This post presents complete information on the job description of a sales account manager, including the key tasks, duties, and responsibilities that they perform.
What Does a Sales Account Manager Do?
A sales account manager is responsible for handling the supervision of sales, as well as developing relationship with customers.
The sales account manager job description entails maintaining a cordial relationship with customers of the accounts he/she is designated to handle in a bid to create lasting relationships with such clients.
Their duties are interconnected between satisfying the needs of the customer and enhancing sales within the company.
The individual vying for the post of a sales account manager is expected to submit formal reports to the account director promptly on the status of accounts and transactions within the company.
The work of this position also includes understanding customer requests and making effort to meet demand and initiate sales for the company.
The role may sometime include resolving conflicts with clients while interacting and coordinating with the sales unit and other staff members located in the same or other departments having related assignments.
The ability to manage ongoing accounts and develop businesses related to agents with primary focus on corporate markets is an integral part of the work description of sales account managers.
The manager is expected to initiate revenue growth from previous accounts and tactically identify opportunities for expansion.
A newly hired manager for sales account must display a great deal of professionalism in their work so as to be able to meet up with expectations of their employers.
They should also demonstrate the willingness to work in a multi-faceted environment.
The work may also require repeated walking, standing, or being in bending position for a considerable length of time.
Sales Account Manager Job Description Sample/Example/Template
With regards to an organization’s targeted objectives, the following sample description of work consists of some of the major duties, tasks, and responsibilities that are usually part of a sales account manager’s job description given to them when they are hired.
- Initiate sales and attain the company’s sales objectives.
- Identify client’s disagreements with the intention of managing and resolving them.
- Prepare budget appropriation with customers and company administrators.
- Identify an existing organization of company contracts so as to generate fresh businesses.
- Sustain and broaden relationships with new and existing clients.
- Ensure the delivery of sales presentations to superior executive officers.
- Acknowledge inquires on distinctive sales initiative applicable to potential markets and customers.
Sales Account Manager Job Description for Resume
The job description example shown above can also provide valuable information to be used in writing some sections of the resume for the post of manager of sales account, including the employment history section.
Sales Account Manager Requirements: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities for Career Success
The following qualities, including knowledge, skills, and abilities have been proven to contribute to an individual’s efficiency in managing a company’s sales account.
- University degree in business management, advertising, and marketing, or other related courses.
- Extraordinary ability to carry out transactions and bargain with customers in order to meet the company’s needs as they change.
- Practical effectiveness in working on Internet infrastructure, and ability to deliver commitments on time.
- Experience in customer relations and time management skills.
- Must be self motivated and demonstrate strong work principles.
- Must exhibit ethical integrity in handling assignments.
- Must be skillful in presentation with strong ability in conducting negotiations in a persuasive manner.
- Professional business acumen with proficiency in working out budgets.
- Unique entrepreneurial and organizational skills.