This post provides exhaustive information on the Salesforce administrator job description, to boost your knowledge of what they do.
It highlights the key tasks, duties, and responsibilities that typically make up the job description of a Salesforce administrator.
It also presents the major requirements that candidates seeking the job of a Salesforce administrator must meet to be hired.
What Does a Salesforce Administrator Do?
The Salesforce administrator is responsible for maintaining a secure, reliable, scalable, and high performing environment that meets business needs.
They manage various systems and applications within the organization and are required to understand how each system works and how they interact with one another.
They communicate effectively with other employees in order to ensure smooth operation of the organization’s IT infrastructure.
They ensure that all data is stored safely and securely. He or she must be able to handle any security issues that may arise.
They identify potential problems before they become major ones. This includes identifying possible risks and threats, as well as ensuring that the right processes are followed when dealing with them.
The Salesforce administrator job description entails maintaining the integrity of the Salesforce platform by monitoring its performance.
The administrator should have an understanding of how it operates and how best to optimize it.
It is the duty of the Salesforce administrator to ensure that the company’s technology investments are used efficiently.
He/she should be able to make recommendations on ways to improve efficiency while keeping costs down.
The Salesforce administrator job description entails monitoring the health of the Salesforce platform.
He/she should know how to spot signs of trouble and take action if necessary.
He/she should be familiar with the latest trends in cloud computing and how they can benefit the organization.
The Salesforce administrator’s duties also include managing the company’s network infrastructure, and ensuring that the network remains stable and efficient at all times.
It also involves monitoring the quality of service provided by the company’s internet connection.
He/she should keep track of bandwidth usage and ensure that there is enough capacity available.
He/she is responsible for managing the company’s email servers and checking the mail server logs to ensure that no spam gets through.
Salesforce administrators troubleshoot any technical difficulties that might occur and should always be prepared to resolve any issue quickly.
They keep up-to-date with new technologies and developments in the industry and should stay abreast of the latest innovations so that they can provide valuable input into the development process.
They provide support to users who need help using the software and should respond promptly to requests for assistance, and offer advice where appropriate.
The Salesforce administrator is also responsible for maintaining a clear view of what needs to be done in the future.
He/she should set goals and objectives for the year ahead.
As a Salesforce administrator, you have a duty to report any irregularities within the company’s business practices.
You should also be aware of any legal requirements pertaining to your role.
It is also your responsibility to work closely with other members of staff in achieving common goals.
The Salesforce administrator provides feedback to senior management. He/she should let people know if something isn’t working properly.
He/she reports to an executive manager and should follow instructions given by the manager and act accordingly.
He/she ensures that the company complies with all relevant laws and regulations, and that employees are trained on them.
They plan ahead to avoid potential problems. He/she should anticipate possible issues and prepare solutions.
Salesforce administrators set out how the company will meet its financial targets. They should monitor performance against these targets and take action as necessary.
The Salesforce administrator delegate tasks effectively. He or she should give responsibilities to those best suited to carry out the task.
Salesforce Administrator Job Description Sample/Example/Template
The Salesforce Administrator job description consists of the following tasks, duties, and responsibilities:
- Maintain and administer all Salesforce instances, including user access to data, security settings, and application configuration
- Administer users’ permissions on objects, fields, and reports
- Manage the installation and maintenance of applications within Salesforce
- Create customizations for use with Salesforce
- Monitor system performance and identify issues
- Comply with the policies and procedures of the company in performing assigned duties
- Provide support to other administrators and help them resolve problems
- Report any incidents or errors to appropriate personnel
- Participate in training programs and courses
- Comply with internal processes and practices
- Have knowledge of the Salesforce platform
- Works effectively with others
- Support the organization’s business goals
- Comply with organizational standards
- Follow established guidelines and procedures.
Salesforce Administrator Job Description for Resume
If you have worked before in the role of a Salesforce administrator or are presently working in that position and are making a resume or CV for a new job, then you can apply the Salesforce administrator job description above in making the Professional Experience section of your resume.
You can highlight the Salesforce administrator duties and responsibilities from the sample job description above in your resume’s Professional Experience to show that you have been successful working as a Salesforce administrator.
This piece of information in your resume can significantly boost your chances of getting the new job, especially if having some work experience as a Salesforce administrator is required to be hired.
Salesforce Administrator Requirements: Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
If you are seeking the Salesforce administrator position, here are major requirements you may be asked to meet to be hired:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Engineering, or in a similar field
- Experience using Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, etc.
- Knowledge of database administration (Oracle).
- A strong understanding of relational databases
- Strong ability to communicate both in written form and verbally
- Ability to multitask and prioritize workloads
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects together and work under pressure without making mistakes
- Strong analytical thinking
- Good planning skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Experience managing large numbers of people
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information.
Salesforce Administrator Salary
According to Glassdoor, the national average compensation for a Salesforce administrator in the United States is $97,413 per year.
This post is helpful to individuals seeking the Salesforce administrator career; they will be able to learn all about the duties and responsibilities of the position.
It is also useful to recruiters/employers in making a detailed job description for the Salesforce administrator’s position in their companies, for use in hiring for the role.