This post provides detailed information on the residential concierge job description, including the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities they commonly perform.
It also highlights major requirements you may need to fulfill to be hired for the residential concierge role by most recruiters/employers.
What Does a Residential Concierge Do?
A residential concierge is responsible for greeting clients and visitors and maintaining the security and safety of the premises.
The residential concierge job description involves providing care to guest houses while they are on tour and ensuring that all valuables are placed in a safe place.
It also entails maintaining the cleanliness of all guest houses, including common areas, swimming pool and sanitation systems.
Residential concierges receive emergency calls from guests and respond immediately to their needs (in most case) 24 hours a day, 7 days per week.
They staff the reception desk and provide service to guests and also maintain a clean and orderly environment at the guesthouse, and also oversee the safekeeping of all guesthouse assets.
Bill payment and maintaining records of all expenditures is a part of their duties.
They ensure the proper maintenance of elevator systems and lifts at each accommodation site.
The residential concierge ensures that housekeeping supplies are in order for daily cleaning of guest rooms, common areas, swimming pool, lavatories and bathrooms, laundry facilities and kitchen sink areas.
Easy access to 24/7 emergency services will always be available from individuals holding this position.
The residential concierge work description also involves ensuring that all fire safety equipment is functioning and readily available, and inspecting the premises/facilities regularly.
It also entails maintaining a log of all guest visits, including arrival and departure times, to ensure daily security checks of each unit.
They ensure that all guests have been charged for the appropriate amount and that a 24/7 emergency service is available to all guests, as required by local authorities.
Residential Concierge Job Description Sample/Example/Template
The residential concierge job description consists of the following duties, tasks, and responsibilities:
- Greets and conducts all visitors with courtesy
- Provides 24-hour front desk assistance and concierge services to patients and residents of their respective buildings
- Handles all calls, problem solving, answering the telephone, relaying messages
- Maintains order, cleanliness and cohesiveness of the facility by completing simple tasks as requested by management or supervisor
- Fulfills all administrative responsibilities required of them by management or supervisor such as maintaining files for records, preparing reports and communicating with employees about any problems that may arise in the facility
- Performs menial task of the shift
- Maintains a friendly and professional attitude in all employment situations, including with the public
- Takes messages and provides information
- Maintains confidentiality of any information provided by client and/or other individuals that may be confidential
- Performs assigned tasks by management or supervisor with excellence, integrity and professionalism, as well as maintains confidentiality to the client/resident or other individuals
- Carries out related duties as directed by management or supervisor, including but not limited to: filling out forms, filing reports, bookkeeping, taking dictation, making copies, clerical work etc.
Residential Concierge Job Description for Resume
If you have worked before as a residential concierge or are presently working in that role and are making a new resume or CV, then you can craft a compelling Professional Experience section for your resume by utilizing the above residential concierge job description template.
You can express the duties and responsibilities you have performed or are presently performing as a residential concierge in your resume’s Professional Experience by applying the ones provided in the residential concierge job description sample above.
This will show to the recruiter/employer that you have been effective performing the residential concierge role, which can increase your chances of being hired, especially if the new job that you are applying for requires someone with some residential concierge work experience.
Residential Concierge Requirements: Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
Here are important requirements you may be expected to meet to be hired for the job of a residential concierge by most employers/recruiters:
- High school diploma education or its equivalent, minimum
- Strong English writing, reading, and speaking skills
- Should have excellent communication skills and possess good customer service skills and should be able to work as a team member with other employees/residents in a residential environment with minimum supervision from an individual supervisor
- Must be computer literate and capable of using personal computer (PC) for word processing, basic spreadsheets and presentation applications
- Ability to drive a personal vehicle or have access to public transportation
- Must have experience in the field of concierge services and customer service handling the needs of people in a residential setting, such as hospitals, hotels, clubhouses and other similar places
- Graduates of course related to hospitality management provided that they have at least two years of experience with concierge services and customer service handling the needs of people in a residential setting, such as hospitals, hotels, clubhouses and other similar places
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills, including a strong sense of service, high sense of integrity and acting as role models to the other employees
- Should possess good physical health and emotional stability, have a good and courteous attitude, be well groomed and have excellent communication skills and able to handle stressful situations
- Must be willing to travel on business trip as may be required by management or supervisor of salary will be provided for all trips made for the company
- Willingness to submit to drug test, background check and psychological assessment upon management request
- Must be willing to work in locations that may not always provide ideal working conditions, such as lift or elevator, stairs or even lacks air-conditioning.
Residential Concierge Salary
According to Glassdoor, the annual total compensation for a residences concierge in the United States is $47,483 with an average income of $32,680.
The residential concierge job has a wide range of responsibilities that may include driving and parking, housekeeping, maintaining equipment and the building, and performing related duties such as answering the telephone and acting as a translator.
This post is helpful to individuals interested in the residential concierge career.
They will be able to learn all they need to about the duties and responsibilities of a residential concierge.
This will enable them to decide if the residential concierge career is the right one for them.
It is also helpful to recruiters/employers in making a detailed job description for the residential concierge position in their organizations, for use in hiring competent individuals for the role.