Optometrist Receptionist Resume Writing Tips and Example
Whether you are seeking for an entry level or experienced position as an optometrist receptionist, a great resume is essential.
Often times, many capable candidates apply for the same position but not all get the chance to be called for an interview where they stand a better chance to prove their worth.
No matter how good you are on the job, if the hirer perceives you as incapable because of your resume, he or she is bound to neglect your applications.
So, a good optometrist receptionist resume is one that fulfils the objective of qualifying the applicant for an interview.
Writing a Resume
The first step to writing a good resume is choosing an impressive format. This format must embody all the major sections that make up a good resume.
Before highlighting the various sections, it is conventional to first write your name and contact details – your phone number(s) and email address, after which you proceed with creating the following sections:
Some applicants make the mistake of leaving out this section with the argument that it is optional.
However, this could be the section that determines whether the employer reads or bins your resume.
So, we always advise that you don’t just create a resume objective to state the position you are applying for, but make it outstanding and specific.
You may as well create generic objective that can apply to a particular position by minding the company or job peculiarities.
But, a specific resume objective for optometrist receptionist stands a better chance of yielding the desired result.
See examples of the different kinds of resume objectives for an optometrist receptionist applicant.
Optometrist Receptionist Objective Statement Examples for Resume
- Seeking an Optometrist Receptionist position with Guineas Eye Clinic, utilizing excellent communication skills and vast experience in similar positions to enhance patients’ satisfaction.
- Seeking the position of optometrist receptionist in a renowned health clinic that offers the opportunity to hone my skills and contribute my vast patient service skills to the growth of the clinic.
The first example is a specific resume objective section. Though it can only be used to apply for the optometrist receptionist position in Guineas Eye Clinic, but it is very effective as it specifically highlights the requirements for the job.
The second example is generic. It can be used to seek for employment in clinics and hospitals, but may not be as effective as the first in convincing specific hirers.
Core Competence Section
This section and the objective section are where the hirer assesses your understanding of the job description and how fit you are for the job. If your core objective section and competence section are in line with the job description, chances are that you will be invited for interview.
Job Experience Section
If you have worked in this position before, this is the section where you will have the chance to impress the hirer with your experience.
If you have worked in more than one office, it is best you start with highlighting the most recent job and then proceed with one or two more job experiences.
Educational Qualification Section
This is another important section and usually the last. Though it could come somewhere in between the objective and the core competence section depending on the arrangement.
Here, you will be allowed to list your academic qualifications starting from the most recent.
Now, let’s examine the optometrist receptionist resume example below, written by putting the tips for creating the various resume sections to work.
Optometrist Receptionist Resume Example/Sample/Template
129 Example Avenue, St. Paul, Minnesota
Home: (+1) 999-9999, Cell: (+1) 999-999
Objective: Seeking an Optometrist Receptionist position with Guineas Eye Clinic, utilizing excellent communication skills and vast experience in similar positions to enhance customers’ satisfaction.
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills
- Outstanding knowledge of optometry terminology
- Vast experience working with optometrist and eye clinics
- Experience with patient billing and insurance authorization procedures
- Profound knowledge of MS office applications and spreadsheet applications
- Willingness to work over-time and flexible shifts
- Good telephone etiquette and professional disposition
- Confident and personable.
Optex+ Eye Clinic
2014 – 2015
- Greeted and welcomed patients in a friendly and courteous manner
- Maintained staff and patient register noting their entry and exit
- Received telephone calls from patients and scheduled appointments with optometrists
- Carried out all clerical works as and when required
- Charged with the responsibility of sending and receiving all official mails for the clinic
- Pre-tested customers’ vision and assisted customers in selecting frames and glasses
- Assisted the optometrist in explaining instructions regarding contact lens use and care to customers
- Conducted stock inventory and reported to the chief optometrist when there is low supply
- Ensured that the reception and conference hall are always neat and tidy
- Called clients to confirm appointment and reminded optometrists of such appointments
- Confirmed patient billing and insurance authorization
- Collected cash payments from patients as well as facilitated POS payment.
- St. Paul University, Minnesota, Associate Degree in Optical Science.
You can always be sure under normal circumstance of getting an interview appointment whenever you are vying for a new optometrist receptionist job if you have a good resume.
So, it pays to learn how to write a resume; and the tips shared in this post can help you achieve that easily and quickly.
What new ideas did you get and are going to apply to writing your optometrist receptionist resume? Please make your comment below; we will love to hear from you.
You will also like:
>> Create a professional resume in only 3 steps with the Awesome Resume Builder (it's free!) and increase your interview call ups.