating a comfortable environment for clients while transporting them to their destination.
Uber drivers assist clients with luggage loading and unloading.
After checking with the passengers, suggesting an alternate route to the consumers and proceeding through the route is part of the tasks of the driver.
When you are driving an Uber car, it is your duty to be aware of traffic conditions and road rules.
You must also keep yourself updated with the latest news and weather updates. This helps you to make better decisions when driving.
The Uber driver has to ensure that all consumers have used the mobile app to properly end their ride share.
One of the obligations of the Uber driver is to use their own vehicle to transport clients who have placed an order via the app.
They drive safely to ensure that all cyclists are safe.
An Uber driver picks up customers and greets them as they enter your car.
They ensure that they choose a secure location for passengers to be picked up and dropped off.
Uber drivers make sure passengers have a safe driving experience and that they get to their destinations on time
Receiving phone calls and tracking their whereabouts using software is part of the duties of the driver.
More Uber Driver Duties and Responsibilities
They carry out inquiries with clients about their pick-up and drop-off locations.
As an Uber driver, you must use a map and GPS, determine the best route to the destination.
In the event of construction or heavy traffic, the Uber driver is to reroute passageways to the target destination.
The Uber driver has a duty to develop a solid relationship with consumers via urgency, friendliness, and safety.
He/she announces the exact fare, collect money, and return the correct change.
Keeping the car clean and in good condition is among the obligations of the driver.
They must be familiar with numerous cities and effective routes.
Uber Driver Job Description Sample/Example/Template
The Uber Driver Job Description consists of the following tasks, duties, and responsibilities:
- Clean vehicle regularly to help prevent any accidents from happening
- Provide safe transportation services. If there is a problem with the ride, he or she needs to report it immediately
- Avoid smoking cigarettes or vaping inside the car
- Greet customers politely and answer questions they may have
- Accept no money from the customer until after the trip is over
- Avoid talking loudly on the phone or listening to music while driving
- Keep one’s eyes open and look at other vehicles around
- Avoid consuming alcohol when on duty
- Prevent children under 12 years old from sitting in the front seat
- Desist from picking up passengers who are drunk, aggressive, rude, too young or too old
- Drive passengers to their destinations
- Pick up customers at designated pick-up locations
- Deliver customer’s orders on time
- Avoid eating food or drink beverages inside the car
- Provide a safe ride for customers
- Keep your vehicle well maintained
- Be punctual at all times
- Maintain professional appearance
- Follow company policies and procedures
- Use proper driving techniques
- Report any issues or problems with your vehicle to the management team
- Ensure that your vehicle has the necessary insurance cover
- Help other drivers by providing them with information about new routes
- Answer customer questions
- Assist customers who need assistance getting into/out of the vehicle
- Check if there are any safety hazards before starting the trip
- Remain calm during emergencies
- Respond to emergency calls
- Handle customer complaints
- Take care of the passenger’s luggage
- Offer services such as food delivery, laundry service, dry cleaning, etc.
- Provide customer feedback
- Pay attention to customer requests.
Uber Driver Job Description for Resume
If you have worked before as an Uber driver or are presently working in that role and are in the process of making a resume or CV for a new job, you can create a compelling Professional Experience section for your resume by applying the Uber driver job description example provided above.
You can highlight the Uber driver duties and responsibilities from the above sample job description in your resume’s Professional Experience section, to show that you have been effective performing the functions of an Uber driver.
This piece of information can significantly boost the effectiveness of your resume in influencing the employer/recruiter to granting you an interview, especially if the new job requires someone with some Uber driving work experience.
Uber Driver Requirements: Skills, Abilities, Knowledge for a Successful Career
If you are seeking the Uber driver role, here are major requirements you might be asked to meet to be hired:
- Possess a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance (if required by the city or state where you live)
- You must pass Uber background check, which includes a criminal history check, driving record check, and drug test
- Age 21 or more
- You must provide your own car for use as an Uber vehicle
- Complete a training program that teaches you how to drive safely and earn money on demand.
- You must agree to abide by all local laws and regulations related to operating a motor vehicle while providing transportation services through Uber
- Ability to pay all applicable fees and taxes associated with being an independent contractor
- You are responsible for maintaining your personal auto insurance coverage
- Must not accept any passengers who do not meet the eligibility criteria listed above
- Your earnings are subject to federal income tax withholding at the rate of 25%
- All rides are billed per mile driven.
Uber Driver Salary
According to salary.com, the starting wage for an Uber Driver ranges from $30,802 to $45,202 per year, with an average starting income of $37,002.
This post is helpful to individuals interested in becoming an Uber driver; they can learn all about what Uber driving entails from this page.
It is also useful to employers/recruiters in creating a job description for the Uber driver position, for use in their hiring process for the role.