Montana Software Engineer Salary and How to Increase It
The software engineer salary in Montanais $91249 yearly.
This post provides detailed information on the software engineer salary in Montana and how to increase it.
It also highlights the cities and companies that pay the highest salaries to software engineers in the State of Montana, to help you make a decision on the city and company to work for.
Please, read on:
Situated in the Rocky Mountains of the US, Montana has one of the lowest paying salaries across the entire US, which is $91249 yearly salary, with $4,000 attached bonus.
Montana has a cost of living rate of 98.8%, which is low and is its major attraction to people thinking of living there, including software engineers.
Software Engineers’ Salaries across the State of Montana
Miles City, Helena and Belgrade are the three principal cities in Montana where software engineers earn highest.
Miles City has the highest earning power of $103,719. Despite its high earning potential, the software engineer market is not active across the State.
Highest Paying Cities for Software Engineers in the State of Montana
Here are the highest paying cities for software engineers in the State of Montana and how they earn across the State yearly:
|City||Yearly Salary ($)|
Software Engineer Salary Based on Skill in the State of Montana
Skills play an important role in a software engineer’s ability to get high salaries, and for the aspiring software engineer in Montana it will do him/her well to acquire any of the listed skills to improve on their salary:
- Scala: Earns 24.30% and $20,952 as add on.
- Os kernel: Earns 17.55%, which adds up to $15,132.
- Big Data: Earns 17.35%, which amounts to $14,960 as add on yearly.
- Microservices: Earns 16.13%, which is $14,098 as addition to salary.
- Machine Learning: Earns 11.91%, which is $10,269 added to yearly salary.
- Data Structures: Earn 10.99%, which gives $9,476 as addition to salary.
Software Engineer Salary Based on Experience in the State of Montana
Experience for a software engineer is very important in getting a pay rise. Montana software engineers with many years of experience will get higher salaries.
The list below shows the years of experience of a software engineer in Montana and how they earn:
- -1 year experience earns a total salary of $63,907 yearly.
- 1 – 2 years of experience earns a salary of $65,658 yearly.
- 3 – 5 years of experience earns a salary of $70,000 yearly.
- 6 – 9 years of experience earns a salary of $75,099 yearly.
- 10 years and older earns $10,038 as yearly salary.
10 Highest Paying Companies for Software Engineers in the State of Montana
Here is a list of companies paying the highest salaries in the State of Montana:
|Company||Salary Yearly ($)|
|Octo Consulting Group||153,511|
More Benefits for Software Engineers in the State of Montana
Software engineers in Montana get other benefits aside from their salaries:
- Stocks Option. Software engineers in Montana are given shares in the company stocks and these shares or stocks are later converted to cash.
- Gym Membership. Software engineers are enrolled in gyms to help ease stress and boredom from work related issues.
- Visa Assistance. They are given assistance to procure visa when the need arises for such.
- Food Provided. Food provision is made for software engineers in Montana due to long hours of work and been unable to go on breaks.
- Relocation Assistance. Relocating from one part of Montana to another or from a Montana to another State, software engineers are given assistance to help them relocate.
What Related Job Titles to Software Engineer Earn in the State of Montana
Highlighted below are related job titles to software engineer in Montana and there earning potential yearly:
- Backend Developer in Montana earns a yearly salary of $134,113.
- Full Stack Developer earns $125,155 yearly.
- Application Developer earns $82,119 yearly.
- Frontend Developer earns $62,169 yearly.
- Developer in Montana earns a yearly salary of $24,218.
Software Engineer Job and Salary Outlook in the State of Montana
The software engineering industry in the State of Montana is not very active. Comparing the highest paying city (Miles City, $103,719) with the least paying city Missoula ($83,482), the difference is just 21%.
However, the major attracting point for Montana is its low cost of living, which is 98.8% ratio.
It is one of the States in the region where high tech companies are not attracted too keenly, even with its low living cost.
How to Increase Your Salary as a Software Engineer in Montana
As a software engineer in the State of Montana, chances are that increase in salary will be your focus.
Below is a list of factors to help the software engineer in Montana make a decision on how to increase their salary:
- Get a good education. A good education matters very much in helping a software engineer increase their salary.
- Relocate. Certain cities within the State of Montana pay higher than others, it will be more beneficial to the engineer to work in such cities.
- Get good skills. The highlighted factors on skill above, shows how much is added to software engineers salaries with skills. So in Montana, if you need a pay rise, then get a set of good skills.
- Work for high paying companies. The highest paying companies for software engineers in the State of Montana are shown above. Software engineers in Montana will definitely get an increased pay if they worked for such listed companies.
More Career Opportunities for Software Engineers in the State of Montana
Here are other career areas a software engineer can explore, with their expected salaries:
- Chemical engineer salary in Montana is $91,000 yearly.
- Electrical engineer earns a yearly salary of $89,000.
- Wind energy engineer earns $82,000 yearly.
- Computer network architect earns $73,000 yearly.
- Computer program engineer in Montana earns $69,000 yearly.
Montana is one of the Rocky Mountain States and is particularly noted for slow paced movement in the software engineering industry.
Engineers looking to work and live in Montana will find the low cost of living attractive.
Information Sources: indeed.com, bls.gov, payscale.com, ziprecruiter.com, insight.dice.com, hackreactor.com, fullstackacademy.com, and glassdoor.com.