Real Estate Sales Agent Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post provides complete information on the job description of a real estate sales agent to help you learn the work they do.
It highlights the key tasks, duties, and responsibilities commonly associated with the real estate sales agent work description.
It also presents the major requirements most recruiters/employers would want you to meet to be hired for the real estate sales agent role if you are seeking the position.
Please, continue reading to improve your knowledge of the real estate sales agent career:
What Does a Real Estate Sales Agent Do?
A real estate sales agent is responsible for delivering outstanding customer service, as well as drafting and preparing offers and paperwork.
His/her job description entails marketing listings and providing guidance to buyers and sellers.
The real estate sales agent studies property listings, interviews prospective clients, and accompanies clients to property site; discusses conditions of sale and draws up real estate contracts.
Real estate sales agents assist clients in buying, selling, and renting property, as well as developing business leads and mastering the informational interview.
They also generate leads, counsel clients on market conditions, and develop competitive market prices
The sales agents create lists of real estate properties and present purchase offers to sellers.
They handle enquiries concerning properties from potential buyers and create written materials such as reports, promotional information, and brochures.
If you are seeking to work as a real estate sales agent, some of the requirements that employers would want you to meet include good oral and written communication skills, local knowledge and integrity, ethics and passion, persistence and familiarity with rules and regulations, as well as self-motivational and problem-solving mindset.
Real Estate Sales Agent Educational Qualifications
You will be required to show proof of academic qualifications if you are applying for a real estate sales agent position.
You may be called for an interview if you can build a strong portfolio with demonstrated skills and abilities for the new real estate sales agent job.
Both school leavers and graduates can apply for trainee real estate sales agent role at local estate agencies or branches of larger agencies.
A degree is not a necessity, but a Bachelor’s of Science degree in a related subject such as building surveying, real estate or planning, and property development is an added advantage.
Through Propertymark Qualifications, you can gain a number of professional qualifications as a real estate sales agent. Propertymark is a subsidiary of NAEA, which was formerly known as the National Association of Estate Agents.
The recruiter may look up to you to complete these courses as part of your employment.
Although state license is required to be considered for this position, you will need to be in good standing with the local Realtor board and have good experience with sales in order to be successful in the role.
Real Estate Sales Agent Salary Information
According to Payscale, real estate sales agents earn an average salary of $48,990 per year.
As reported by Salary.com, real estate sales agents in the United States made an average of $42,565 as of August 27, 2020, with the range usually falling between $41,582 and $54,142.
Real Estate Sales Agent Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Real estate sales agents perform various functions, including the duties, tasks, and responsibilities shown in the job description example below:
- Creating client leads to buy, sell, and rent property
- Counseling clients on market conditions, prices, and mortgages
- Comparing properties to develop a competitive market price
- Making lists for real estate sale properties, with information location, features, square footage, and more
- Displaying properties to potential buyers and renters
- Presenting purchase offers to sellers for consideration
- Facilitating negotiations between buyers and sellers
- Analyzing purchase contracts to make sure terms are met
- Promoting properties with ads, listings, and open houses
- Getting loyalty contracts, purchase agreements, rental agreements, deeds and other documents ready for each real estate transaction
- Maintaining real estate license and knowledge
- Comparing a property with similar properties that have lately sold to determine its competitive market price.
Real Estate Sales Agent Job Description for Resume
If you are writing a resume or CV for a new role, you should add the professional experience section to it if you have worked before or are currently working as a real estate sales agent.
With the professional or work experience section of your resume or CV, you can effectively inform the recruiter/employer that you have been successful performing the duties and responsibilities of a real estate sales agent.
This information can get you an interview appointment with the recruiter/employer, especially if the new position you are seeking requires having some work experience as a real estate sales agent.
You can create an effective professional experience section for your resume or CV by utilizing the real estate sales agent job description example above.
Real Estate Sales Agent Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
If you are seeking the real estate sales agent job, there are certain requirements you must meet to be considered for employment. These include:
- MS Office familiarity and experience with sales
- Good knowledge of the local property and possession of a valid driver license
- Ability to work independently with outstanding interpersonal skills
- Strong sales, negotiation, and communication skills
- Pleasant, trustworthy, and sales skills; as well as ambition, drive, and charisma to accomplish set goals
- The ability to maintain a positive relationship with clients and colleagues
- Strong organizational skills to deal with more than one property at a time
- Willingness and ability to take on responsibility and finish duties on time
- Confirmed track of successful sales record
- Willingness to travel and spend time out of the office
- Understanding of, and interest in, the local property market and the process of buying and selling property.
This post is valuable to individuals interested in the real estate sales agent career; they can learn the duties and responsibilities of the role and decide if it is the job they want to do.
The information on this page is also helpful to recruiters/employers who are looking to hire for the position.
They can apply the real estate sales agent job description example provided on this page in creating a detailed description of the vacant position.