New Hampshire Software Engineer Salary and How to Increase It
The software engineer salary in New Hampshire is $101,865 yearly.
This post provides complete information on the salary that a software engineer earns in New Hampshire and also highlights the cities and companies that pay the highest salaries in New Hampshire.
Please, read on to be able to make the best decision concerning working and living in New Hampshire as a software engineer:
New Hampshire is located in the Northeast regions of the US, a region noted as a pacesetter for software engineers, with salaries as high as $101,865 and a cost of living ratio of 108.2%.
New Hampshire ranks amongst the top twenty States where software engineers earn high and some of its cities are very active in the job market.
Software Engineer Salary across New Hampshire Cities
Rochester is the city in New Hampshire with the highest paying salary for software engineers.
Rochester pays its software engineers 7.8% ($69,977) above the State average and has a very active job market for software engineers.
Laconia, the least paying city in New Hampshire beats the State average by 1.5% ($57,628). Between Rochester and Laconia, the difference in salary is 19%.
Highest Paying Cities for Software Engineers in the State of New Hampshire
The table below highlights the top cities in New Hampshire where software engineers are paid the highest salaries yearly:
|City||Yearly Salary ($)|
New Hampshire Software Engineer Salary Based on Skills
Skills make a software engineer stand out, and the highlighted skills below are what stand the New Hampshire software engineer out from those without them:
- Scala skilled software engineers in New Hampshire earn 24.30%, which amounts to $24,753 yearly as add on.
- Os Kernel skilled software engineers earn 17.55%, which is $17,877 yearly add on.
- Big Data skilled software engineers earn 17.35%, which totals $17,673 as yearly add on to salary.
- Microservices skilled software engineers earn 16.13%, which is $16,430 yearly add on to salary.
- Machine Learning skilled software engineers earn 11.91% as yearly add on to salary, which amounts to $12,132.
- Data Structures skilled software engineers earn 10.99%, which is $11,194 as yearly add on to salary.
Software Engineer Salary Based on Experience in the State of New Hampshire
Software engineers with years of experience in the State of New Hampshire enjoy certain benefits than those without much experience.
Highlighted below are the number of years of experience and salaries that software engineers can earn in New Hampshire:
- – 1 year; earns $85,315 as a software engineer in New Hampshire.
- 1 – 2 years of experience on the job earns $87,652 yearly.
- 3 – 5 years of experience as a software engineer earns $90,000 yearly.
- 6 – 9 years as a software engineer in New Hampshire can earn you $100,256 yearly.
- 10 years and above earns $114,859 yearly salary.
10 Highest Paying Companies for Software Engineers in the State of New Hampshire
The table below shows the top paying companies for software engineers in the State of New Hampshire:
|Companies||Salary Yearly ($)|
|Octo Consulting Group||153,511|
More Benefits for Software Engineers in the State of New Hampshire
Software engineers in New Hampshire are entitled to some benefits aside from their salaries and bonuses.
These benefits are either long or short term; here is a list of the major ones:
- Stock options. Stocks are issued to software engineers in New Hampshire by the company they work for while still in service. These stocks are translated into cash as the company declares profit sharing yearly.
- Referral program. New Hampshire software engineers get referral benefits in the form of bonuses, just by getting referred or by referring others to applications or programs.
- Gym membership. Stress and other related issues can sometimes be a hampering factor for the New Hampshire software engineer, so they are given gym membership cards to help them work out any stress related issues.
- Commuter assistance. Private commuter assistance is provided for the New Hampshire software engineer, more so if the engineer concerned has no car.
- Food provided. Software engineers work long hours, which means they have little time for breaks; the company provides food for its software engineers during this period of intense work schedule.
What Related Job Titles to Software Engineer Earn in the State of New Hampshire
Highlighted below are related job titles to the software engineer and the salaries they earn:
- Backend developer in New Hampshire earns a yearly salary of $117,234.
- Frontend developer earns $107,767 yearly.
- Full stack developer in New Hampshire earns $102,583 yearly.
- Application developer earns $80,037 as yearly salary.
- Developer earns $73,042 yearly.
Software Engineer Job and Salary Outlook in the State of New Hampshire
Ranked 16th out of 50 States, New Hampshire is taking a stride in its effort to attract the best software engineers to it.
With her Northeast region been considered the region with the highest cost of living in the US, New Hampshire is amongst the States in the region trying to balance cost of living against high salaries.
When you consider the growth rate between the highest paying city, Rochester ($69,977), and the least paying Laconia ($57,628), the difference is just 19%, which might suggest the possibility of getting hired is very fast.
How to Increase Your Salary as Software Engineer in the State of New Hampshire
Here are some ways software engineers in New Hampshire can increase their salaries:
- Relocate. Moving from a low paying city in New Hampshire to a high paying one can boost your salary tremendously.
- Get a good degree. No doubt, a good education as a software engineer will boost your salary.
- Get skilled. Your salary is determined by your having necessary skills; the highest earning software engineers are the ones with the highest level of skills and experience.
- Work for higher paying companies. Many companies are found in New Hampshire but they don’t all pay the same salary, so for software engineers in the State to increase their salary, they need to work for the high paying ones.
More Career Opportunities for Software Engineers in the State of New Hampshire0
Here are other career opportunities open to software engineers in New Hampshire and how much they earn:
- Search marketing strategist earns $114,000 yearly.
- Electrical engineer earns $98,000 as yearly salary.
- Information security analysts in New Hampshire earn $96,000 yearly salary.
- Water engineer earns $92,000 yearly salary.
New Hampshire is a State that software engineers may want to work and live in if earning high salaries is their major concern.
However, the cost of living standards is high in New Hampshire (101,865). This may make things a bit difficult for the software engineer as salary increase may not come easily due to the already high pay structure.